1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 05:17
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/22/cult-leader-vissarion-reincarnation-jesus-arrested-siberia-russia

Persecution or justice?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 09:311 edit
    @divegeester said
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/22/cult-leader-vissarion-reincarnation-jesus-arrested-siberia-russia

Persecution or justice?
    "Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Behold, I have told you before.

Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." -- Matthew 24:23-27, KJV

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." -- Revelation 1:7, KJV
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 12:09
    @suzianne said
    "Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: beho ...[text shortened]... him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." -- Revelation 1:7, KJV
    Agreed.

That... and he looks more like a Rasputin than a Christ.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 22:35
    @suzianne said

Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: beho ...[text shortened]... him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." -- Revelation 1:7, KJV
    So justice then?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Sep '20 07:07
    @divegeester said
    So justice then?
    Not necessarily, he could be a con man, or he could be someone wanting to help people. I can't look into his soul. But he's definitely not Jesus, the Christ.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '20 10:54
    @suzianne said
    Not necessarily, he could be a con man, or he could be someone wanting to help people. I can't look into his soul. But he's definitely not Jesus, the Christ.
    I would not have thought that pretending to be Jesus Christ was an offence.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Sep '20 02:32
    @divegeester said
    In some countries claiming to be the prophet Mohammed could be an offense.
  8. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    28 Sep '20 02:44
    @divegeester said

Persecution or justice?
    from my reading of the article, he wasn't arrested for claiming to be jesus or vissarion or djtrump

"Russia’s investigative committee said it would charge him with organising an illegal religious organisation, alleging that the cult extorted money from followers and subjected them to emotional abuse."

the reporting makes it sound like fraud, not blasphemy
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '20 06:25
    @vivify said
    In some countries claiming to be the prophet Mohammed could be an offense.
    That’s a very interesting piece of irrelevant information.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '20 06:29
    @rookie54 said
    from my reading of the article, he wasn't arrested for claiming to be jesus or vissarion or djtrump

"Russia’s investigative committee said it would charge him with organising an illegal religious organisation, alleging that the cult extorted money from followers and subjected them to emotional abuse."

the reporting makes it sound like fraud, not blasphemy
    Well done on actually reading it. Yes, fraud.

He looks just like Jesus though, spitting image.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    28 Sep '20 08:34
    @divegeester said
    Obviously the Russian authorities think so.

“I am not God. And it is a mistake to see Jesus as God. But I am the living word of God the father. Everything that God wants to say, he says through me,”

Clearly the man is a fake. Why be offended by that? The article gave no specifics about why "Jesus" was arrested. Perhaps the Russian authorities are atheists that recognize a phony when they see one. Obviously his followers don't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree