1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 03:061 edit
    KellyJay has flounced off for the third or fourth time.

He left, in his sullen and huffy wake, hundreds and hundreds of questions, replies and attempts to engage him on on-topic matters of substance in the course of countless threads, including even threads he himself started ostensibly in order to subject his ideas to scrutiny.

Who do people say I am? Thread 184167

Salvation belong to the Lord Thread 184086

Deceiver of the whole world Thread 183618

The book of Revelation Thread 182811

Who Jesus is and is not. Thread 182664

That's just a sampling.

There are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of moments where he refused to discuss the things he had asserted and they are plain to see.

Do any other Christians want to address any of these issues?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 21:14
    These days Christianity is packed full of people making assertions and lacking any coherent back up for those assertions.

KellyJay is a typical but quite lightweight religious blowhard who has been brought up to believe A B and C and he thinks that regurgitating A,B and C on a website forum lends him some sort of apostolic credence.

It is because I say so and I say because the bible says so. Clearly.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 09:00
    @divegeester said
    These days Christianity is packed full of people making assertions and lacking any coherent back up for those assertions.

KellyJay is a typical but quite lightweight religious blowhard who has been brought up to believe A B and C and he thinks that regurgitating A,B and C on a website forum lends him some sort of apostolic credence.

It is because I say so and I say because the bible says so. Clearly.
    So says the lightweight spirituality forum blowhard professing Christian that wastes his time discrediting Christians and Christianity while watering down the Word of God.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 09:01
    @fmf said
    KellyJay has flounced off for the third or fourth time.

He left, in his sullen and huffy wake, hundreds and hundreds of questions, replies and attempts to engage him on on-topic matters of substance in the course of countless threads, including even threads he himself started ostensibly in order to subject his ideas to scrutiny.

Who do people say I am? [threadid]184167[/thr ...[text shortened]... asserted and they are plain to see.

Do any other Christians want to address any of these issues?
    The Bible says Jesus rose from the dead in resurrection. You say that's a lie.
    The Bible talks about the resurrection of believers unto eternal life. You say that's a lie.
    The Bible also talks about the resurrection of "the dead", judgment and subsequent casting into the lake of fire, the "second death". You say that's a lie too.

To what end would be the value in addressing any "issues" with an agnostic(know-nothing) atheist?

I have better things to do with my time.

Besides, "these issues" have been discussed ad nauseam for years. Don't you have better things to do with your time than to spend it in redundant rehearsal of the mental gymnastics you employ to convince yourself to believe in a lie?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 10:21
    @secondson said
    So says the lightweight spirituality forum blowhard professing Christian that wastes his time discrediting Christians and Christianity while watering down the Word of God.
    Ah here’s another one of the “think the right thoughts and toe the religious party line to get into heaven merchants.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 10:25
    @secondson said
    And yet here you are spending several minutes writing a couple of threads to berate people about spending minutes here to ask questions.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 10:28
    @secondson said
    The Bible says Jesus rose from the dead in resurrection. You say that's a lie.
    The Bible talks about the resurrection of believers unto eternal life. You say that's a lie.
    The Bible also talks about the resurrection of "the dead", judgment and subsequent casting into the lake of fire, the "second death". You say that's a lie too.
    You say that's a lie.

No, you are mistaken. I think they are sincere and honest beliefs. I think Hindus, Jews and Muslims have sincere and honest beliefs about their God figures too.

If you can find one single post of mine in the last 15 years in which I described Christian beliefs as "lies", show me it. I will either explain your misunderstanding of what my stance is or, if it just does say that I think Christian beliefs are "lies", and there's no explaining it, I will apologize.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 10:321 edit
    @secondson said
    To what end would be the value in addressing any "issues" with an agnostic(know-nothing) atheist?
    No one is saying that you have to. It's a discussion and debate forum. And it's not a "Christian" one, so there are non-believers here. But, if you don't want to address any of the issues I have referred to above, there is no onus on you to do so, nor is there any obligation for you to engage me.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 10:33
    @secondson said
    Don't you have better things to do with your time than to spend it in redundant rehearsal of the mental gymnastics you employ to convince yourself to believe in a lie?
    I am OK actually with my time management.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 10:34
    @secondson said
    Well, I take it this is your last contribution to this thread's topic then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree