1. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 22:171 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Well I see them as clear as day with your return comment. Must upset you that they all apply to you and Dive perfectly. Or maybe they don't upset you. You probably love being that way....
    Here is a good one from your list:
    Ecclesiastes 2:14 The wise one has his eyes in his head; but the stupid one is walking in darkness. I have also come to realize that there is one outcome that befalls all of them.

Would you say that JWs have eyes in his head after the hundreds of false prophecies on the return of Christ. NO .. they are blind prophets and the followers are stupid people to follow after false prophets.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 22:27
    @rajk999 said
    Here is a good one from your list:
    Ecclesiastes 2:14 The wise one has his eyes in his head; but the stupid one is walking in darkness. I have also come to realize that there is one outcome that befalls all of them.

Would you say that JWs have eyes in his head after the hundreds of false prophecies on the return of Christ. NO .. they are blind prophets and the followers are stupid people to follow after false prophets.
    No I'm not going to play this game with you.
    I've known thousands of Christians and even so called Christians in my life of all denominations, but sir you are not even close to being even the worst of them.
    You can still post comments to me, about me or whatever makes you giggle. But this is my last comment to you. You are truly an apostate to the max degree.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 23:311 edit
    @galveston75 said
    I've known thousands of Christians and even so called Christians in my life of all denominations, but sir you are not even close to being even the worst of them.
    You can still post comments to me, about me or whatever makes you giggle. But this is my last comment to you. You are truly an apostate to the max degree.
    Of course. The truth is not what you want. Here is what the Bible says about false prophets: Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (1 John 4:1 KJV)

The Watchtower has proclaimed that they are Gods chosen organisation. That people MUST be part of this orgainsation in order to be in the Kingdom of God. That God speaks to them directly. Yet they produce false prophesies by the hundreds. In fact according to the Law of Moses you people would be executed

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 - But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

You should be thankful that you live in times where people tolerate your stupidity and ignorance.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 04:46
    @galveston75 said
    I've known thousands of Christians and even so called Christians in my life of all denominations
    “Thousands”... really?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 04:491 edit
    @galveston75 said
    So Rajk999 is “evil” he’s an “apostate to the max degree” and yet he’s “not even close” to being the worst of the alleged “thousands of Christians” who you claim to have “known”.

You must have known some terrible Christians.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 04:50
    @galveston75 said
    You are truly an apostate to the max degree.
    How many degrees of apostasy are there in your opinion?
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 17:331 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Hum. Don't know if it's a voice one hears, nothing really like that is said in the Bible when God either directly or in directly by angels, spoke to them. I think that's why we have the bible now because just about any answers we need now are there. But we still pray to him and things usually work out one way or another.
    And yes it is very hard at times to spread his w ...[text shortened]... g for that knowledge and a relationship with Jehovah and his son Jesus. I have seen that happen.....
    Sure, we have the Bible now, but that, too came from men. It may have been based loosely on some of the real words of men like Jesus, but it was spread by word of mouth for decades after those words were originally spoken, then copied by hand (which, for a book that large, inevitably caused changes in EVERY copy made).

There were not Bibles that were the same word-for-word until the invention of the Printing Press in the 1400s.

What we have today are words that some think might be God's wisdom, but there is no way to be sure.

Apocalyptic warnings need an update from the source if we are to be sure they're from God.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 18:51
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Sure, we have the Bible now, but that, too came from men. It may have been based loosely on some of the real words of men like Jesus, but it was spread by word of mouth for decades after those words were originally spoken, then copied by hand (which, for a book that large, inevitably caused changes in EVERY copy made).

There were not Bibles that were the same word-f ...[text shortened]... sure.

Apocalyptic warnings need an update from the source if we are to be sure they're from God.
    Not necessarily so.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20150401/john-rylands-papyrus-52/

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-june-2019/ancient-scroll-unwrapped/

One needs to remember that this is God's book to humans. No doubt he has watched and made sure it was kept as original as possible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree