1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 06:13
    To what extent would you agree or disagree with the following quotes on resurrection Sunday?

Outside of the cross of Jesus Christ, there is no hope in this world. That cross and resurrection at the core of the Gospel is the only hope for humanity. Wherever you go, ask God for wisdom on how to get that Gospel in, even in the toughest situations of life.
    - Ravi Zacharias

No matter how devastating our struggles, disappointments, and troubles are, they are only temporary. No matter what happens to you, no matter the depth of tragedy or pain you face, no matter how death stalks you and your loved ones, the Resurrection promises you a future of immeasurable good.
    -Josh McDowell

Here is the amazing thing about Easter; the Resurrection Sunday for Christians is this, that Christ in the dying moments on the cross gives us the greatest illustration of forgiveness possible.
    -T. D. Jakes

The best news of the Christian gospel is that the supremely glorious Creator of the universe has acted in Jesus Christ's death and resurrection to remove every obstacle between us and himself so that we may find everlasting joy in seeing and savoring his infinite beauty.
    -John Piper

The Resurrection is at the core of our beliefs as Christians. Without it, our faith is meaningless.
    -Joseph B.

As a pastor in a Protestant church, my whole ministry centers on the conviction that by grace we are saved through faith. And it's not our faith that delivers us, as if believing something, anything at all were pleasing to God. It's the object of our faith - Christ's life, death, and resurrection - that saves us.
    -Kevin DeYoung
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 09:35
    @dj2becker said
    To what extent would you agree or disagree with the following quotes on resurrection Sunday?

Outside of the cross of Jesus Christ, there is no hope in this world. That cross and resurrection at the core of the Gospel is the only hope for humanity. Wherever you go, ask God for wisdom on how to get that Gospel in, even in the toughest situations of life.
    - Ravi Zacharias ...[text shortened]... s the object of our faith - Christ's life, death, and resurrection - that saves us.
    -Kevin DeYoung
    Amen!
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 10:162 edits
    @dj2becker said
    Outside of the cross of Jesus Christ, there is no hope in this world. That cross and resurrection at the core of the Gospel is the only hope for humanity. Wherever you go, ask God for wisdom on how to get that Gospel in, even in the toughest situations of life. - Ravi Zacharias
    While it is true that the death and resurrection of Christ saved the whole world from the curse of the sin of Adam [and from their own sins as well up to a point], it is interesting that Jesus preached no such thing.

No matter how devastating our struggles, disappointments, and troubles are, they are only temporary. No matter what happens to you, no matter the depth of tragedy or pain you face, no matter how death stalks you and your loved ones, the Resurrection promises you a future of immeasurable good. -Josh McDowell
    Wrong, the resurrection of Christ promises the faithful who follow Christ a new start and a new life with Christ

Here is the amazing thing about Easter; the Resurrection Sunday for Christians is this, that Christ in the dying moments on the cross gives us the greatest illustration of forgiveness possible. -T. D. Jakes
    Nonsense - that is not the greatest illustration of forgiveness possible. These people genuinely did not know that Christ was the Son of God, hence it is easy to forgive the ignorant who unknowingly sin. The Jews were simply enforcing the Law of Moses regarding blasphemy. Had they truly known it was the Son of God they would not have messed with him. The greatest illustration of forgiveness is Christ forgiving sin committed with full knowledge of ones actions.

The best news of the Christian gospel is that the supremely glorious Creator of the universe has acted in Jesus Christ's death and resurrection to remove every obstacle between us and himself so that we may find everlasting joy in seeing and savoring his infinite beauty. -John Piper
    Good grief, nonsense again - God did not remove every obstacle. God removed the one obstacle created by Satan tempting Adam and Eve, that of original sin. God gave followers heads up on what is right and wrong in the form of the teachings of Christ, and the Holy Spirit as a guide. Continued sin will be punished, and this is a real obstacle to many Christians.

The Resurrection is at the core of our beliefs as Christians. Without it, our faith is meaningless. -Joseph B.
    No such doctrine from the teachings of Christ - resurrection might be at the core of the teachings of Christian but you will find no such doctrine from Christ. In fact the disciples knew precious little of Christ death and resurrection. They did not believe that Christ would die neither raised

As a pastor in a Protestant church, my whole ministry centers on the conviction that by grace we are saved through faith. And it's not our faith that delivers us, as if believing something, anything at all were pleasing to God. It's the object of our faith - Christ's life, death, and resurrection - that saves us. -Kevin DeYoung
    This pastor is going straight to hell for misleading people and preaching stuff that Jesus did not preach Grace justifies and saves because it is by the grace of God that Jesus was sent to die for the sins of the world. Paul explains this in great detail. After accepting Christ, one is justified and saved from their past sins. Thereafter if a professed believer continues to sin then there are consequences, eg loss of rewards or even damnation for those who defile the body of Christ. Christ will be the judge of this. Paul warns Christians of these consequences over and over.

This thread in a nutshell demonstrates the false doctrines rampant in the Christian churches, and how far removed they are from Christ and the Apostles teachings.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 13:42
    @rajk999 said
    Outside of the cross of Jesus Christ, there is no hope in this world. That cross and resurrection at the core of the Gospel is the only hope for humanity. Wherever you go, ask God for wisdom on how to get that Gospel in, even in the toughest situations of life. - Ravi Zacharias
    [i]While it is true that the death and resurrection of Christ saved the whole world from the curs ...[text shortened]... in the Christian churches, and how far removed they are from Christ and the Apostles teachings.[/b]
    Do you believe your view and interpretation of the scriptures is the only correct one?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 13:50
    @dj2becker said
    Do you believe your view and interpretation of the scriptures is the only correct one?
    Do you believe that one day something of value that people can read will come out of your mouth?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 14:44
    @rajk999 said
    Do you believe that one day something of value that people can read will come out of your mouth?
    Thought so.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 14:54
    @dj2becker said
    Thought so.
    Says the lazy imbecile who can not once carry on a reasonable discussion in support of his doctrine, but rather piggyback on others. Take example from me .. I provide references for what I believe and state my case simply and clearly without going into long diatribes like some of you jokers.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 15:55
    @dj2becker said
    Thought so.
    We've always had colorful comments from the "Only True Christian" here at RHP but he's in his full glory now with his condemnation of us all!!!
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 16:06
    @galveston75 said
    We've always had colorful comments from the "Only True Christian" here at RHP but he's in his full glory now with his condemnation of us all!!!
    I am not a Christian in the sense you mean. There are many like myself who despise churches and organised religion and instead profess to know and understand Christ through His teachings and commandments.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 18:16
    @rajk999 said
    Says the lazy imbecile who can not once carry on a reasonable discussion in support of his doctrine, but rather piggyback on others. Take example from me .. I provide references for what I believe and state my case simply and clearly without going into long diatribes like some of you jokers.
    Whenever I or anyone else posts any scriptures to support what we believe you simply brush past it, ignore it and continue with your rants and insults.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 18:56
    @dj2becker said
    Whenever I or anyone else posts any scriptures to support what we believe you simply brush past it, ignore it and continue with your rants and insults.
    Thats because you are a poor communicator. I told you before to get a discussion going you do the following:
    - post your point or doctrine
    - give a reference or two
    - say how the reference supports your opinion or doctrine

What you and others do is
    - post cut and pasters
    - post links
    - post 10 unrelated references
    - refuse to say how these references support your point.

You post a pile of nonsensical fluff.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 09:44
    @rajk999 said
    Thats because you are a poor communicator. I told you before to get a discussion going you do the following:
    - post your point or doctrine
    - give a reference or two
    - say how the reference supports your opinion or doctrine

What you and others do is
    - post cut and pasters
    - post links
    - post 10 unrelated references
    - refuse to say how these references support your point.

You post a pile of nonsensical fluff.
    And yet you didn’t post any verses to support your critique of the OP.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 12:31
    @dj2becker said
    And yet you didn’t post any verses to support your critique of the OP.
    The opening post had no verses. Post your support of one of the items in the opening post with a reference and I will respond likewise.

Got it?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 14:391 edit
    @rajk999 said
    The opening post had no verses. Post your support of one of the items in the opening post with a reference and I will respond likewise.

Got it?
    The OP is regarding quotes about resurrection Sunday. The quotes are referenced according to their authors. Simply saying they are nonsense doesn’t help much. Can you say why they are nonsense using scripture to support your claims?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 14:53
    @dj2becker said
    The OP is regarding quotes about resurrection Sunday. The quotes are referenced according to their authors. Simply saying they are nonsense doesn’t help much. Can you say why they are nonsense using scripture to support your claims?
    I gave a reasoned explanation already. Could you state why your quotes are not nonsense using scripture to support your claims? Simply posting them does not help much.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree