Moves
    17 Jan '22 17:21

Removed by poster

2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 17:28
    @chaney3 removed their quoted post
    Isn't "predestination" simply a way of referring to the fact that an omniscient [and perhaps intervening] creator entity, not bound by time, future or past ~ like the Christian, Islamic and Jewish God figures ~ already has knowledge of what will happen [and will have happened at any given point in the future] as a result of people exercising their "free will"?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 18:07
    That's not how God created man dum dum.

You assertion is as flawed as you are. Think about that!

Obviously you're oblivious to the narrative of scripture.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 18:08
    @fmf said
    Isn't "predestination" simply a way of referring to the fact that an omniscient [and perhaps intervening] creator entity, not bound by time, future or past ~ like the Christian, Islamic and Jewish God figures ~ already has knowledge of what will happen [and will have happened at any given point in the future] as a result of people exercising their "free will"?
    No.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 19:08
    To create someone who can love, and their love is authentic, they also have to be able to say no. If not, it wouldn't be real, authentic; it would be forced entirely; this is what God is doing; not wanting anyone to fall is real, but equally authentic, are those that fall do so with the ability to come to God, and do not when He calls.

Marriage under biblical terms are we find a mate, and we are one with them for life, forsaking all others. Marriage is an exclusive relationship under those conditions, open marriage, or those that jump in and out of them as if all there were was a piece of paper that dilutes the covenant. We turn our bodies from a temple to a bathhouse by doing such things.

We end up doing and going in this life where we want, we choose or ignore commitments as we desire, and like all of our choices, there are consequences to them, some good, some not so good.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 19:09
    @fmf said
    That is how I view it.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 19:26
    @kellyjay said
    That is how I view it.
    FMF will never be satisfied with that.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 00:03
    @kellyjay said
    That is how I view it.
    Hypothetically, it's the only way I see how "free will" and "predestination" can co-exist.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 00:161 edit
    @fmf said
    Hypothetically, it's the only way I see how "free will" and "predestination" can co-exist.
    I agree with your assessment.
    I believe He gives us the will to do as we would and honors it to our and His grief when we go our way.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 00:411 edit
    1) Does Christian/biblical god exist?
    2) Yes?
    3) no?

If it’s 2) then is there undisputed evidence?
    If it’s 3) then don’t worry about anything and carry on.

If answer to 2) is yes, I.e. “faith”
    Then is this god benevolent?
    5) Yes, or
    6) no

If you think 5) yes, then ignore all non understood scripture indicating he is 6) and carry on
    If you think he is 6), then get on your knees and start grovelling

It’s quite simple.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 03:361 edit

Removed by poster

12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 03:39
    I think the Christian theology is that it is the exercise of "free will" that decides a human's destiny, the nature of the aforementioned "eternity in hell" notwithstanding.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 03:40
    Is it because I called you dum dum that you're ignoring my reply to your OP?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 03:41

Removed by poster

15. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '22 03:42

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree