1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 19:201 edit
    Would you agree with the following quote by AW Tozer? Why or why not?

"Modern religion focuses upon filling churches with people. The true gospel emphasizes filling people with God."
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 19:251 edit
    @dj2becker said
    Would you agree with the following quote by AW Tozer? Why or why not?

"Modern religion focuses upon filling churches with people. The true gospel emphasizes filling people with God."
    I agree
    Without the Spirit of God we don’t belong to Him!
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 20:03
    @dj2becker

If you want people to show up and give you money, you must tell them what they want to hear.

Same thing applies to many different parts of the Christian business industry.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 20:37
    @dj2becker

Actually The two should be simultaneous. That is WHY people need to be filled with God, for the building up of the church.

There are servants of the Lord teaching that to the Apostle Paul the growth of God in filling men and women is FOR the building up of local churches.

Sure. We've missed it. Its right here:

I planted, Apollos watered, but God caused the growth.
    So then neither is he who plants anything nor he who waters, but God who causes the growth.

God causing the growth is for the building up of the living house - the practical church.

" ... but God who causes the growth.

Now he who plants and he who waters are one, but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor.

For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's cultivated land, God's building." (1 Cor. 3:7-9)

The filling of people with God is for the building up of the living building of God.
    The planters plant.
    The waterers water.
    They both look to God to cause the growth of the divine life to fill people.

As in city by city people are filled with God the local building of God (such as the church in Corinth) is being builded.

"You Christians in Corinth - you are God's farm - God's cultivated land. God is growing a crop of men and women filled with the life of Christ. God causes the growth of the planted, watered, cared for life in the believers. God causes the growth. And the growth of God in all the members is the building up of the practical church in Corinth."
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 21:04
    @eladar said
    @dj2becker

If you want people to show up and give you money, you must tell them what they want to hear.

Same thing applies to many different parts of the Christian business industry.
    Depends on what your goal is, make money or serve the Lord.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 21:05
    @sonship said
    @dj2becker

Actually The two should be simultaneous. That is WHY people need to be filled with God, for the building up of the church.

There are servants of the Lord teaching that to the Apostle Paul the growth of God in filling men and women is FOR the building up of local churches.

Sure. We've missed it. Its right here:

[quote] I planted, Apollos watered, bu ...[text shortened]... th. And the growth of God in all the members is the building up of the practical church in Corinth."
    Some people only see the church building and miss God to their destruction.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree