Perfect! Absolutely.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 16:001 edit
    @vivify said
    The Republican Jesus:

[youtube GOP Jesus]SZ2L-R8NgrA[/youtube]
    Most of these were spot on, though a few could have been better thought out.

It illustrates one of the major weaknesses in Christianity: Though they have core tenets in common, many Christians don't believe in (follow) Jesus and don't believe in His gospel.
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 16:04
    Very nice!

Expect some fetid responses from the extremists. They always scream loudest when the truth hurts most.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 16:08
    @wolfe63 said
    Very nice!

Expect some fetid responses from the extremists. They always scream loudest when the truth hurts most.
    More likely they'll say nothing at all. It's easier for them to keep up their self-delusion of being followers of Jesus that way.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 20:551 edit
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 23:33
    @thinkofone said
    Most of these were spot on, though a few could have been better thought out.

It illustrates one of the major weaknesses in Christianity: Though they have core tenets in common, many Christians don't believe in (follow) Jesus and don't believe in His gospel.
    No.

Christianity doesn't have 'weakness'. It's just some of the people do.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 23:364 edits
    @suzianne said
    No.

I might be able to buy that if it were a small percentage that have everything SO backward. However it's a sizable percentage if not a majority - at least here in the US. There has to be something fundamentally wrong for that to happen. You can keep denying it, but seriously...
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 23:46
    @thinkofone said
    I might be able to buy that if it were a small percentage that have everything SO backward. However it's a sizable percentage if not a majority - at least here in the US. There has to be something fundamentally wrong for that to happen. You can keep denying it, but seriously...
    There is nothing wrong with Christianity.

The problem lies with those who mangle it into service for themselves instead of service for others. Even if this means a majority of active participants. Judgement will weed out those not worthy. It's not my place.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 23:58
    @suzianne said
    And Scotsmen don't wear underpants under their kilts.

Christianity doesn't have 'weakness'.

I'd say the morally incoherent concept of people being tortured for eternity for their lack of belief is a weakness of the ideology. Moral incoherence is a weakness.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 00:072 edits
    @suzianne said
    There is nothing wrong with Christianity.

The problem lies with those who mangle it into service for themselves instead of service for others. Even if this means a majority of active participants. Judgement will weed out those not worthy. It's not my place.
    Unfortunately Christianity does not have the words of Jesus as its foundation. Rather Christianity has the words of Paul and others as its foundation - it's a foundation of sand so "the fall is great".

Matthew 7
    24“Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25“And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. 26“Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27“The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”

John 8
    31...“If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine...

If Christianity had the words of Jesus as its foundation, it would only be a very small minority that have everything SO backward - if one at all.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 10:13
    @fmf said
    And Scotsmen don't wear underpants under their kilts.

Christianity doesn't have 'weakness'.

I'd say the morally incoherent concept of people being tortured for eternity for their lack of belief is a weakness of the ideology. Moral incoherence is a weakness.
    I say if that thought makes you feel better and keeps you from your typical condescending knee-jerk response, then you're entitled to it.

But apparently not.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 10:25
    @thinkofone said
    Unfortunately Christianity does not have the words of Jesus as its foundation. Rather Christianity has the words of Paul and others as its foundation - it's a foundation of sand so "the fall is great".

Matthew 7
    24“Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25“And the rain fell, and ...[text shortened]... foundation, it would only be a very small minority that have everything SO backward - if one at all.
    No, no, no and no.

Sinful man will always, always attempt to twist what is holy into an invitation to more sin. Look at the Crusades. It's not an error of Christianity. Christianity IS about following the teaching of Jesus. Otherwise the Gospels would be written much as the video in the OP. Evil men, twisting and subverting the Word of God from what it is into an excuse to do the opposite of its teachings, are the ones responsible. Christianity IS the following of Jesus as an example of righteous living. Redefining it as the sum total of the false teachings coming since then is just wrong. The Gospels still stand as a blueprint of the way to God, through Jesus. Blaming the modern sins of those who claim to be Christian on the religion itself is entirely missing the point.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 10:321 edit
    @suzianne said
    No, no, no and no.

Sinful man will always, always attempt to twist what is holy into an invitation to more sin. Look at the Crusades. It's not an error of Christianity. Christianity IS about following the teaching of Jesus. Otherwise the Gospels would be written much as the video in the OP. Evil men, twisting and subverting the Word of God from what it is into an exc ...[text shortened]... modern sins of those who claim to be Christian on the religion itself is entirely missing the point.
    There's an easy way to regain proper focus here.

Are the Gospels true, or not?

Clearly the answer is yes, and so the religion built on them is, as well. Ergo, it must be those who have subverted the words into incorrect practice and philosophy who are wrong, not the teachings as they were meant to be received and followed. Christianity itself is not wrong, only those who seek to use it for personal gain.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 10:56
    Thou shalt not bear false witness...
    Thou shalt not steal...
    Blessed are the pure in heart...

Democrats leading the Christian line...

Albert Bustamante: Accepting Bribes.
    Alcee Hastings: Soliciting a Bribe.
    Andrew J. May: Accepting bribes. Sentenced to 9 months.
    Rod Blagojevich: Sentenced to 14 years in federal prison following for corruption including the soliciting of bribes for political appointments including the 2008 vacant U.S. Senate seat of then-President-Elect Barack Obama.
    Austin Murphy: Voter Fraud.
    Barbara-Rose Collins: Violations of Law and House rules.
    Sandy Berger: Unlawfully removing Classified documents.
    Bertram Podell: Conspiracy and Conflict of Interest. Served 4 months.
    Carroll Hubbard: Illegally funneling Money.
    Charles Diggs: Mail fraud and Filing false Payroll Forms. Sentenced to 3 years
    Cornelius Gallagher:Tax evasion. Served two years.
    Dan Flood: Bribery.
    Daniel Brewster: Accepting Bribes.
    Frank Boykin: Conspiracy and Conflict of Interest.
    Frank Brasco: Conspiracy to accept bribes. Sentenced to 3 months.
    Frederick W. Richmond: Tax evasion and Possession of Marijuana. Served 9 months.
    Harrison A. Williams: Bribery and Conspiracy. Sentenced to 3 years.
    Harry Claiborne: Tax evasion. Served over 1 year.
    James Traficant: Bribery, Racketeering and Tax evasion. Sentenced to 8 years.
    Jim Traficant: Financial Corruption. Sentenced to 8 years.
    Joe Kolter: Conspiracy. Sentenced to 6 months.
    John Jenrette: Bribery and Conspiracy. Sentenced to 2 years.
    John V. Dowdy: Tried to stop a Federal Invesitgation. Served 6 months for Perjury.
    Mario Biaggi: Obstruction of Justice and Accepting Illegal Gratuities; Bribery. Sentenced to 2½ years.
    Matthew Lyon: Spitting and Violating John Adams' Alien and Sedition Acts. Sentenced to 4 months in jail.
    Michael Myers: Bribery. Sentenced to 3 years.
    Ted Kennedy: Leaving the scene of an Accident. Suspended sentence of two months.
    Walter Nixon: Perjury.
    William J. Jefferson: Bribery. Sentenced to 13 years.
    Otto Kerner, Jr.: Bribery, Mail fraud and Tax evasion. Sentenced to 3 years.
    Raymond Lederer: Bribery. Sentenced to 3 years.
    Richard Tonry: Received Illegal Campaign contributions.
    Ronald Blackley: Perjury. Sentenced to 27 months.
    Thomas Francis Johnson: Conspiracy and Conflict of Interest.
    Thomas J. Lane: Evading Taxes. Served 4 months.
    Walter Fauntroy: Filing false Disclosure forms.
    Webster Hubbell: Mail fraud and Tax evasion. Sentenced to 21 months

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree