1. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 02:311 edit
    Interesting speech by Paul.

Acts 17:22-33
    [22]Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
    [23]For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
    [24]God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
    [25]Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
    [26]And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
    [27]That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
    [28]For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
    [29]Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
    [30]And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
    [31]Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
    [32]And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.
    [33]So Paul departed from among them.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 02:34
    @rajk999 said
    Acts 17:22-33
    [22]Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
    [23]For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
    [24]God that made the world and all things therein, seei ...[text shortened]... ked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.
    [33]So Paul departed from among them.
    And?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 02:36
    Some important points made.
    One blood of all people.
    God needs nothing from man
    God requires repentance
    All men will face judgement
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 03:46
    😴
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 04:27
    @rajk999 said
    Some important points made.
    One blood of all people.
    God needs nothing from man
    God requires repentance
    All men will face judgement
    <<God needs nothing from man>>

I thought your doctrine says He needs good works and keeping the commandments.

🤔
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 10:43
    @pb1022 said
    <<God needs nothing from man>>

I thought your doctrine says He needs good works and keeping the commandments.

🤔
    Paul is addressing idol worshippers who have a building or place created by man where they have placed God. This is no different to what Christian churches have done with their fancy churches, with pictures of Jesus Christ on the walls, or statues of Mary or other Christian Saints.

The point - God does not dwell in temples made with hands.

There is no difference to God between people, religions, nations, or races. God is no respecter of persons and all people will face the same judgment

God requires repentance. this means the avoidance of sin from all people, and also doing good works. The Christian notion that they are pre-emptively forgiven for all sin is false.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 12:45
    @rajk999 said
    There is no difference to God between people, religions, nations, or races. God is no respecter of persons and all people will face the same judgment
    Part of what you're saying is true, but part of it is false.

#1 - God says He's no respecter of persons. The context from which that idea is draw is with regards to the fact that God doesn't love or care for one person above another.

But when one receives God's forgiveness, when they confess and repent, God makes them part of the family of God. In that sense they are different from the rest of humanity.

#2 - Not all will face the same judgment. The saved will be judged at the Bema seat of Christ for things done in the body whether good or bad, and receive reward or suffer loss of reward. It is not a judgment for sin.

The "dead" will be raised to stand before the great white throne of God at the end of the millennium and be judged according to their works, and cast into the lake of fire.

That's not your "church doctrine", that is what the Bible says.

I'll wait and see what you have to say about that before I waste my time addressing the rest of your erroneous blabberings.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 14:28
    @josephw said
    Part of what you're saying is true, but part of it is false.

#1 - God says He's no respecter of persons. The context from which that idea is draw is with regards to the fact that God doesn't love or care for one person above another.

But when one receives God's forgiveness, when they confess and repent, God makes them part of the family of God. In that sense they are di ...[text shortened]... you have to say about that before I waste my time addressing the rest of your erroneous blabberings.
    Before I waste my time ... addressing the rest of your erroneous blabberings.... Christians can sin and escape punishment according to you.

If not then explain what this means ... It is not a judgment for sin.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 20:04
    @rajk999 said
    Before I waste my time ... addressing the rest of your erroneous blabberings.... Christians can sin and escape punishment according to you.

If not then explain what this means ... It is not a judgment for sin.
    What do you think Jesus Christ died for?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree