1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 19:14
    In this life filled with pain, suffering and sorrow, it's no wonder that people cannot believe in a Supreme Being.

A God who loves, creates a child born to cancer, who suffers, then dies.

The tragedy is to justify it, and glorify God anyway.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 19:50
    @chaney3

You make no sense.

Go have a lie down.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 20:15
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @chaney3

You make no sense.

Go have a lie down.
    I don't listen to University educated atheists.

The irony is this: you may reject the God of the Bible, but to reject God makes you ignorant. I don't respect whatever intelligence you claim to have.

Your atheism actually speaks volumes about your intelligence..... it's lacking.
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 21:58
    @chaney3
    you are correct
    God makes no sense at all
    you will relearn this tidbit of information many times in the course of yer life
    and be astounded at the discovery, every time
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 23:04
    @chaney3 said
    In this life filled with pain, suffering and sorrow, it's no wonder that people cannot believe in a Supreme Being.
    The vast majority of people can and do believe in a "supreme being".

But you start a thread saying that such a "God" makes no sense.

Then you attribute the fact that Ghost of a Duke does not think "God" makes sense to his supposed lack of intelligence.

You sound drunk.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 Mar '21 05:08
    @chaney3 said

A God who loves, creates a child born to cancer, who suffers, then dies.

The tragedy is to justify it, and glorify God anyway.
    Of course he doesn't.

Humans created him, then they painted themselves into a corner.

Humans thought it would be nice to have a guarantee of justice to right all wrongs. They also wanted a loving creator, to care about them. But having made God with extreme attributes such as omnipotence and moral perfection, they walked into the Problem of Evil (argument).
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '21 06:562 edits
    If someone were to come and speak to the world about God, making a case for the authenticity and reality of God:

1.) What characteristics in such a person would you look for?
    Name a few attributes and moral characteristics which you would consider of the utmost importance to render the claim believable.

2.) What act might such a person do to verify the claim for the authenticity of God?
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Mar '21 07:54
    @chaney3 said
    I don't listen to University educated atheists.

The irony is this: you may reject the God of the Bible, but to reject God makes you ignorant. I don't respect whatever intelligence you claim to have.

Your atheism actually speaks volumes about your intelligence..... it's lacking.
    Yes, intelligent people just accept God unquestioningly.

The irony is that you just don't get irony.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '21 07:56
    @sonship said
    If someone were to come and speak to the world about God, making a case for the authenticity and reality of God:

1.) What characteristics in such a person would you look for?
    Name a few attributes and moral characteristics which you would consider of the utmost importance to render the claim believable.

2.) What act might such a person do to verify the claim for the authenticity of God?
    You want people to imagine some stuff that competes with the stuff that appeals to your imagination? Is that what you are asking?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree