1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 18:22
    1 Corinthians 3:18-20

New American Standard Bible

18 Take care that no one deceives himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in the sight of God. For it is written: “He is the one who catches the wise by their craftiness”; 20 and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are useless.”
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 18:23
    Why would God create a Universe with false information in place? I believe 1 Cor 3 has the answer.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 20:52
    @eladar said
    Why would God create a Universe with false information in place? I believe 1 Cor 3 has the answer.
    Well ... spell it out.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 20:59
    @rajk999 said
    Well ... spell it out.
    You are really that blind? The first post spelled it out.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 21:00
    @eladar said
    You are no lover of God.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 21:12
    @eladar said
    You are really that blind? The first post spelled it out.
    Im not blind. You are very poor at communicating your point. This is the opinion of everyone here. State your point properly and clearly and people will respond.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 21:15
    @rajk999 said
    Im not blind. You are very poor at communicating your point. This is the opinion of everyone here. State your point properly and clearly and people will respond.
    Is it foolish to believe the literal account of creation found in Genesis?

The obvious answer from you is yes. Correct me if I am wrong.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 21:332 edits
    @eladar said
    Is it foolish to believe the literal account of creation found in Genesis?

The obvious answer from you is yes. Correct me if I am wrong.
    You are really an a$$. You started a thread, without making your point clearly. Dont ask me any questions Make your point ..fool.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 21:43
    @rajk999 said
    You are really an a$$. You started a thread, without making your point clearly. Dont ask me any questions Make your F..ing point ..fool.
    I cannot help it if you are blind.

It is foolish to believe the creation account. You have said this. Everyone in this forum who has responded has said that it is, with one exception.

If the Bible is accurate information from God, then the account is true. The only way this could be true would be if misleading information was created by God from the start.

Why would God do that? According to the Bible God's foolishness is superior to man's wisdom. God created the universe to ensure this is true.

The creation account is definitely a case of God's foolishness based on man's wisdom.

I cannot believe this was not self evident as the topic of the thread based on the first two posts.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 13:061 edit
    @eladar said
    1 Cor also says "God is not the author of confusion".

So your interpretation of the Bible is contradicting itself.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 13:40
    @eladar said
    I cannot help it if you are blind.

It is foolish to believe the creation account. You have said this. Everyone in this forum who has responded has said that it is, with one exception.

If the Bible is accurate information from God, then the account is true. The only way this could be true would be if misleading information was created by God from the start.

Why would ...[text shortened]...
    I cannot believe this was not self evident as the topic of the thread based on the first two posts.
    You cannot write clearly. There is something sadly wrong with your brain if you cannot even get the thread topic right. The reference 1 Cor 3, has nothing about the foolishness of God. It says that the wisdom of man is foolishness with God. Even that you cannot convey correctly.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 14:11
    @vivify said
    1 Cor also says "God is not the author of confusion".

So your interpretation of the Bible is contradicting itself.
    You blame God for confusion while the Bible blames man's wisdom. By who you blame you show which side you are on.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 14:131 edit
    @rajk999 said
    You cannot write clearly. There is something sadly wrong with your brain if you cannot even get the thread topic right. The reference 1 Cor 3, has nothing about the foolishness of God. It says that the wisdom of man is foolishness with God. Even that you cannot convey correctly.
    The wisdom of man says that the creation account in Genesis is false.

You seem to be ignoring this fact.

Here is the quote again, in case you missed it.

Take care that no one deceives himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise. 
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 15:28
    @eladar said
    The wisdom of man says that the creation account in Genesis is false.

You seem to be ignoring this fact.

Here is the quote again, in case you missed it.

Take care that no one deceives himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise. 
    What is the topic of this thread?
    You cannot even answer that.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 15:44
    @rajk999 said
    What is the topic of this thread?
    You cannot even answer that.
    I have answered that question. It is to point out that the Bible says that to know God's truth you must appear foolish to man.

It is a direct quote from the passage I quoted. Here, I will quote it again.

You say that the creation account in Genesis is not literally true and it is foolish to believe it. I agree that based on man's wisdom the creation account is foolish.

Some have questioned why God would intentionally make it so that man's wisdom would make the creation account look wrong. This thread is to point out why God might do such a thing.

Obviously you have issues with Paul instructing Christians to embrace God's foolishness over man's wisdom. This is why you claim no topic is presented. You are being like the monkeys who see no evil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree