1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 17:251 edit
    "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God." (Rom. 8:16)

For the Holy Spirit Himself to jointly bear witness with our human spirit that we are children of God is intimate and personal.

It is also collective and corporate.

To cry "Daddy, Abba Father. My dear Father . . . Abba" is very personal. And we should do so often telling the heavenly Father we love Him personally.

"For you have not reeived a spirit of slaveru bringing you into fear again, but you have received a spriit of sonship in which we cry, Abba, Father!

The Spirit Himself witrnesses with our spirit that we are children of God." (vs.15,16)
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 17:251 edit
    @divegeester said
    This is one time when I do agree with you sonship.

I also agree with jajk999 that the phrase is not in the bible, however I don’t feel that “a personal relationship with Christ” is a phrase which in anyway detracts from any other scripture on the topic of Christ’s purpose and methodology.

This is probably an area in which FMF’s deist ideas conflict with my percept ...[text shortened]... ionship” is however, subject to the norms associated with approaching God through Jesus Christ. Etc.
    There is no expression in the bible called -
    relationship with Christ
    personal relationship with Christ
    intimate relationship with Christ

None are in the bible.

What is in the bible is the statement that Jesus abides with those who keep the commandments. And these get eternal life. Those who just run their mouth and talk about having a personal relationship are mouth worshippers who get cast out.

How it detracts from the teachings of the bibl, is that I have heard many Christians say that the personal relationship means that they do not have to keep the commandments.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 17:462 edits
    "Come to Me all who toil and are burdened, and I will give you rest.

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am meek and lowlu in heart, and you will find rest for our souls. For MY yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matt. 11:28-30)

You can COME to Jesus today. I mean TODAY.
    You can bring your weary burdened soul to Jesus and learn from Him.
    He knows how to live God. And you can learn from being taught PERSONALLY by
    Him.

"Lord Jesus. I am so tired now. I come to You Lord Jesus. Lord I come to you Lord Jesus."

If I can come to the Lord Jesus, you who are reading can also come. He will not cast out the one coming to Him for Him to be Savior and Lord - personally.

"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and him who comes to Me I shall by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven not to do My own will but the will of Him who sent Me." (John 6:37,38)
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 17:48
    @rajk999 said
    You love making a fool of yourself. I said the words 'personal relationship with Christ' is not in the bible. Neither is Trinity, neither is rapture, neither a whole bunch of words used by the church to twist the bible.

The idea of a relationship with Christ IS IN THE BIBLE. But it involves KEEPING THE COMMANDMENTS, and this fact is all over the teachings of Christ and the ...[text shortened]... for you that is a personal relationship with Christ. Your doctrine is garbage and you are an idiot.
    Show me where personal relationship means keeping commandments, what verse says that?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 17:551 edit
    "I love Jehovah because He has hears my voice, my suplications, because He inclines His ear to me . . ." (Psalm 116:11,2a)

This is personal.
    This is intimate.
    This is a relationship with a living Person - Jehovah God.

"Therefore I will call upon Him all my days." (v.2b)

I think it must be that the demons entice Rajk999 to mock this.

The Lord can be our Shepherd, With Him we lack nothing we need.
    Out greatest need is God Himself.

Can anyone say the 23rd Psalm is not about a personal relationship with God?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 17:59
    @sonship said
    "I love Jehovah because He has hears my voice, my suplications, because He inclines His ear to me . . ." (Psalm 116:11,2a)

This is personal.
    This is intimate.
    This is a relationship with a living Person - Jehovah God.

"Therefore I will call upon Him all my days." (v.2b)

I think it must be that the demons entice Rajk999 to mock this.

The ...[text shortened]... need is God Himself.

Can anyone say the 23rd Psalm is not about a personal relationship with God?
    <<Can anyone say the 23rd Psalm is not about a personal relationship with God?>>

I don’t think so.

King David says the Lord is “my” shepherd, not the Lord is “our” shepherd.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 18:02
    @kellyjay said
    Show me where personal relationship means keeping commandments, what verse says that?
    There is nothing called a personal relationship with anybody in the bible so I do not use that expression. The closest thing one can find to that are the following expressions
    - a friend
    - a disciple
    - a sheep
    - a brother or sister of Christ
    - a son
    - a person who loves God and Christ

All of these are at some point referred to as people who KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS. Eg Jesus said ye are my friends if ye do whatsoever I command you. Go find the rest yourself. I have quoted these passages ad nauseum according to some people. But your head is like a rock
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 18:05
    @rajk999 said
    There is nothing called a personal relationship with anybody in the bible so I do not use that expression. The closest thing one can find to that are the following expressions
    - a friend
    - a disciple
    - a sheep
    - a son

All of these are at some point referred to as people who KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS. ...[text shortened]... self. I have quoted these passages ad nauseum according to some people. But your head is like a rock
    You change your statement that I responded to?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 18:07
    How can God grant to you out of His love eternal life to you and it not be personal?

It is YOU that He wants for eternity.
    It is YOU receiving Him as your Lord and Savior in Christ.

Some of us need to go to God and say "God, its personal isn't it?"
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 18:08
    @rajk999 said
    - a friend
    - a disciple
    - a sheep
    - a son

All of these are at some point referred to as people who KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS. ...[text shortened]... self. I have quoted these passages ad nauseum according to some people. But your head is like a rock
    You don’t think love involves a personal relationship?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 18:151 edit
    @PB1022

I don’t think so.

King David says the Lord is “my” shepherd, not the Lord is “our” shepherd.

Huh?
    How many millions have been comforted personally by God by reciting in faith the 23rd Psalm?

How about Peter saying Jesus Christ is the Shepherd and Overseer of our souls?

"For you were like sheep being led astray, but you have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of our souls." (1 Pet. 2:25)
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 18:201 edit
    For the God incarnate - the Lord Jesus to be the Shepherd and Overseer of our souls who come to HIm, is very personal.

Nobody knows your soul like Jesus knows your soul.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 18:34
    @rajk999 said
    - a friend
    - a disciple
    - a sheep
    - a son

At some point referring is that in the Bible or did you make that up?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 21:18
    @kellyjay said
    At some point referring is that in the Bible or did you make that up?
    Its in the bible. Go read it.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 21:19
    @sonship said
    For the God incarnate - the Lord Jesus to be the Shepherd and Overseer of our souls who come to HIm, is very personal.

Nobody knows your soul like Jesus knows your soul.
    And Jesus will cast all souls in hell if they do not keep the commandments.
    Just ask for the reference

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree