1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 13:372 edits
    @josephw said
    I've decided, after reading and laughing, that I'd rather remain confused than try and cipher out the meaning and purpose of this thread.

Too much cryptographic mud slinging.
    Let me summarise for you.

-KellyJay says he likes Jordan Peterson
    - Suzianne immediately finds herself a few degrees bent out of shape, probably due to the fact that Peterson is a promoter of the positive male psyche in the contemporary world, and complained that the video clip appeared a bit doom and gloomy
    - KellyJayy pointed out that she was missing the point; which she ostensibly was as she just rocked up to say something negative about “Jordan Peterson” but was too lazy to look into the message itself.
    - Suzianne then plays the victim card, accusing KellyJay (completely unfairly of course) of sexism.

Nothing else is of interest.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 14:18
    @divegeester said
    Let me summarise for you.

-KellyJay says he likes Jordan Peterson
    - Suzianne immediately finds herself a few degrees bent out of shape, probably due to the fact that Peterson is a promoter of the positive male psyche in the contemporary world, and complained that the video clip appeared a bit doom and gloomy
    - KellyJayy pointed out that she was missing the point; wh ...[text shortened]... m card, accusing KellyJay (completely unfairly of course) of sexism.

Nothing else is of interest.
    Oh, I get it. It's a drama. Somebody says something another is offended about and feelings get hurt and people hold grudges and then the whole thing starts over again in a new thread.

Better than watching television.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 14:30
    @josephw said
    Oh, I get it. It's a drama. Somebody says something another is offended about and feelings get hurt and people hold grudges and then the whole thing starts over again in a new thread.

It’s part of what makes visiting here worthwhile!
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 15:41
    @kevin-eleven said
    It's unlikely that @Suzianne would ever miss the point. I also imagine that she is always aware of the surrounds. Are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkN_qkN5JLQ
    Not always, do you think you are?
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 23:56
    @josephw said

It's a microcosm of life on speed...There are more grudges held here per head of population than on the Israeli - Palestine border. Friendships are made, (I've made a couple which are for life) , and even this can offend other people; people even evict other people from clubs for befriending 'the wrong people' . As far as I know nobody's fallen in love yet, although I'm prepared to be corrected on this.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 00:40
    @indonesia-phil said
    It's a microcosm of life on speed...There are more grudges held here per head of population than on the Israeli - Palestine border. Friendships are made, (I've made a couple which are for life) , and even this can offend other people; people even evict other people from clubs for befriending 'the wrong people' . As far as I know nobody's fallen in love yet, although I'm prepared to be corrected on this.
    We are left with only offenses, grudges, and no hope of recovering anything other than hate and discontentment in a world without grace.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 00:46
    @indonesia-phil said
    Friendships are made, and even this can offend other people; people even evict other people from clubs for befriending 'the wrong people'
    While other people can tell a poster they “are surprised they haven’t be knifed or shot” or even accuse another of trying to get another poster to commit suicide… and they get invited back into said clubs they’ve been booted from for being too annoying.

It’s a strange set of ethics.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 00:47
    @kellyjay said
    We are left with only offenses, grudges, and no hope of recovering anything other than hate and discontentment in a world without grace.
    When you say “we” I presume you are referring you just yourself?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 00:56
    @kellyjay said
    In that video clip, Jordan Peterson was pitching himself at people with your mindset with regard to "no hope" and "hate" and "discontentment" etc. etc.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:43
    @divegeester said
    When you say “we” I presume you are referring you just yourself?
    I would have used the words "I" or "me" had been referring to just myself.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 01:56
    @fmf said
    In that video clip, Jordan Peterson was pitching himself at people with your mindset with regard to "no hope" and "hate" and "discontentment" etc. etc.
    In this world, we will have tribulation; as a Christian, my hope is in Christ because he overcame the world. Things that are not good will inevitably happen around us or to us, but these things are still common to man. As we deal with them and each other can cause us to become embittered, hateful no different than when someone willfully harms us or someone we love. Questioning his motivation isn't dealing with what he was saying, but that happens a lot here, with not just you, but with us (including me), and I think that robs us of looking at things as we should when we look at the person over the things being said.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 02:051 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Questioning his motivation isn't dealing with what he was saying
    But I have dealt with what he was saying.

His message [and his messages generally speaking about "God"] are for misery-guts, defeatist, misanthropic rightwing Christians.

I have also said that if belief in a God figure gives a person a sense of structure and meaning in life ~ in the face of the tribulations Peterson talks about ~ I don't see any harm in it.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 08:35
    @kellyjay said
    I would have used the words "I" or "me" had been referring to just myself.
    So when you posted:

”We are left with only offenses, grudges, and no hope of recovering anything other than hate and discontentment in a world without grace.”

You were presuming to speak for all of us here?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 14:00
    Jordan Peterson: Jesus is "too terrifying a reality to fully believe"

YouTube

Love him or loathe him, or something in between, he is an interesting and provocative figure.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 15:51
    @fmf said
    Jordan Peterson: Jesus is "too terrifying a reality to fully believe"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZvjZoqhiuw

Love him or loathe him, or something in between, he is an interesting and provocative figure.
    He certainly knows his audience.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree