1. S. Korea
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 06:32
    @caissad4 said
    The ten commandments were made up and then a story of divine communication was fabricated. Just like most of your "holy" book was.
    The Hebrews were originally disaffected Canaanites .
    There was no burning bush, wandering the Sinai desert, parting a sea, and definitely no scene with Charleton Heston saying "Let my people go". No Moses.
    With your reputation for misinformation and outright lies on these forums, your disagreement is an affirmation .
    This goes entirely against the narrative of your fellow atheist Israel Finklestein and any consesus that historians have.

There's loads of proof that the Hebrews invaded Canaan from the East and that the conquest of Canaan is real.

Do you have any evidence for your incredibly ahistoric assertion?

You are just shooting from the hip and hoping to make people you disagree with angry. That is all.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 14:22
    @philokalia said
    This goes entirely against the narrative of your fellow atheist Israel Finklestein and any consesus that historians have.

There's loads of proof that the Hebrews invaded Canaan from the East and that the conquest of Canaan is real.

Do you have any evidence for your incredibly ahistoric assertion?

You are just shooting from the hip and hoping to make people you disagree with angry. That is all.
    I don't think he came here to debate, just to spew talking points is all.

His endeavor here I don't think has anything to do with coming to the truth no matter if he might actually be wrong about something.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 15:41
    @philokalia said

Not at all. I am encouraging people to examine things which they take for granted. Many people are in fact "sociologically brainwashed" and are afraid to discover their long accepted "truths" are fallacy. I would welcome it greatly to find that anything which I hold to be true is indeed false.
    I am an agnostic. Onward thru the fog.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 21:26
    @philokalia said
    It is also safe to say that conservative protestant sects, particularly Calvinist, Presbyterian, and Baptist, would be recognizable...
    Of course they would be recognisable.
    You are trying to twist my words.
    I said unfamiliar.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 02:35
    @caissad4 said
    Not at all. I am encouraging people to examine things which they take for granted. Many people are in fact "sociologically brainwashed" and are afraid to discover their long accepted "truths" are fallacy. I would welcome it greatly to find that anything which I hold to be true is indeed false.
    I am an agnostic. Onward thru the fog.
    That is a good attitude overall.

I commend you for desiring to challenge the norms and what you take for granted. I also commend this idea of helping others challenge their own narratives.

I think it'd be helpful for you to go and study the Bible and the arguments that people make in defense of it because I think you'd benefit from challenging soem of your own beliefs on the issue. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking there is absolutely no merit in something like religion, but I find that even when I study religions that I do not subscribe to (like Hinduism or Islam), I end up walking away enriched and more respectful of their beliefs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree