1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:06
    If the questions posted to you this forum cause you to be furtive in your replies, what do you think that says about you and your beliefs?
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:19
    @divegeester said
    If the questions posted to you this forum cause you to be furtive in your replies, what do you think that says about you and your beliefs?
    Ironic coming from one of the most furtive posters in this forum.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:38
    I think a lot of users here try to hang one another publicly for small disagreements about the wording of things and huge extrapolations from the initial posts.... So people try to be careful in what they say, and that makes them seem furtive.

In a real sense, though, we are judging someone from afar when we make these accusations.

And that isn't good.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:40
    @secondson said
    Do you have anything of substance to contribute other than your dislike for me?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:42
    @philokalia said
    I think a lot of users here try to hang one another publicly for small disagreements about the wording of things and huge extrapolations from the initial posts.... So people try to be careful in what they say, and that makes them seem furtive.

In a real sense, though, we are judging someone from afar when we make these accusations.

And that isn't good.
    This is a debate forum and I try very hard to bring specific topics into laser focus with the intention of driving unequivocal responses. I am more than happy for people to take the same approach with me.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 07:22
    @divegeester said
    Says you respond to talk rather than understand
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 08:21
    @secondson said
    What definition of "furtive" are you using when you claim this about divegeester?
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 14:36
    @fmf said
    What definition of "furtive" are you using when you claim this about divegeester?
    The same definition I used when I asked divegeester if he was being furtive in my last post in the compounded error thread.

The same definition divegeester used when he accused sonship of being furtive. The definition found in a dictionary. 🙄
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 15:341 edit
    @secondson said
    The same definition I used when I asked divegeester if he was being furtive in my last post in the compounded error thread.

The same definition divegeester used when he accused sonship of being furtive. The definition found in a dictionary. 🙄
    What is the definition you are using? I suspect you aren't using it properly. divegeester is demonstrative, his ideas out in the open, he tends to be unequovical, candid, forthright perhaps to a fault. But "furtiveness"? Huh? What definition are you using? Type it here on this thread about "Furtiveness".
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 19:41
    @divegeester said
    Do you have anything of substance to contribute other than your dislike for me?
    You've accused me of disliking you before sometime ago.

I think now that it's because you're projecting that sentiment onto me because that's how you feel about me.

You're not my favorite poster, and I am in disagreement with you on many levels, but I assure you that I have no negative feels toward you on a personal level.

I'm sure you're a perfectly respectable person in the real world.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 21:01
    @secondson said
    You've accused me of disliking you before sometime ago.

I think now that it's because you're projecting that sentiment onto me because that's how you feel about me.

You're not my favorite poster, and I am in disagreement with you on many levels, but I assure you that I have no negative feels toward you on a personal level.

I'm sure you're a perfectly respectable person in the real world.
    Thank you.
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 23:52
    @divegeester said
    This is a debate forum and I try very hard to bring specific topics into laser focus with the intention of driving unequivocal responses. I am more than happy for people to take the same approach with me.
    I do not think that you are actually doing that, though.

You are forcing the covnersation into specific sets of words that are not appropriate to the circumstance, and you are ignoring the nuances of others.

This is actually the exact opposite of the proper sort of focus that you should have in a discussion.

You are only focusing on your own perspectives and trying to cram everyone else's ideas into your own perspective. That is not how a debate should unfold.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 00:052 edits
    @philokalia said
    I do not think that you are actually doing that, though.

You are forcing the covnersation into specific sets of words that are not appropriate to the circumstance, and you are ignoring the nuances of others.

This is actually the exact opposite of the proper sort of focus that you should have in a discussion.

You are only focusing on your own perspectives ...[text shortened]... ng to cram everyone else's ideas into your own perspective. That is not how a debate should unfold.
    In politics and in economics there can be much blurring of the edges in debate; in religion, where the stakes are eternal life in heaven or eternal life in hell, there cannot be any unequivocality whatsoever.

Answers to questions about salvation qualifications, such as believing or not in the trinity (or any other doctrine) must always start with a YES or a NO, there can be no other way. A qualification or explaination may follow, but it’s YES of NO to start. Clear, unambiguous, no furtiveness.

What you see with sonship in the “calling out thread” is a Christian equivocating over an eternal life issue. There is no excuse for it and I’ll give no quarter over it.

When it comes to salvation it’s is always a YES or a NO.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 00:21
    @divegeester said
    In politics and in economics there can be much blurring of the edges in debate; in religion, where the stakes are eternal life in heaven or eternal life in hell, there cannot be any unequivocality whatsoever.

Answers to questions about salvation qualifications, such as believing or not in the trinity (or any other doctrine) must always start with a YES or a NO, there ...[text shortened]... or it and I’ll give no quarter over it.

When it comes to salvation it’s is always a YES or a NO.
    But there remains within theology and religion a significant amount of complexity, correct?

How would demanding "yes" and "no" answers actually be so valid?
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Dec '18 02:21
    @divegeester said
    Thank you.
    🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree