1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 11:50
    Let us not forget that many Christians are undergoing the process of sanctification just as the New Testament teaches.
    I for one am one of them. And there are many others.

Subjective sanctification begins with not being conformed to this world by the renewing of your mind.
    You see much of the reason we have disagreements here is because the Christians' minds have been to some or other degree renewed from the way of this world.

And do not be fashioned according to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of the mind that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and well pleasing and perfect. (Rom. 12:2)

J.B. Phillips paraphrase use to put this "Don't let the world squeeze you into its mold".

I use to have no thought I was a sinful man.
    Now I know better.

I use to have no thought to spend time with God.
    Now time apart from God is a waste.

I use to have a heart completely COLD towards Christ.
    Now my hear towards Jesus is warm and loving.

Old habits were enjoyable.
    As you enjoy the Lord Jesus more and more they become intolerable.
    This is the overcoming process. You learn to enjoy God more than other things you wants enjoyed.

Some people do not under stand sanctification though. This kind of change takes place as one turns his heart to the spirit where the Spirit of Jesus resides in him. If he should not practice and exercise to turn to the spirit the outer man - the old man is being more and more corrupted. In once sense you seem to be getting worse - when you are not in Spirit.

But when you turn and exercise your spirit the new man, the inner man is strong and prevailing. This is why Paul said the Christians needs to be strengthened INTO that realm:

That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit into the inner man, that Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith. (Eph. 3:16,17)

The Christian life, in order to produce works that God has ordained that we walk in, is a life of ever being strengthened into the realm of the inner man. As one is empowered to remain in that realm and not distracted of moved away - the soul is transformed as Christ makes His home more and more in the heart.

Yet paradoxically, the fallen man, as the years advance, "is being currupted" . The paradox is that you are being transformed as you linger more and more in the "inner man" , yet the old man, the outer man seems, if you fail, to be getting worse. The feeling of it getting worse may be the keener, deeper sense one has in the conscience as growth in life takes place.

Now the next continues some of the practical outworking of the believer being sanctified.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 12:102 edits
    Practical Works coming out of the renewed mind and sanctified soul:

Therefore having put off the lie, speak truth each one with his neighbor, for we are members one of another. (Eph. 3:25)
    You learn more and more to be careful in your speaking. ( I said learn, not instantaneous perfection on day #1)

Be angry, yet do not sin; do not let the sin go down on your indignation. (v.26)
    What a job the Holy Spirit can do you your vindictive and vengeful self.
    Forgiveness flows out more. Though we Christians can be sorely tested, we prove Christ can empower to forgive.

Neither give place to the devil. (v.27)
    The light of the Holy Spirit enlightens one more and more how easily the enemy of God can slip in and utilize you.
    (I said you, not the other guy. You see how the easily the enemy can take control of YOU the Christian)
    Give him no place. Praise and thank God instead. We can leave our vindication up to God.

He who steals should steal no more ... (v.2a)
    I had no idea how often we steal until the Lord begin to show how things can be borrowed and not returned or somehow other wise become yours.

" ... but rather should labor, working with his own hands in the which is respectable, that he may have something to share with him who has need." (v.28)
    The Lord Jesus wants to work out both personal responsibility and liberality in our hearts. You work with your hands respectfully. And you work that you may have something also to share with someone in need.

"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth ..."
    Sanctification should effect our speaking and the way we talk.
    Perhaps one of the first things your old friends will notice is the change in your speech.

"Let no corrupt word proceed ... but only that which is good for building up, according to the need, that it may give grace to those who hear." (v.29)
    Building up and and giving grace to those who hear is speaking with a mind for edifying people with Christ and trying to usher them into a relationship with Christ. Both intentionally and unconsciously the Christians learns to limit what comes out of their mouth. "Does it glorify Christ? Does it give grace. Does it bring in an atmosphere of wanting to draw near to God?"

I have SO FAR TO GO !!
    But I am glad I am not where I use to be.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 02:14
    @sonship said
    Practical Works coming out of the renewed mind and sanctified soul:

Therefore having put off the lie, speak truth each one with his neighbor, for we are members one of another. (Eph. 3:25)
    You learn more and more to be careful in your speaking. ( I said learn, not instantaneous perfection on day #1)

[b]Be angry, yet do not sin; do not let the sin go down on ...[text shortened]... nting to draw near to God?"

I have SO FAR TO GO !!
    But I am glad I am not where I use to be.
    ME, ME, ME, is not the way to eternal life. You really are secretly ashamed of the gospel of Christ. You just cannot bring yourself to repeat the commandments of Christ.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 12:02
    @sonship
    Hey Sonship. Next time dont start a thread you know nothing of. LOL ...
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 12:541 edit
    @Rajk999

ME, ME, ME, is not the way to eternal life.

This thread is not about eternal life, Because YOU,YOU,YOU have nothing else to argue about except the rudiments and basics of the Gospel WHATEVER the subject matter is you revert back to you one and only topic - Who gets saved and who does not.

If any one is displaying "ME, ME, ME" its you.

You really are secretly ashamed of the gospel of Christ. You just cannot bring yourself to repeat the commandments of Christ.

If anyone is displaying "Me, Me, Me" behavior it is Rajk999 who cannot but do anything but re-hash his heretical beliefs about no assurance of eternal redemption.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 14:15
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

ME, ME, ME, is not the way to eternal life.

This thread is not about eternal life, Because YOU,YOU,YOU have nothing else to argue about except the rudiments and basics of the Gospel WHATEVER the subject matter is you revert back to you one and only topic - Who gets saved and who does not.

If any one is displaying "ME, ME, ME" its you.
    [quo ...[text shortened]... o cannot but do anything but re-hash his heretical beliefs about no assurance of eternal redemption.
    Im trying to discourage the potential goats from listening to you, and bringing damnation upon themselves.

Then shall Jesus say also unto them on the left hand,
    Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,
    prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me not in:
    naked, and ye clothed me not:
    sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    (Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)

You have no Christ in you if you cannot tell people the truth about eternal life in the Kingdom of God. You are Satan in disguise attempting to draw people away from good works and righteousness and the truth of the gospel of Christ.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 14:28
    @sonship said
    @This thread is not about eternal life, Because YOU,YOU,YOU have nothing else to argue about except the rudiments and basics of the Gospel WHATEVER the subject matter is you revert back to you one and only topic - Who gets saved and who does not.
    I have my focus.
    DIvegeester has one
    FMF has another
    Ghost has even yet another.

All of us have valid arguments against your doctrine. Maybe you should focus on the failure of your nonsense teachings which you mindlessly swallowed from Witness Lee.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 20:451 edit
    You have the give the man credit for trying. The man with so many words that people beg him to write less, now faced with the task of speaking about good works and righteousness and all of a sudden he is struck dumb.

Quite likely God has shut your mouth, and with good reason. God has probably determined that if sonship were so speak the truth about this topic exactly as Jesus said it then he would be lying to himself and others. Sonship does not deep in his heart believe that good works and righteousness is a virtue of any value.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '19 13:26
    When it comes to practical works of righteousness, the one thing that will count on judgment day, sonship is lost for words.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. (Matthew 25:41-46 KJV)
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '19 14:33
    Practical Works of Righteousness from Sonship
    [NOTHING]

Practical Works of Righteousness from Jesus Christ
    Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:3-10 KJV)
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jul '19 14:53
    Thread highjacked and ruined by Rajk999.
    No more discussion from me the starter.

You're on your own/s.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '19 16:57
    @sonship said
    Thread highjacked and ruined by Rajk999.
    No more discussion from me the starter.

You're on your own/s.
    Thread high jacked and ruined by the teachings of Christ.
    No more discussion from the Devil and his angels
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '19 21:23
    Sonship was just trying to promote good works from Christians.

What's the problem?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '19 21:58
    @chaney3 said
    Sonship was just trying to promote good works from Christians.

What's the problem?
    Please show me where Sonship promoted good works.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Jul '19 10:21
    @rajk999 said
    Please show me where Sonship promoted good works.
    Nothing to say Cheney3?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree