1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 04:39
    @chaney3 removed their quoted post
    My understanding of this relationship between predestination and free will is on page 1. Your attempt to paraphrase it is inarticulate and oversimplified.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 04:43

Removed by poster

3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 04:46
    You are wrong about what I believe.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 08:41
    Yes.
    No.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 11:03
    Why not? God created everything and everyone; why would there be exceptions to this? God has to tolerate the wicked and evil we do; otherwise, if we were not shown grace at this moment, we would all be struck down and cast out immediately. Given room to receive mercy and redemption, then refusing that mercy only means our guilt would continue until the day of reckoning comes.
  6. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 20:20
    Hell is a misnomer - it’s the grave not a place of eternal torment. The idea of eternal torment was fostered as a control mechanism .
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 22:35
    @medullah said
    Hell is a misnomer - it’s the grave not a place of eternal torment. The idea of eternal torment was fostered as a control mechanism .
    Hell was created for the devil, and it is without a doubt a place of eternal torment; let there be no mistake.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 00:15
    chaney3 appears to have Done a Kevin Eleven/caesar salad and returned to remove a whole load of vile posts and airbrush the posting record. It's odd that chaney3 would do this on a thread he himself started and also odd that he's removed assertions he has made hundreds of times before and will, no doubt, make again.
  9. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 00:25
    I doubt that you can demonstrate that form the biblbe Kelly. Your favourite Hollywood film maybe, but the bibile does not say that Hell was created for the Devil.

Now the concept of the old fire and brimstone stuff originates from Gehenna, which was in the valley of Hinnom. It was essentailly a rubbish tip where the fire was periodically maintained with burning sulphur, and was a particularly handy place for dumping dead bodies.

In terms or principalities of control, the bible makes clear that "the whole word is lying in the power of the wicked one". He even offered it to Jesus when he was being tempted, so clearly satan had the potential to deliver.

Other words apart feom Gehenna that are incorrectly tranlated as "Hell" are Sheol, Hades and Tarturus.
  10. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 00:26
    @fmf said
    chaney3 appears to have Done a Kevin Eleven/caesar salad and returned to remove a whole load of vile posts and airbrush the posting record. It's odd that chaney3 would do this on a thread he himself started and also odd that he's removed assertions he has made hundreds of times before and will, no doubt, make again.
    I wish people wouldn't do that.

Being proven wrong shouldn't be a mark of disgrace, but that of being human and subject to making mistakes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree