1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 08:031 edit
    " . . . and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."

Is there some place where the Spirit of the Lord is not ?
    What does Paul mean if God is omnipresent that "where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom?"

Isn't that everwhere since God is everywhere?

"And the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Cor. 3:17)

And what in the world is it that follows mean?

"But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory even as from the Lord Spirit" (v. 18)
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 08:07
    @sonship said
    " . . . and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."

Is there some place where the Spirit of the Lord is not ?
    What does Paul mean if God is omnipresent that "where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom?"

Isn't that everwhere since God is everywhere?
    The "where" in "where the Spirit of the Lord is" could mean in the conscience and consciousness of the believers, right? If the "spirit" is there [i.e. "where" it is], then that believer enjoys "freedom", maybe?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 08:10
    @sonship said
    And what in the world is it that follows mean?

"But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory even as from the Lord Spirit" (v. 18)
    The influence of one's faith and belief in the Lord has an impressive effect on those that worship him? People can see the influence of believing in "the Lord Spirit" in the words and deeds of believers?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 08:11
    I don't see the "deification" theory being demonstrated by any of these quotes.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 08:12
    What does it mean when Jesus says He will write on someone the namr of the city of His God?

What does it mean when He says He will make someone a pillar in the temple of His God ? ?

" I come quickly; hold fast whart you have that no one take your crown.

He who overomes, him I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymore, and I will write upon him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jeruselem, which descends out oif heaven from My God, and My new name." (Rev. 3:11,12)

Huh?
    What "new name" for Jesus ?
    What does He means make a pillar in the temple of His God and write on him the
    name of His God and write on him His new name?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 08:131 edit
    @fmf said
    I don't see the "deification" theory being demonstrated by any of these quotes.
    Unless one tries to superimpose a really contrived and convoluted interpretation onto words that, as they stand, seem pretty straightforward.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 08:17
    @sonship said
    What does it mean when Jesus says He will write on someone the namr of the city of His God?

What does it mean when He says He will make someone a pillar in the temple of His God ? ?

" I come quickly; hold fast whart you have that no one take your crown.

He who overomes, him I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymo ...[text shortened]... the New Jeruselem, which descends out oif heaven from My God, and My new name." (Rev. 3:11,12)
    Sounds like people going to "Heaven" [so to speak] and God's "temple" or "kingdom" being populated by the faithful. It is flowery writing that reminds me of the metaphysical poets in Britain in the C17th. It is literature, after all.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 08:20
    @sonship said
    What "new name" for Jesus ?
    What does He means make a pillar in the temple of His God and write on him the
    name of His God and write on him His new name?
    Do you think it is alluding to the deification of human beings?
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 09:23
    DEIFICATION—BECOMING GOD - By Witness Lee

'We are told in the New Testament that we are “partakers of the divine nature” and that “we will be like Him.” This means that we are becoming God in life and nature.'
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 10:011 edit
    "In whom you also are being built into a dwelling place of God in spirit" (Eph 2:22)

What is it for the saved to be built intp a habitation or dwelling place of God in spirit? What did Paul mean? And how can you be "built" into God's dwelling place ?
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 10:03
    @sonship said
    "In whom you also are being built into a dwelling place of God in spirit" (Eph 2:22)

What is it for the saved to be built intp a habitation or dwelling place of God in spirit? What did Paul mean? And how can you be "built" into God's dwelling place ?
    The answer, provided by the NT, isn't deification.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 10:051 edit
    @sonship said
    A believer's heart is the seat of his love for God? The faith dwells in the believer? The believers were built by God? They were built to worship God? God's "spirit" is the faith and the effect of faith in the follower of Jesus?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 10:101 edit
    Paul says each beleiver's body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.

" Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?" (1 Cor. 6:19)

Then he also says the church collectively including all the believers in Corinth is the temple of God where the Spirit of God dwells.

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?"

Does that have anything to do with the "treasure in earthen vessels" maybe?

I wonder if it has anything to with the promise that Christ will make the ovecomer a "pillar in the temple of My God"? Or could it be related to His writing His new name upon them and they will go out no more? (Rev. 3:12)
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 10:13
    @sonship said
    Paul says each beleiver's body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.

" Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?" (1 Cor. 6:19)

Then he also says the church collectively including all the believers in Corinth is the temple of God where the Spirit of God dwells.

"Do you ...[text shortened]... it be related to His writing His new name upon them and they will go out no more? [b](Rev. 3:12)
    You're repeating yourself. See my earlier posts which have non-convoluted interpretations.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 10:17
    Why does Peter say we Christians are being built up into a spritual house?

"You yourselves also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house . . . " (1 Pet. 2:5a)

What is a house built up with living stones have to do with the church?

How can human beings be "living stones" anyway ?
    Was Peter a living stone ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree