1. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 08:00
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Numbers alone, relating to the billions of planets out there in the universe, make clear that life exists elsewhere and that the human race is not the unique species Christianity would have us believe.
    Speaking as one who professes to be a Christian, albeit not a very good one .... there is plenty of footage and testimony from military sources to demonstrate other life forms. Go and read up on admiral Byrd. t's not if there is other life forms but how it all fits together.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 12:11
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Numbers alone, relating to the billions of planets out there in the universe, make clear that life exists elsewhere and that the human race is not the unique species Christianity would have us believe.
    Actually, the bible and the existence of God supports the idea of billion of species out there in the universe. Christians are generally a bunch of narrowminded people who wallow in their own false doctrines because it makes them feel special.

In the creation account God worked for 6 days and rested on the 7th. He carried on this work with all of the heavenly species, angels, cherubims, seraphims and a whole lot of others not listed in the bible, but recorded in other Jewish literature. These beings are living somewhere out there in the universe. It is also reasonable to assume that God did not continue resting on the 8th and subsequent days, but would have continued creating beings, worlds and ecosystems all over in the billions of galaxies.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 13:56
    @rajk999 said
    Actually, the bible and the existence of God supports the idea of billion of species out there in the universe. Christians are generally a bunch of narrowminded people who wallow in their own false doctrines because it makes them feel special.

In the creation account God worked for 6 days and rested on the 7th. He carried on this work with all of the heavenly species, an ...[text shortened]... ut would have continued creating beings, worlds and ecosystems all over in the billions of galaxies.
    Which means of course Jesus is not the only way to the father, beyond this planet.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 14:172 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Which means of course Jesus is not the only way to the father, beyond this planet.
    Jesus said .. All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (Matthew 28:18 KJV). Some people take the word heaven to mean the whole universe and they take all power to mean that Jesus is equal to God.

Jesus cannot have more power than whoever it is that gave him that power in the first place, which is God His Father. Heaven can mean anywhere above the earth and several levels were identified in the bible, so I cannot say for sure how far Jesus's power extends.

It is likely that other inhabited planets, in galaxies far away will have their own plan, saviour etc etc and will be at different stages of development.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '21 11:09
    @Rajk999

Jesus cannot have more power than whoever it is that gave him that power in the first place, which is God His Father. Heaven can mean anywhere above the earth and several levels were identified in the bible, so I cannot say for sure how far Jesus's power

Is this your reason for your reluctance to say "Jesus is Lord"?

Perhaps you don't really believe that Jesus IS ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree