1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '22 22:19
    A sublime insight into the bigger picture and the purpose of driving a greater good, or a platitudinous justification for genocide?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Jun '22 22:26
    coffee
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '22 22:47
    @vivify said
    coffee
    What?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '22 00:34
    @divegeester said
    A sublime insight into the bigger picture and the purpose of driving a greater good, or a platitudinous justification for genocide?
    Genocide can always be linked to an ideology of some kind, however rudimentary or elaborate it may be. Whether the ideology pertains to "mysterious" things or whether it is about things like land, language, or power, I'm not sure it matters, nor can it amount to a justification.
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 Jun '22 19:21
    @divegeester said
    A sublime insight into the bigger picture is beyond the capability of mortals, because of this, there is no way to answer this question.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '22 20:42
    @mchill said
    A sublime insight into the bigger picture is beyond the capability of mortals, because of this, there is no way to answer this question.
    Thanks for the lame cop-out reply 🙂
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    22 Jun '22 21:58
    @divegeester said
    There are those in these forums who claim that their god is in control of everything, all of the time, so why children should be born with physical or mental imperfections (as has happened in my family recently) or worse still are stillborn, and what greater purpose this serves, is a mystery indeed. I'll go with the platitude idea.
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 Jun '22 23:30
    @divegeester said
    Thanks for the lame cop-out reply 🙂
    Sorry if the truth is difficult for you to face. 😢
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '22 06:21
    @mchill said
    Sorry if the truth is difficult for you to face. 😢
    What “truth”, the truth that you are unable to explain something?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree