1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 00:55
    https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101977010

A couple here have no concept of God's view on blood. If anyone else wants to learn more on God's views and commands about blood, this will explain this subject very clearly....
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 01:04
    "Halal food is that which adheres to Islamic law, as defined in the Koran. The Islamic form of slaughtering animals or poultry, dhabiha, involves killing through a cut to the jugular vein, carotid artery and windpipe. Animals must be alive and healthy at the time of slaughter and all blood is drained from the carcass." BBC website

It's another perspective on what is, supposedly, "God's view on blood".
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 01:081 edit
    @galveston75 said
    A couple here have no concept of God's view on blood.
    A "couple here"?

Surely it's more than a couple of people here who do not see it your way, right?

Which Christians here do you perceive as agreeing with your assertions about "God's view on blood" and blood transfusions?

Now that robbie carrobie and roigam are no longer posting, it's only you - I think - who believes that your God figure forbids blood transfusions.

I am willing to be corrected on this.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 01:14
    The symbolism of Jesus giving his blood by laying down his life to save humanity appears to run into somewhat of the cognitive dissonance buzz saw of doctrinaire myopia [without credible scriptural support, lest we forget] when people giving blood to save the lives of their fellow humans is condemned as "sinful".
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 01:22
    @fmf said
    It's another perspective on what is, supposedly, "God's view on blood".
    Here is an interesting answer by a Muslim to the following question on Quora: "What happens if and when a Muslim needs a blood transfusion? Does he get Muslim blood or blood from anybody?"

"Blood has no faith. Blood is blood. There is no specification in the religion regarding blood transfusion donors to a Muslim must be Muslim; Therefore, it is assumed there is no such restrictions regarding the issue."

I wonder whether there are Christians who feel they should get their blood transfusions from fellow Christians.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 06:21
    @galveston75 said

A couple here have no concept of God's view on blood. If anyone else wants to learn more on God's views and commands about blood, this will explain this subject very clearly....
    I'm fairly certain that God didn't decide this just so his church could go around shunning other humans for not falling in line.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 06:241 edit
    @galveston75 said

According to you, is the taking of blood a matter of personal choice, or a command and law from Jehovah?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 06:26
    @galveston75 said
    A couple here have no concept of God's view on blood.
    Not a “couple” of people...everyone here who is not a member of your church holds a different opinion to you on this matter.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 06:301 edit
    Some time ago I posted a link to an account in Australia of the state government intervening to prevent a Jehovah’s Witness parent endanger the life of their own child by denying them a life saving blood transfusion.

In effect the Jehovah’s Witness parents were going to permit their child to die rather than allow them to have a blood transfusion so that “Jehovah” would not be displeased.

In effect this is modern day child sacrifice.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 06:341 edit
    @suzianne said
    I'm fairly certain that God didn't decide this just so his church could go around shunning other humans for not falling in line.
    Despite Galveston75 and possibly biggdogproblem (for different reasons) getting the “forgiveness” thread deleted after Galveston75 had a meltdown and threatened to take a law suit out on FMF and myself... I can still remember much of the information related to the way @Galveston75 and @roigam in particular, treated @beauroberts in this forum.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 08:00
    @fmf said
    I wonder whether there are Christians who feel they should get their blood transfusions from fellow Christians.
    Never heard of it. And if I ever hear a Christian say such a thing I'll laugh in their face, then feel despondent over their lack of faith and maturity.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 08:48
    @secondson said
    Never heard of it. And if I ever hear a Christian say such a thing I'll laugh in their face, then feel despondent over their lack of faith and maturity.
    What is your though on the OP and the JW stance on blood and it’s implications?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 11:14
    @suzianne said
    No of course Jehovah didn't make his followers and their congregations to " just go around and shun other humans'. Why would you think this as the bible says no such thing?
    So it sounds like in your opinion that ones in the congregation that might do something wrong and would give no indication that they were not going to stop doing it and shows no remorse and would be a bad influence on the ones in the congregations, should not be disciplined or possibly removed if the elders see the need to do that to protect the congregation?
    So maybe look it up in the bible to see what Jehovah expects. The link I gave here goes into this in detail. Maybe you could get your bible out to compare what this link says in your bible?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 11:19
    @galveston75 said
    No of course Jehovah didn't make his followers and their congregations to " just go around and shun other humans'. Why would you think this as the bible says no such thing?
    So it sounds like in your opinion that ones in the congregation that might do something wrong and would give no indication that they were not going to stop doing it and shows no remorse and would be ...[text shortened]... e disciplined or possibly removed if the elders see the need to do that to protect the congregation?
    Are you pleased that beaurobert's wife is still alive?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 11:342 edits
    @galveston75 said
    So it sounds like in your opinion that ones in the congregation that might do something wrong and would give no indication that they were not going to stop doing it and shows no remorse and would be ...[text shortened]... nto this in detail. Maybe you could get your bible out to compare what this link says in your bible?
    Are you now going to do your familiar “turtle” and start avoiding answering questions about your your OP?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree