1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Mar '20 01:01
    Can a judge show mercy to the guilty calling them innocent with some and then condemn others for the same thing, and be a just judge? If mercy trumps the law, doesn't that make all of the laws meaningless? Justice demands every crime should be handled under the law righteously, and all provisions that can condemn and acquit be appropriately done too.

God's mercy and justice for us are at the cross at the same time, and like the days of Moses for the staff and the snakes, one must receive mercy by accepting the grace offered.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '20 05:01
    @kellyjay said
    If mercy trumps the law, doesn't that make all of the laws meaningless?
    “Mercy triumphs over judgment.
    James 2:13

You don’t know your bible and you are regurgitating stuff you have been taught over decades. You are have been taught the stuff in your post and it is wrong.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '20 05:02
    @kellyjay said
    Justice demands every crime should be handled under the law righteously, and all provisions that can condemn and acquit be appropriately done too.
    Says who?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '20 05:41
    @kellyjay said
    Can a judge show mercy to the guilty calling them innocent with some and then condemn others for the same thing, and be a just judge? If mercy trumps the law, doesn't that make all of the laws meaningless? Justice demands every crime should be handled under the law righteously, and all provisions that can condemn and acquit be appropriately done too.

God's mercy and justi ...[text shortened]... e days of Moses for the staff and the snakes, one must receive mercy by accepting the grace offered.
    The notion that "grace" is being "offered" by your God figure and the story whereby he basically had himself executed by the Romans for sedition ~ and this was the ONLY means of dispensing "justice" and "mercy" ~ are both not credible to me, and to most human beings, for that matter. Argumentum ad populum, you say?

Not really. If there were a creator being who really wanted to communicate with humans, a more believable and coherent "revelation" would surely have been used and the propagation of the "news" would surely have been something more coherent and credible than the rote-learned dogma that people of your calibre peddle but never seem able or willing to explain.

And then, there you are, trying to issue your grim threats about "Hell" and torture in order to ram home, psychologically speaking, your personal opinions about the universe. It's laughable.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '20 12:52
    @kellyjay said

God's mercy and justi ...[text shortened]... e days of Moses for the staff and the snakes, one must receive mercy by accepting the grace offered.
    5 thumbs down.

Myself, (not FMF who rarely does) and four others. So very likely some of the other Christians in this forum who silently object to the likes of yourself and sonship bringing the name and gospel of the Lord into disrepute through your insistent adherence to the torture ideology which you have been taught.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '20 23:56
    @divegeester said
    5 thumbs down.

Myself, (not FMF who rarely does) and four others.
    No, not me. Unless someone is asking for thumbs down as part of a survey of some kind, I don't partake.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 02:57
    @kellyjay said

Galatians 5
    Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
    If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 04:29
    @kellyjay said
    Galatians 5
    Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    According to your beliefs, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and all the other non-Christians "will not inherit the kingdom of God" either, right?

And even if Jews, Muslims, Hindus and any the other non-Christians DO live lives of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control and DO NOT indulge in sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies etc. etc., they "will not inherit the kingdom of God", right?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '20 05:021 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Galatians 5
    Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is lov ...[text shortened]... ep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
    This is the type of post you usually trot out when you have made a big mistake as you have in your OP.

Dump some condemnatory scripture with which you are actually just huffily inferring a insult at your detractors and then pout a lot, as you are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree