1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 03:47
    @bigdoggproblem said
    I see what you did there.
    Is that the first time for you?

I'm still trying to find a way to make Rajk look like Rat.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 03:49
    @lemondrop said
    God couldn't even get his own creations to obey him
    He was a poor programmer
    Apparently you've never tried to get someone to obey you against their will.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 10:58
    @secondson said
    You have a peculiar way of perceiving the meaning of a text.

Do you actually think God wanted the Jews to obey His commands as an act of appeasement to ward off His anger?

Shallow and twisted. I pity you for the terror you must be living with in your relationship with God.
    There is no interpretation. Moses was clear. Follow the commandments otherwise God will get angry and destroy them. Your Christian church tell you that you and God are pals, therefore you can sin all you like and God will be merciful, because you are saved.
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 13:36
    @secondson said
    Apparently you've never tried to get someone to obey you against their will.
    I'm not god
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 13:42
    @rajk999 said
    Your Christian church tell you that you and God are pals, therefore you can sin all you like and God will be merciful, because you are saved.
    You must be very stupid if you believe that's true. That is so idiotic I can't imagine there might be anything I could say to you that would make you realize you believe a lie.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 13:50
    @secondson said
    You must be very stupid if you believe that's true. That is so idiotic I can't imagine there might be anything I could say to you that would make you realize you believe a lie.
    Are you doubting now that you preach a doctrine of once saved always saved and nothing, no good works, no righteousness is required, and that all sin is forgiven?

The only stupid people are those like you who preach that garbage.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 14:16
    @lemondrop said
    I'm not god
    You said, "God couldn't even get his own creations to obey him
    He was a poor programmer".

To which I replied, "Apparently you've never tried to get someone to obey you against their will."

To that you say, "I'm not god".

You're obfuscating. Or perhaps your intellectual bias is preventing you from having a coherent exchange.

Do you know God? Do you believe God exists? Yet you presume to speak as though you do. I'm not trying to cut you but you appear as insincere and unauthentic using that line of approach in this discussion.

If the idea of God creating man in His own image and likeness, and man subsequently separating himself from the source of his life by an act of betrayal, of his own free will, is beyond acceptable to you, for whatever reasons you have, then play it straight, but please don't engage in cat and mouse word games with me. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I loathe arrogance. And if you condescend and patronize me I'll disengage.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 14:27
    @secondson said
    You said, "God couldn't even get his own creations to obey him
    He was a poor programmer".

To which I replied, "Apparently you've never tried to get someone to obey you against their will."

To that you say, "I'm not god".

You're obfuscating. Or perhaps your intellectual bias is preventing you from having a coherent exchange.

Do you know God? Do you believe God ...[text shortened]... knife in the drawer, but I loathe arrogance. And if you condescend and patronize me I'll disengage.
    Drama queen
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 09:38
    @secondson said
    What makes you think anything you believe is less stupid? Is it less stupid to believe in Santa Claus than it is to believe in the Easter Bunny?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 07:231 edit
    @kegge said
    What makes you think anything you believe is less stupid? Is it less stupid to believe in Santa Claus than it is to believe in the Easter Bunny?
    Are you really comparing thousands of years of history, of deeply held traditions passed down from generation to generation across (for example) the three main Abrahamic religions of Judaism Christianity and Islam with kiddies believing in Santa Claus or Easter bunnies?

Have you considered how these religions have permeated and enriched cultures of a contemporary 3.8 billion and countless billions of people across the centuries, how these spiritual streams have carved canyons in the geology of our global mindset, social representations and even our economic superstructures?

Or are you just going to call people “stupid” because it’s the laziest way to jizz your limited load on the internet?
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 10:51
    @divegeester said
    Are you really comparing thousands of years of history, of deeply held traditions passed down from generation to generation with kiddies believing in Santa Claus or Easter bunnies?
    Why not?
    Does a lie gain credibility if believed for millennia?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 11:33
    @wolfgang59 said
    Why not?
    Does a lie gain credibility if believed for millennia?
    Well yes, obviously it does.
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 12:57
    @divegeester said
    Are you really comparing thousands of years of history, of deeply held traditions passed down from generation to generation across (for example) the three main Abrahamic religions of Judaism Christianity and Islam with kiddies believing in Santa Claus or Easter bunnies?

Have you considered how these religions have permeated and enriched cultures of a contemporary 3.8 b ...[text shortened]... oing to call people “stupid” because it’s the laziest way to jizz your limited load on the internet?
    Look up what the origins of Santa clause and the earster bunny are, you ignorant pile of sh_it..
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 13:06
    @kegge said
    Look up what the origins of Santa clause and the earster bunny are, you ignorant pile of sh_it..
    Dear me, you seem upset.

Sure, I’ll do all your Mickey Mouse research for you 🙄
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Aug '20 04:46
    @divegeester said
    Well yes, obviously it does.
    Not obvious to me.

Care to explain?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree