1. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 20:50
    @medullah said
    Correct.

But the reality is that people pick and choose. You won’t find Christmas in the bible but it’s amazing the number of people that celebrate it ..........

I don’t personally like ( am not comfortable) with this whole “personal relationship” with stuff, but I do defend the right of people to express themselves in this manner. If they feel particularly close to th ...[text shortened]... ed as “having a personal relationship with”, but as I repeat I’m not personally comfortable with it.
    Of course people can use whatever terms they are comfortable with. The problem is when those terms are used to remove the correct teachings. This matter of personal relationship is used by churches to remove the requirement to live righteously.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:00
    @rajk999 said
    Of course people can use whatever terms they are comfortable with. The problem is when those terms are used to remove the correct teachings. This matter of personal relationship is used by churches to remove the requirement to live righteously.
    You still don’t understand how Christians live righteously. Or maybe you do and that’s why you always go the self-effort route - to keep them under the law, condemned and repeating the same sins over and over.

You ignore the entire message of the New Covenant and cross of Christ.

You preach the doctrine of Satan.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:03
    @pb1022 said

You preach the doctrine of Satan.
    No, he doesn't.

And every time you refer to him as a Christ denier you look like a chump.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:13
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No, he doesn't.

And every time you refer to him as a Christ denier you look like a chump.
    Interesting that an atheist agrees with him. I suspect other atheists on here do as well.

rajk999 denies the deity of Jesus Christ and doesn’t think belief in Jesus Christ is necessary for anything.

He devalues to the point of irrelevancy what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross and rejects what Jesus said were the two greatest commandments: To love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself.

He’s a Christ denier and he preaches the doctrine of Satan.

I expect an atheist to defend him.
  5. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:22
    I would love to see everyone in this forum down the pub/bar/rum shop face to face talking to each other.

I suspect that we would see a lot more tolerant type of behaviour. If I ever make my fortune I’d fund, a week in Vegas for everyone to come together and discuss philosophy 😉 😛 😆
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:25
    @pb1022 said
    Interesting that an atheist agrees with him. I suspect other atheists on here do as well.

rajk999 denies the deity of Jesus Christ and doesn’t think belief in Jesus Christ is necessary for anything.

He devalues to the point of irrelevancy what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross and rejects what Jesus said were the two greatest commandments: To love God with all your ...[text shortened]...

He’s a Christ denier and he preaches the doctrine of Satan.

I expect an atheist to defend him.
    It's certainly true that galveston, sonship, Rajk and yourself all believe in different versions of Jesus. There's no denying that.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:27
    @medullah said
    I would love to see everyone in this forum down the pub/bar/rum shop face to face talking to each other.

I suspect that we would see a lot more tolerant type of behaviour. If I ever make my fortune I’d fund, a week in Vegas for everyone to come together and discuss philosophy 😉 😛 😆
    I'm far more pugnacious in person.

😀
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:37
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It's certainly true that galveston, sonship, Rajk and yourself all believe in different versions of Jesus. There's no denying that.
    There are no “versions of Jesus.”

There’s one Jesus Christ.

People may view Him differently (and obviously some view Him incorrectly,) but there are no “versions” of Him.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:42
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Some deny Jesus altogether others turn Him into just another created being with a few more bells and whistles, while some believe Him to be God with us, the Word of God made flesh. He is a focal point in how reality should be defined.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:45
    @pb1022 said
    There are no “versions of Jesus.”

There’s one Jesus Christ.

People may view Him differently (and obviously some view Him incorrectly,) but there are no “versions” of Him.
    Again, the 4 of you believe in different versions of the same Jesus, each tweaked to suit your own flavor of religion. (Your version has given you a faulty torch to lead nonbelievers to God).
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:46
    @medullah said

Nah, Sin City is the wrong place. I say head down to the Caribbean islands. With a cooler of beers on the beach ... then we will see who's who.... lol 😀
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:49
    @rajk999 said
    Nah, Sin City is the wrong place. I say head down to the Caribbean islands. With a cooler of beers on the beach ... then we will see who's who.... lol 😀
    My vote goes to rajk999’s idea, how often do I get to say that! 😎
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:521 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The version of Jesus that is correct is the one
    approved by Jesus,
    revealed by God
    and spoken by Peter

Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. (Matthew 16:16 KJV)

End of Story. Nobody needs to believe anything else.
    Churches can say whatever they like... nobody cares
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 21:58
    @kellyjay said
    My vote goes to rajk999’s idea, how often do I get to say that! 😎
    Only because you want to be in the Caribbean?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jan '22 22:00
    @rajk999 said
    The version of Jesus that is correct is the one
    approved by Jesus,
    revealed by God
    and spoken by Peter

Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. (Matthew 16:16 KJV)

Churches can say whatever they like... nobody cares
    No one denies Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

You think that means He’s a created being. I don’t. I believe He has existed eternally.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree