1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 08:10
    @divegeester said
    Why behave like Very Rusty when you have the ability to contribute? Sober up.

Who’s the jackass!
    Please take it to your private place where you contemplate The Manifold, The Gracious, The Multifluorescent, The Unnoticed, The Grand, and other Names besides.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 10:10
    @kevin-eleven said
    Please take it to your private place where you contemplate The Manifold, The Gracious, The Multifluorescent, The Unnoticed, The Grand, and other Names besides.
    Oh wow ... you are so deep Caesar Salad.

Let me sit at your feet and let the word salad pour over me.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 10:481 edit
    @bigdoggproblem said

* I believe that moral perfection is unattainable. A more realistic goal is: be the best version of yourself. Learn from your mistakes, without beating yourself up too much.
    Moral perfection is possible and Jesus defined what it was but does not expect everyone to aim that high. Jesus is satisfied with an attitude like that of the Good Samaritan, which is what you seem to be suggesting here. As long as your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees you are home free. These people were talkers [God hates talkers], but doers will be justified by God.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 17:33
    @bigdoggproblem said
    ...I just don't believe there are any gods.

Why should I define myself, or label myself, based on a lack of belief? That doesn't tell you much about my outlook on things.

I should probably start by stating some positive beliefs I hold. Then you lot are free to guess at what label may apply.

* I believe that moral perfection is unattainable. A more reali ...[text shortened]... is: be the best version of yourself. Learn from your mistakes, without beating yourself up too much.
    "I don't have a word for not believing in pixies."

-- Jonathan Miller
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 17:42
    @moonbus

Unpixelated? 🤓
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    19 Apr '21 03:27
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Your best effort is good enough.
    It has to be.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Apr '21 14:49

Removed by poster

8. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 20:34
    @fmf
    I think most Christians probably see life's "realistic goal" [in terms of moral perfection] the same way. However, while they see themselves as forgiven for falling short in return for believing what they do, most of them believe that you will be punished by their God figure for not believing the same things as they do.
    However, while they see themselves as forgiven for falling short in return for believing.

I feel forgiven when I feel in my heart that I’m truly repentant for what I’m asking Gods forgiveness for. I also pray that God grant me the strength, knowledge and wisdom to overcome whatever it is. I also pray for God to walk with me and to light my path.

most of them believe that you will be punished by their God figure for not believing the same things as they do.

I know you don’t have a clue what most Christians think. I’m not sure what you label yourself, but that’s somewhat like me saying all ___ wear funny glasses based on me only knowing you. Do you think that would be fair of me since most ___ probably don’t like wearing funny glasses and I don’t have a clue.

What I feel for others in this case is first no judgement were all human. Then pray for the situation and is there anything that I or someone I know can help.

I hope this helps you have a better idea what your trying to talk about.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 02:06
    @mike69 said
    I know you don’t have a clue what most Christians think. I’m not sure what you label yourself, but that’s somewhat like me saying all ___ wear funny glasses based on me only knowing you. Do you think that would be fair of me since most ___ probably don’t like wearing funny glasses and I don’t have a clue.
    I'm not sure what your rather feeble facetiousness is in aid of. People wearing "funny glasses"?

As it happens, I have a pretty good grasp of what a whole range of heterogenous self-identifying Christians think and believe.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 02:081 edit
    @mike69 said
    I feel forgiven when I feel in my heart that I’m truly repentant for what I’m asking Gods forgiveness for. I also pray that God grant me the strength, knowledge and wisdom to overcome whatever it is. I also pray for God to walk with me and to light my path.
    Do you believe I will be punished in some way by your God figure for not believing in Him?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree