1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 23:23
    What do Christians believe that Christian homosexuals should and shouldn't do, and what they should and shouldn't feel?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 23:26
    @fmf said
    What do Christians believe that Christian homosexuals should and shouldn't do, and what they should and shouldn't feel?
    Well they definitely shouldn’t be executed and definitely for a better reason than the executioners “not casting the first stone” as fetchmybecker proposed.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '19 23:281 edit
    Is abstinence the only issue or 'solution'? What about attraction and just the orientation itself ~ is that considered "sinful"?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 02:12
    @fmf said
    Is abstinence the only issue or 'solution'? What about attraction and just the orientation itself ~ is that considered "sinful"?
    What does God say in the Bible about ones who "practice" homosexuality? Notice clearly the bible say not to "practice". That is the way a Christian should view this subject. God has not changed his view on that no matter what some churches or society says.
    So if you two want to discuss this, that is fine. If you're going to pull your usual crap, I'll not be responding at all.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 02:20
    @galveston75 said
    So if you two want to discuss this, that is fine. If you're going to pull your usual crap, I'll not be responding at all.
    Are non-practising homosexual JWs open about it at their Kingdom Halls and encouraged to be open about it?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 02:21
    @galveston75 said
    What does God say in the Bible about ones who "practice" homosexuality? Notice clearly the bible say not to "practice". That is the way a Christian should view this subject.
    What about the attraction that results from the same-sex orientation ~ is that considered "sinful"?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 02:36
    @fmf said
    Are non-practising homosexual JWs open about it at their Kingdom Halls and encouraged to be open about it?
    All I can say is from my experience with a brother about my mom's age that clearly had that orientation. He was a very faithful servant of Jehovah until he died of old age. He never pursued that direction because he clearly understood God's commands on not "practicing" that sin. I'm sure it was very difficult for him and I admired his stand to stay faithful until he died.
    What do you mean was he open about it? If you mean by flirting with other brothers, no not ever nor the telling of others of this in public that I ever heard.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 02:41
    @fmf said
    What about the attraction that results from the same-sex orientation ~ is that considered "sinful"?
    I answered that with what the command says in the Bible. Do not "practice" homosexuality. If one is attracted to another of the same sex, they should never admit that to another because of the seed of temptation it would plant.
    What do you think they should do in God's eyes?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 03:221 edit
    @galveston75 said
    If one is attracted to another of the same sex, they should never admit that to another because of the seed of temptation it would plant.
    Admitting to being homosexual [to somebody] is "sinful"?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 03:26
    @galveston75 said

What do you mean was he open about it?
    Not "he". "They" [homosexuals]. Being open means being candid and not secretive about one's sexual orientation.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 03:28
    @fmf said
    Galveston75, so I take it your answer to this is "no", right?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 03:36
    @fmf said
    Galveston75, so I take it your answer to this is "no", right?
    No....
    Understand this:
    Colossians 3:5
    5 Deaden, therefore, your body members that are on the earth as respects sexual immorality, uncleanness, uncontrolled sexual passion, hurtful desire, and greediness, which is idolatry.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 04:04
    @galveston75 said
    No....
    Do you mean "no", i.e. your answer is not "no"?

Or, "no", non-practising homosexual JWs are not open about it at their Kingdom Halls and not encouraged to be open about it?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 04:181 edit
    @fmf said
    Gay Christian presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg to Christian Vice President Mike Pence: 'If you got a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me - your quarrel, sir, is with my creator'

He acknowledged the historic implications of his candidacy and what it could mean for the LGBTQ community at large, including the possibility of the very first same-sex couple in the White House.

"You could either be openly gay or run for office, but not both," Buttigieg recalled of his early days in politics. But he said he was uncomfortable with the idea of coming to terms with his sexuality as a young man, saying he "would have done anything to not be gay, when I started to half way realize what it meant that I felt the way I did," comparing it to a war inside himself.

"If you had offered me a pill to make me straight, I would have swallowed it before I could get a sip of water," he said. ~ CBS

"If me being gay was a choice, it was a choice that was made far, far above my pay grade," Buttigieg said. "And that's the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand. That if you got a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me -- your quarrel, sir, is with my creator."

Buttigieg's comments came hours after he made critical comments about evangelical voters' support of President Donald Trump during an appearance on "Meet The Press."

"It's something that really frustrates me because the hypocrisy is unbelievable," Buttigieg said. "Here you have somebody who not only acts in a way that is not consistent with anything that I hear in scripture in church." ~ CNN

Interesting.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Apr '19 04:22
    @fmf said
    I'm so glad someone had the courage to start a discussion on homosexuality on this forum. We never talk about it here.

Maybe, God willing, someone will be brave enough to bring up abortion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree