1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Nov '19 18:38
    @mister-moggy

yes, sanhedrins ( like paul ) but jesus was not telling anyone to fear the ordinary jewish people whom he wanted to fill the synagogues with his new reformation of judiasm.

Jesus told the Jews that the kingdom of God would be taken from them and given to a nation who would bear the fruit of it.

"Therefore I say to you that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you and shall be given to a nation producing its fruit." (Matt. 21:43)

He expected opposition from the leaders of Judaism. He expected that the chief builders of that religious structure would reject the cornerstone of the Son of God.

"Jesus said to them, Have you never read in the Scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, this has become the head of the corner. This was from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes." (Matt. 21:42)

They were not going to accept Christ the cornerstone. They were going to REJECT Him.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '19 19:22
    @mister-moggy said
    @divegeester

you must mean "am i a paulist"

jesus never set up a church.

paul did.

so you really ask, "am i a paulist ?".

( or am i just a peter ? )
    I don’t care what you are tbh.

‘Boring’ springs to mind.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Nov '19 21:12
    @mister-moggy said
    @divegeester

then you are not familiar with the 1920ish revelation of that then prophet of the church making the word of wisdom a commandment and not a suggestion as the prophet joseph advised.

learn something of the mormon history before you post. do not rely on wikipedia like duchess64, etc.
    Did you intend 1820 rather than 1920? You seem unwilling to state your religious allegiance. Are you a member of the Church of Latter Day Saints?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '19 23:46
    @deepthought said
    You seem unwilling to state your religious allegiance. Are you a member of the Church of Latter Day Saints?
    What makes you think I am unwilling to state my religious allegiance?
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Nov '19 23:59
    @divegeester said
    What makes you think I am unwilling to state my religious allegiance?
    Perhaps the way you answer a question with a question?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '19 02:191 edit
    @mister-moggy said
    @divegeester

then you are not familiar with the 1920ish revelation of that then prophet of the church making the word of wisdom a commandment and not a suggestion as the prophet joseph advised.

learn something of the mormon history before you post. do not rely on wikipedia like duchess64, etc.
    Are tea and coffee forbidden due to them being hot drinks? If so, I prefer Iced coffee in the summer would that be banned, or would one have to drink it room temperature, or is there just something about the chemical make up of coffee and tea that is against the religion?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '19 06:251 edit
    @caesar-salad said
    Perhaps the way you answer a question with a question?
    It wasn’t a question by deepthought, it was a statement I was responding to. His question I ignored for the time being.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Nov '19 07:54
    @divegeester said
    It wasn’t a question by deepthought, it was a statement I was responding to. His question I ignored for the time being.
    He wasn't even talking to you.
  9. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    19 Nov '19 11:481 edit
    @DeepThought

1820 was the time of the First Vision. the Church of Christ ( later renamed the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints by the Campbellite pastor, Sidney Rigdon, a second in place to the Prophet Joseph Smith ) was not founded until April 6, 1830 ( April being the true birth month of Jesus ).

The Word of Wisdom made coffee per se an explicit item by then President Grant in the 1920's. Violation of the The Word of Wisdom ( drinking, smoking, etc. ) proscribes entry into the Temple and does not in itself bring about disclipline in the Church ( except counseling and prayer for those who violate it ).

and no, i am not LDS and have never been.

baptized as one of the "Beasts of Babylon" ( a ROMAN CATHOLIC ) but raised "in the Blood" as a fundamentalist Nazarene.

presently and by history, a Rosicrucian.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree