10 Feb '19 02:47
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 02:59
    @fmf said
    [youtube]A_dDsiFZa1U[/youtube]
    And yet what is being pushed here isn't being pushed as random actions by undirected process. What is being discussed are things that occur with regularity why, design. No one is suggesting that life cannot spring up, only that it is a result of a directed process not one without direction and without all things being in place to make them occur.

You could do the math on selecting the order of a deck of cards being shuffled and having someone predict the outcome of the order without knowing what the order is. That is different than saying once the cards are shuffled some order will be there, those odds would be one. The same is true if a specific order of cards are required, if we are allowed to place them in that order that is a directed process and it can be done with the odds being one. If we had to shuffle the cards and come up with a specific order that matches what is required, well all bets are off and the odds become quite large.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 03:06
    Your video, interestingly enough, invites and allows no discussion underneath it. Mine, by contrast, has hundreds and hundreds of people discussing it in the comments under the video. What were the chances of that being the case?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 03:09
    @kellyjay said
    And yet what is being pushed here isn't being pushed as random actions by undirected process. What is being discussed are things that occur with regularity why, design. No one is suggesting that life cannot spring up, only that it is a result of a directed process not one without direction and without all things being in place to make them occur.

You could do the math on ...[text shortened]... specific order that matches what is required, well all bets are off and the odds become quite large.
    Try watching a video clip that debunks your Argument from Improbability. And then decide which one you agree with.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 03:16
    @fmf said
    Your video, interestingly enough, invites and allows no discussion underneath it. Mine, by contrast, has hundreds and hundreds of people discussing it in the comments under the video. What were the chances of that being the case?
    Sounds like one to me. 🙂
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 03:171 edit
    @fmf said
    Try watching a video clip that debunks your Argument from Improbability. And then decide which one you agree with.
    It doesn't debunk it, improbability with undirected process goes completely by chance, directed processes doesn't. Which proves my point! Thank you for the helpful link!
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 03:21
    @kellyjay said
    It doesn't debunk it, improbability with undirected process goes completely by chance, directed processes doesn't.
    What "directed processes"?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 03:21
    @kellyjay said
    Thank you for the helpful link!
    You should just decide which one you agree with.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 03:43
    @fmf said
    What "directed processes"?
    Well let’s start with the first example your link brought up, you think those were odds against human birth to be overcome? The process of childbirth is a well-established process, we were designed that way nothing more, or less. Compatible parts join, they act accordingly, and a life is started in a place designed for its gestation until birth.

Now if you want to talk about what is improbable with respect to that, imagine that wasn’t designed, just getting to a male and female of the same species with only evolution and natural selection running the show!

Starting with an asexual creature dividing into two sexes male and female through random chance many years ago, then these different sexes must maintain compatibility with each other to be able to join, then produce offspring. From a new evolutionary lifeform to the next at no time can either the male or female evolutionary alterations disrupt their compatibility! A disruption in any generation from one life form into the next game over, start your calculations there and tell me the odds.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 03:45
    @fmf said
    You should just decide which one you agree with.
    No, I'm going with the one that makes most sense, and that isn't random chance over time, springing forth from universe that started all by itself out of nothing, for no reason.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 03:47
    @kellyjay said
    No, I'm going with the one that makes most sense, and that isn't random chance over time, springing forth from universe that started all by itself out of nothing, for no reason.
    You should base your decision as to whichever one you agree with on whatever criteria you want.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 03:49
    @kellyjay said
    Well let’s start with the first example your link brought up, you think those were odds against human birth to be overcome? The process of childbirth is a well-established process, we were designed that way nothing more, or less. Compatible parts join, they act accordingly, and a life is started in a place designed for its gestation until birth.

Now if you want to talk ab ...[text shortened]... tion from one life form into the next game over, start your calculations there and tell me the odds.
    What "directed processes" are you talking about?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 08:41
    @fmf said
    You should base your decision as to whichever one you agree with on whatever criteria you want.
    No, which ever one I want isn't a criteria with which to base anything on. People who select religions on what they like are not seeking truth they want their ears itched.

Truth is what matters, my wants have to take a backseat.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '19 08:46
    @fmf said
    What "directed processes" are you talking about?
    What has to be directed is what should concern you not what you want.
    Dice and cards are small things to over come, but what about a single protein?
    The numbers of everything required to get it right are beyond staggering.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree