1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 10:291 edit
    What does Paul mean by "glory in the church and in Christ Jesus . . . forever?"

I know what glory in Christ Jesus forever is. But here Paul saays glory on both the church and in Christ Jesus for eternity.

"But to Him who is able to do superabundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that operates in us.

To Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all the generations forever and ever. Amen" (Eph. 3:20,21)

And is this related to the power that operates in the Christians?
    Why does Paul say that God can do above what Christians ask or even THINK, and that "superabundantly? ?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 10:33
    I hope these posts are short enough for everyone.

Did anyone yet show me where in the Bible the phrase "going to heaven" is or "go to heaven".

That's a big thing in traditional Christian teaching.
    Can someone show me where the Bible says "go to heaven" ?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 10:49
    @sonship said
    Paul says each beleiver's body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.

" Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?" (1 Cor. 6:19)

Then he also says the church collectively including all the believers in Corinth is the temple of God where the Spirit of God dwells.

"Do you ...[text shortened]... it be related to His writing His new name upon them and they will go out no more? [b](Rev. 3:12)
    I think you've simply lost the ability to read scripture as it was intended.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 11:021 edit
    @sonship said
    I hope these posts are short enough for everyone.

Did anyone yet show me where in the Bible the phrase "going to heaven" is or "go to heaven".

That's a big thing in traditional Christian teaching.
    Can someone show me where the Bible says "go to heaven" ?
    Philippians 3:20

'For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.'
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 15:552 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

'For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.'

Where in there does it say "go to heaven?"
    We may be waiting for the Savior to come from there and take us back temporarily - rapture. But we come back down with Him in Rev. 19 to the earth.

The prayer of the Lord was "You kingdom come" not "go to your kingdom".

Our citizenship is in the heavens is like "set your mind on the things above where
    Christ is at the right hand of God."

In the sign at the end of the Bible you have New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God. Anyone who wishes to remain in heaven forever will see all the redeemed saints and Christ descending down away from them to the earth.

" . . . New Jerusalem, which descends out of heaven from My God . . . " (Rev. 3:12)

" . . . the holy city, Jerusalem, coing down out of heaven from God." (Rev. 21:10)

Our citizenship as the eternally saved is with the New Jerusalem holy city of God. And it is shown " coming down " not going up.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 15:584 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    I think you've simply lost the ability to read scripture as it was intended.

So says the athiest who reads the Holy Bible and comes away snorting "God doesn't exist".
    And "None of it is true."
    So says he about knowing how to read the Bible.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 16:011 edit
    Anybody who wants to follow Ghost of a Duke on how to best read the Bible to get the best understanding, do so at your own peril.

Of course putting a gun to your head or jumping off of a bridge would probably do just as well.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 16:081 edit
    @sonship said
    Anybody who wasnts to follow Ghost on how to best read the Bible to get the best understanding, do so at your own peril.

Of course putting a gun to your head or jumping off of a bridge would probably do just as well.
    I think my suggested interpretations these last few pages have sounded more Christian than the deification stuff you have been peddling. And I'm not even a Christian!
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 16:13
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Where in there does it say "go to heaven?"
    We may be waiting for the Savior to come from there and take us back temporarily - rapture. But we come back down with Him in Rev. 19 to the earth.

T ...[text shortened]... ith the New Jerusalem holy city of God. And it is shown " coming down " not going up.
    Oh, Revelations also has Jesus (the lamb) watching over the people being tormented in hell (presumably sipping tea) so I wouldn't pay that too much mind. Was probably just a bad dream.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 16:15
    @sonship said
    Anybody who wants to follow Ghost of a Duke on how to best read the Bible to get the best understanding, do so at your own peril.

It is a tough call for the Christians here. Listen to an atheist or listen to a deification cult member who's leader condemned Christians to Satan.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 16:561 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    It is a tough call for the Christians here. Listen to an atheist or listen to a deification cult member who's leader condemned Christians to Satan.

I am realizing when it can be seen when you are lying. Your mouth is open.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 17:001 edit
    I haveposted many interesting questions on this thread.
    As you can see the assistence in really understanding the Bible really cannot be said to come from Ghost of a Duke

Oh, Revelations also has Jesus (the lamb) watching over the people being tormented in hell (presumably sipping tea) so I wouldn't pay that too much mind. Was probably just a bad dream.

Brothers and sisters in Christ does he warm up your love for the Son of God by this sarcasm?

Do you come away with a heart softer and more leaning towards Jesus Christ or cold, hateful bothered, preferring as he and FMF do that there was no God?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 17:07
    What happens to the people who have Christ WITHIN as their ZOE [divine] life AND Christ as life swallowing them up too?

From WITHIN - life -

"But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall by no means thirst forever; but the water that I will give him will become IN HIM a fountain of water springing up into eternal life." (John 4:14)

From WITHOUT - life -

" . . . in that we do not desire to be unclothed, but clothed upon, that what is mortal may be dwallowed up by life." ( 2 Cor. 5:4)

What will it mean to have Christ springin up from within and swallowing up from without and you have "eternal life" ?

Christ is God-man.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 17:16
    If Jesus Christ is SO large to begin with, how can Paul say Christ was to be MAGNIFIED? He's bif enough already. How can Paul speak of the magnification of Christ and that in his own body ?

"According to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I will be put to shame, but with all boldness, as always, even now Christ will be magnified in my body, whether through life or through death.

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." (Phil. 1:20,21)

I thought for Paul to live is Paul.
    But Paul says for him to live is Christ.

When a Christian lives its is suppose to be Christ ?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 17:201 edit
    Paul saw like a kangifying glass magnifying Christ to the jailors and fellow prisoners in a Roman prison.

" . . . in nothing I will be put to shame, but with all boldness, as ALWAYS, even now Christ will be magnified in my body whether through life or through death." (Phil. 1:20)

How blasphemous or is it even blaphemous AT ALL to coin this experience of Paul as part of his "SON-izing" process?

Do you think declaring God does not exist for ten years in public is less an insult to God?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree