1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 18:134 edits
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

For some reason both your lessons on reading comprehension or your coaching on cogent rebuttal of your ideas are both singularly unimpressive to me.

Your wanna-be lesson on reading comprehension of Isaiah 9:6 dudded like a spectacular failure.

My remark on your general attitude towards the Bible was quite cogent enough. I bet a few experienced ...[text shortened]... particularly examine your Word / Jesus post with its usual "while he was on earth" vaguary, I will.
    C'mon jaywill. You've missed the point again.

You take text out of context and create a narrative about it that little to nothing to do with what the text actually says.

You do that with what other posters write. You do that with scripture.

By all means, actually address the salient points I made in my earlier posts to KA and Suzianne - actually formulate a cogent argument against those points.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 22:371 edit
    @ThinkOfOne

You always say that when debunked. "C'mon" and " You missed thee point."

You take text out of context and create a narrative about it that little to nothing to do with what the text actually says.

By all means, actually address the salient points I made in my earlier posts to KA and Suzianne - actually formulate a cogent argument against those points.

The post that I addressed didn't have much of a salient point. It was another introduction to rejection of the ministry of Jesus while He was on the earth and afterwards as well.

This rebellion just takes on varied guises. The so-called "salient point" remains the same underneath.

ie. "Don't trust Jesus Christ. Trust MY philosophy instead."
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 23:07
    @divegeester

My old flat burned down. Lost all my material possesions ... but more importantly it has started a new phase in my life that I just can't quite believe.
    People look at the fire and think, oh poor Charlie. But the bigger picture is definately awesome.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 23:10
    @sonship said
    @karoly-aczel

Two words in the Greek translate to "word" in English.

Logos is one as in John 1:1,14.

Rhema is another as in Eph. 5:26.

Much can be learned by studying the distinction between the logos and the rhema and how the two words are used in the New Testament.

If you show some genuine interest, maybe we can talk about it more.
    I have genuine interest in understanding how you interpret the use of the word "Word" in Revelation.
    It's only a short read.

I'll admit I am not as erudite in the bible as yourself, but I contend that you don't understand it the way it was meant to be understood. ....
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 23:12
    @secondson said
    For a guy that claims to have owned 7 other Bibles, you appear to know next to nothing about God's Word, and that comes as no surprise because nothing you ever post reflects even a minimal amount of Bible knowledge.

At the very least you should quote a verse, but you won't.
    I've quoted bible verses before and I did have 7 bibles in my old place.

God's word comes through me, there is no other authority between me and the Lord.
    Good luck with your 'authority figures' who will no doubt assure you that I'm crazy to keep you placated and held in your holding pattern
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 23:17
    @thinkofone said
    In the gospel Jesus preached while He walked the Earth, He explained the "Word" here:
    John 12
    49“For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. 50“I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me.”

For all inte ...[text shortened]... many of the ways that Jesus used that metaphor in the gospel He preached while He walked the Earth.
    Yes the Christian is a powerful archetype.

Seven angels are required to make a collective. Or so is my understanding of Revelation. Each of the archangels (archetypes) has it's own unique traits. I know who Jesus is.. no it's not Jesus of Nazareth, but his archetype chanelled into the right vessel (person) .
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 23:18
    @divegeester said
    You quote verse 49
    “For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.”

Was Jesus correct when he said he was sent by God?
    Dont crud up my thread with your useless questions please.

That however is only a strong suggestion, never an order
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 23:22
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

You always say that when debunked. "C'mon" and " You missed thee point."

[quote]
    By all means, actually address the salient points I made in my e ...[text shortened]... nt" remains the same underneath.

ie. "Don't trust Jesus Christ. Trust MY philosophy instead."
    and I thought Dive was crudding up my thread.

Please try to engage on a non-disingenious level.
    All impure thoughts carry great karmic backlash at the subtler levels of consciousness.

As the bible says "repent"
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 13:551 edit
    @karoly-aczel
    All impure thoughts carry great karmic backlash at the subtler levels of consciousness.

Why is there karmic backlash in the universe ?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 15:051 edit
    @sonship said
    @karoly-aczel

The following speaks to the essence of karma. It's not the concept of "karma" that is so prevalent in pop culture. 

Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 4.4.5-6 
    Now as a man is like this or like that, 
    according as he acts and according as he behaves, so will he be: 
    a man of good acts will become good, a man of bad acts, bad. 
    He becomes pure by pure deeds, bad by bad deeds. 
    And here they say that a person consists of desires. 
    And as is his desire, so is his will; 
    and as is his will, so is his deed; 
    and whatever deed he does, that he will reap. 

https://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu/quotes/brihadaranyaka-upanishad-4-4-5-6

The concept of "karma" that is so prevalent in pop culture is a deep corruption of the above.

Just as the "gospel" that is so prevalent in Christianity is a deep corruption of the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked on Earth.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 17:421 edit
    @ThinkOfOne
    I directed the question to karoly aczel, if you don't mind.

12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 18:242 edits
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne
    I directed the question to karoly aczel, if you don't mind.

I know you did.

This is a public forum.

I supplied the answer.

You act as if you never respond to posts directed at someone else.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 23:13
    @sonship said
    @karoly-aczel

because of impure thoughts
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jan '19 00:001 edit
    @karoly-aczel

Karmic backlash occurs because of impure thoughts?

Has something particular happened in the universe such that all thoughts are not pure ?

I mean WHY are impure thoughts among us to begin with rather than only pure thoughts?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jan '19 00:341 edit
    @sonship said
    @karoly-aczel

Karmic backlash occurs because of impure thoughts?

Has something particular happened in the universe such that all thoughts are not pure ?

I mean WHY are impure thoughts among us to begin with rather than only pure thoughts?
    Well the why and wherefors of impure thoughts , manifest as disinformation and misinformation are many ... It is a long story over many generations where the basic truths of Christian ideals have been perverted to a doctrine of materialism and hedonism.

The details are not important, suffice to say that not all is well with the world. We dont understand what 'love' means. The bible is misunderstood and hence the 'Word' is shrouded in distrust and secrecy.

Or something like that.

But the purity of thought, thought put into action, will always be rewarded and those who practice will always be protected.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree