1. S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 07:57
    @fmf said
    Here is the thread's question:

Does this religion** - this God and His promise and his wishes - make moral sense?
    Why is your question so awkward..?

I do not really get it.

You quote the sermon on the mount, and then there is some emboldened text at the start of the thread, and then you pose this question -- and each time you say religion there is two asterisks with it...

"Does this religion - this God and His promise and his wishes - make moral sense?"

I don't really see how this is the best way to phrase a question.

It feels like a whole lot is left out for such a question to be posed.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 08:00
    @philokalia said
    Why is your question so awkward..?

I do not really get it.
    It's fine by me if you don't really get it.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 08:37
    So...Umm, sure. Yeah, it makes moral sense.

I have not seen you raise any complaints about it making moral sense... I see no controversy.

I also do not see you backing it up, either, as if this does make the most moral sense.

So, IDK.

Let's see what's behind the next door, I guess, if there is another door.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 08:48
    @philokalia said
    So...Umm, sure. Yeah, it makes moral sense.

I have not seen you raise any complaints about it making moral sense... I see no controversy.

I also do not see you backing it up, either, as if this does make the most moral sense.

So, IDK.

Let's see what's behind the next door, I guess, if there is another door.
    Thanks for your input.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 13:21
    @fmf said
    It's fine by me if you don't really get it.
    Jeez, you're no fun to play with.

I answered the question and explained why, then you modified the OP, after the fact, circumventing my input and rendering the whole intent of your thread obsolete.

That's the way I see it.

Now you'll say, "it's Fine by me if that's the way you see it."

There's nothing resembling a genuine debate going on in this thread.

@FMF says

"It's fine by me if that's what you think". 🐥
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 13:43
    @secondson said
    I answered the question and explained why, then you modified the OP, after the fact, circumventing my input and rendering the whole intent of your thread obsolete.
    I have explained the thought exercise to you now. What are you on about?
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 16:01
    @fmf said
    What are you on about?
    It's simple. I answered your question, and explained why I thought it made no moral sense, then you started adding modifications to the OP to discredit my answer and explanation to obviously avoid addressing what I said.

That's what I'm on about. I really don't think you take the time to think through what posters are saying to you. I think your opinions have become so fixed in you that you brush aside others statements merely on principle rather than on a well thought out and objective rebuttal.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 23:131 edit
    @secondson said
    It's simple. I answered your question, and explained why I thought it made no moral sense, then you started adding modifications to the OP to discredit my answer and explanation to obviously avoid addressing what I said.

That's what I'm on about. I really don't think you take the time to think through what posters are saying to you. I think your opinions have become so f ...[text shortened]... side others statements merely on principle rather than on a well thought out and objective rebuttal.
    The God of the OP requires "striving to be good and loving". It's in the OP. Concepts of what is "good and loving" follow and draw on the beatitudes. It's not about humans being "flawed" or not being "flawless". That is a Christian concept that you introduced. You talked about "a standard of perfection necessary for obtaining everlasting life". That isn't part of this thought exercise. This is all stuff you have tried to add to the God/religion of the OP. It's about "striving" not about "perfection".
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 02:14
    @fmf said
    The God of the OP requires "striving to be good and loving". It's in the OP. Concepts of what is "good and loving" follow and draw on the beatitudes. It's not about humans being "flawed" or not being "flawless". That is a Christian concept that you introduced. You talked about "a standard of perfection necessary for obtaining everlasting life". That isn't part of this thought exe ...[text shortened]... you have tried to add to the God/religion of the OP. It's about "striving" not about "perfection".
    Then why isn't this a thread about striving?

If you read the OP you get... the sermon on the mount, some vague quotation, and the question of whether or not this is moral,

and now you make it sound like the OP is all about striving. And others are saying that you have edited the content that was on the first page!

This isn't well structured.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 02:48
    @philokalia said
    Then why isn't this a thread about striving?
    It is about striving.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 02:48
    @philokalia said
    This isn't well structured.
    Thanks for your advice.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 02:50
    @philokalia said
    And others are saying that you have edited the content that was on the first page!
    I edited some typos.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree