1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 12:57
    @fmf said
    I am not "bringing in" people like Kazetnagorra, Ghost of a Duke, wolfgang59 and ThinkOfOne. I am saying I have read your discussions with them and have nothing to add.
    So you are backing off wanting to know why I mix science and faith, this no longer
    is something you want to know even after you asked over and over?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 12:59
    @kellyjay said
    Do you ever read the things you say?
    Yes. That's why I am not questioning the honesty of your faith or your sincerity or your certainty. I have met countless people like you. All my life. I read the things you say. They are familiar. And there's nothing surprising or original about them. Your thing about your take on science and your faith is nothing new, either.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 13:04
    @fmf said
    If you think it's "science", submit it to the scrutiny on the Science Forum. Show me a link to thread when you have done it.

I've seen your copious efforts to generate your own confirmation bias on this forum and I have nothing to add to what has been put to you and how you have been set straight by posters like Kazetnagorra, Ghost of a Duke, wolfgang59 and ThinkOfOne. Nothin ...[text shortened]... you had established that science and superstition in fact coincide. Until then the question stands.
    You want to engage in this discussion on why I believe and say the things I have
    said you need to start looking at my answers instead of changing the subject and
    moving the goal posts. Watch that video, you want my reasons you need to see
    the things I look at, than question me on the content you find in error or false. It
    isn't my copious efforts to generate confirmation bias, the things I'm going to
    share are my reasons for my views. You have them for your views, we all do, but if
    you cannot handle the engagement I suggest you move on.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 13:04
    @kellyjay said
    So you are backing off wanting to know why I mix science and faith, this no longer
    is something you want to know even after you asked over and over?
    Show me where you have submitted your notions to scientific scrutiny and can then demonstrate that they corroborate your faith. You've never done it to my knowledge on this forum. I cite your many and long discussions with the posters I cited and others. That your fellow superstitious people agree with you does not count. If you have done it on the Science Forum, show me where.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 13:05
    @kellyjay said
    You want to engage in this discussion on why I believe and say the things I have
    said you need to start looking at my answers instead of changing the subject and
    moving the goal posts. Watch that video, you want my reasons you need to see
    the things I look at, than question me on the content you find in error or false. It
    isn't my copious efforts to generate confirmation ...[text shortened]... have them for your views, we all do, but if
    you cannot handle the engagement I suggest you move on.
    Put your video on the Science Forum. I will monitor how you fare.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 13:05
    @fmf said
    Yes. That's why I am not questioning the honesty of your faith or your sincerity or your certainty. I have met countless people like you. All my life. I read the things you say. They are familiar. And there's nothing surprising or original about them. Your thing about your take on science and your faith is nothing new, either.
    Than why badger me if you thought you knew the answers, and why not look at
    what I asked you too to get a better understanding about why I think the way I do?

Difficult to see something new if all you do is ask a question you think you know
    the answer too and refuse to listen to the answer.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 13:09
    @kellyjay said
    Than why badger me if you thought you knew the answers, and why not look at
    what I asked you too to get a better understanding about why I think the way I do?

Difficult to see something new if all you do is ask a question you think you know
    the answer too and refuse to listen to the answer.
    If you don't mean actual science but instead just mean it's-good-enough-for-you-as-long-as-it-backs-up-your-religious-beliefs "science", then you should just admit it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 13:10
    @fmf said
    I am not "bringing in" people like Kazetnagorra, Ghost of a Duke, wolfgang59 and ThinkOfOne. I am saying I have read your discussions with them and have nothing to add.
    moonbus as well, of course. And there have been others.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 13:16
    @kellyjay said
    moving the goal posts.
    I don't think I have moved any goalposts. You talk about "why I believe and say the things I have said". What I am interested in is why you feel the need to categorize it as "science". Show me how you fare on a thread where your "why I believe and say the things I have said" thing is scrutinized by people interested in science.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 13:201 edit
    @fmf said
    Show me where you have submitted your notions to scientific scrutiny and can then demonstrate that they corroborate your faith. You've never done it to my knowledge on this forum. I cite your many and long discussions with the posters I cited and others. That your fellow superstitious people agree with you does not count. If you have done it on the Science Forum, show me where.
    Go look them up yourself, do you own stinking home work. You must be one of
    the laziest people here, you badger me on my posting on science and faith than
    refuse to start going over the things I need to show you.

You complained about wanting me to engage you in this discussion. I suggest you
    start where I gave you my first response if you cannot at least be decent enough
    to do that, you have shown you are not interested in this, all you really wanted to
    do was badger me. Nothing here was left hanging other than your interest in
    doing what you said, engage on the topic.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 13:29
    @kellyjay said
    Go look them up yourself, do you own stinking home work. You must be one of
    the laziest people here, you badger me on my posting on science and faith than
    refuse to start going over the things I need to show you.

You complained about wanting me to engage you in this discussion. I suggest you
    start where I gave you my first response if you cannot at least be decent enou ...[text shortened]... here was left hanging other than your interest in
    doing what you said, engage on the topic.
    I am happy to take a look at any threads on the Science Forum where you think you acquitted yourself well [in service of your science-faith thing].
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 14:20
    @fmf said
    If you don't mean actual science but instead just mean it's-good-enough-for-you-as-long-as-it-backs-up-your-religious-beliefs "science", then you should just admit it.
    How would you know, you have yet to listen. I'm not the one refusing to respond
    about something I was badgering someone to give me. That would be you, if you
    have something specific to complain about concerning the information I have
    provided I suggest you ask that. If all you are going to do is again is question
    my motivation and thought processes without looking at the causes, cannot help
    you. On an aside, of course I'm going to share what I think backs up my point
    of view do you do anything differently when presenting your side of a discussion?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 14:21
    @fmf said
    I am happy to take a look at any threads on the Science Forum where you think you acquitted yourself well [in service of your science-faith thing].
    Why don't you just look at what I have already given to you, scared you may see
    something you cannot answer?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 14:32
    @kellyjay said
    Why don't you just look at what I have already given to you, scared you may see
    something you cannot answer?
    "Scared"? How so?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 14:36
    @kellyjay said
    How would you know, you have yet to listen.
    I am yet to listen to Christian creationists propagating their stuff about things like "intelligent design" and a "young earth"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree