1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '21 15:40
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    I understand that you are what I would call a cake unturned.
    No, I didn’t ask for a silly metaphor, I asked you a direct question.

Sonship, are you going to acknowledge that you fully understand what I believe or not?

I’m not asking you to agree, I’m asking you a yes or no question.
    I am utterly sick of you pretending you don’t understand so you can reply with silly straw men arguments.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '21 17:071 edit
    @divegeester
    I am utterly sick of you pretending you don’t understand so you can reply with silly straw men arguments.

What have I messed?

What am I pretending to not understand?

And why could I not say exactly the same thing about you?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '21 19:232 edits
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    What have I messed?

What am I pretending to not understand
    Sonship, are you going to acknowledge that you fully understand what I believe (about the godhead) or not?

Fourth time of asking.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '21 19:26
    @divegeester

Second time asking.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '21 19:30
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Tell me before Jesus Christ that you do not know?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '21 19:31
    Don’t you feel convicted when you are dishonest like this sonship ?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '21 22:041 edit
    @divegeester
    Tell me before Jesus Christ that you do not know?

Everything I write to you on this Discussion Board is before Jesus Christ.

If you feel that I am pretending to not understand you about something, explain what it is so I can know.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '21 22:28
    @divegeester said
    I wonder about your intellectual capabilities sometimes sonship.

I believe that the father, the son and the spirit are all the same person, do you comprehend and acknowledge that?

Please tell me that you understand what I believe and stop pretending that you don’t in order to keep making these silly straw men cases.

First you please acknowledge that you understand what I believe on this matter of the oneness or threeness of God, and we can discuss it.???
    Here you go sonship. This was from the previous page. I’m sure it was so difficult for you to comprehend...

Would you like to have a go at answering the question.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 May '21 09:312 edits
    @divegeester

This is suppose to be the part I am "pretending" to not understand?

I not only understand but I have written "the Lord is the Spirit" and the "son . . given" is called [b]"eternal Father". I've been writing about 2 Cor. 3:17 and Isaiah 9:6 for years showing that one Person is God.

I have written scores of time showing the interchangeable titles in "Romans 8:9-11".
    The Spirit of God
    The Spirit of Christ
    Christ
    The Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead.

These interchangeable titles are used to describe the Person within indwelling the believers in Romans 8:9-11.

That is one God with interchangeable titles. So there has been no "pretending" that I don't understand the one Person aspect of God's nature.
    I have written many times that in the experience of the saints we can detect no difference.

But I have written faithfully that the other side of this mystery is that they are distinct three _____________ [let's say persons]. If I pretend that that side of the truth doesn't exist my conscience and the consciences of thousands of my brothers and sisters will protest.

You want badly some kind of admission. Okay, I'll give you an admission. Ready?
    I cannot explain this three-oneness.
    But I am sure not going to PRETEND that three distinct but not separate "persons" is not revealed in the Bible.

I don't have to be able to explain this great mystery. I am commanded to believe in God. And you go right ahead and doubt my mental capacities is that make you feel good. I don't care about that because I know I am being true to ALL of what the Bible reveals.

I cannot PRETEND that "We" is not a plural pronoun. And I don't believe that "We is used to express two or more modes or manifestations which are ONLY successive. Like "I was a student. I was a bachelor. I am a married man. And WE are here today playing chess."

And I think this is probably an impasse in dialogue which we will not get agreement on if we haven't yet in so many talks. I'm comfortable with this.
    Plenty of Christians smarter than I will ever be have noticed this three-oneness of God. We still can experience and enjoy "the mystery of God, Christ".
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '21 11:21
    @sonship said
    You want badly some kind of admission. Okay, I'll give you an admission. Ready?
    So you are going keep going with this thing where you're pretending that you do not understand divegeester's beliefs on this matter?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '21 11:21
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

This is suppose to be the part I am "pretending" to not understand?
    I have just explained it to you AGAIN on page 15 of Thread 188988
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '21 12:16
    @sonship said
    But I am sure not going to PRETEND that three distinct but not separate "persons" is not revealed in the Bible.
    Mmm. Now you seem to be pretending not to understand what it is you are being accused of pretending not to understand. Mmm.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '21 12:38
    @fmf said
    Mmm. Now you seem to be pretending not to understand what it is you are being accused of pretending not to understand. Mmm.
    Lol.

Of course as soon as sonship admits that he dies understand my beliefs on the godhead, he will have to stop asking all these blindly-eyed staw man defective questions. It’s a debating tactic he uses a lot.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 May '21 13:123 edits
    @divegeester said
    Lol.

Of course as soon as sonship admits that he dies understand my beliefs on the godhead, he will have to stop asking all these blindly-eyed staw man defective questions. It’s a debating tactic he uses a lot.
    The Son is eternal.
    Your self confident posture that the Son of God isn't doesn't change this.

The Father and the Son as one God are also two distinct persons.
    Your strutting around confident that those who say so are pretending to not
    understand you doesn't change this.

God is tri-une.
    The unique God is three-one.

Support from atheists to help you construct ad homs against those who believe in the Triune God doesn't change it.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '21 17:52
    @sonship said
    The Son is eternal.
    Your self confident posture that the Son of God isn't doesn't change this.

The Father and the Son as one God are also two distinct persons.
    Your strutting around confident that those who say so are pretending to not
    understand you doesn't change this.

God is tri-une.
    The unique God is three-one.

Support from atheists to help you construct ad homs against those who believe in the Triune God doesn't change it.
    Well I have direct biblical scripture to support my belief, you have made up words, phrases and a three-headed god.

So...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree