1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '20 14:23
    Republicans: our opponents should know that our candidate's faith and spiritual beliefs are off limits; let's leave religion out of the political debate.

Same Republicans: the faith and spiritual beliefs of our opponents' candidate are fair game; it's ok for his religion to be part of the political debate.
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    11 Dec '20 14:44
    There was an uproar over Kennedy being a Catholic. I remember my father complaining that, as President, Kennedy would take orders from the Pope! At least we have made some progress.
    🙄

Biden seems to be a man of faith in a quiet, but solid way. I don't believe that Trump has any religious feelings except for a public show to get votes.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    11 Dec '20 15:31
    @montymoose said
    There was an uproar over Kennedy being a Catholic. I remember my father complaining that, as President, Kennedy would take orders from the Pope! At least we have made some progress.
    🙄

Biden seems to be a man of faith in a quiet, but solid way. I don't believe that Trump has any religious feelings except for a public show to get votes.
    Portraying Trump as a Christian is an advertisement for atheism .
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Dec '20 00:09
    @fmf said
    Republicans: our opponents should know that our candidate's faith and spiritual beliefs are off limits; let's leave religion out of the political debate.

Same Republicans: the faith and spiritual beliefs of our opponents' candidate are fair game; it's ok for his religion to be part of the political debate.
    Politicians: for me, Standard A applies.

Also Politicians: everyone else is blatantly violating Standard B!
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Dec '20 09:57
    @montymoose said
    🙄

A life of hard times and/or indescribable loss can either push one away from God, or bring one closer to God. It all depends on one's own belief and personality and there doesn't seem to be any precursors to know how it will affect any specific person.

I think Biden's losses, first his wife and daughter, and then his son, have brought him closer to God, and I think this has given him strength to not only carry on, but to succeed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree