1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 17:41
    @kellyjay said
    You should spell out why each of those needed to be written which is what I asked you to do. Simply quoting a scripture doesn't do anything other than you've quoted a scripture. It is no different than trying to understand a letter in the Bible when you go to study it, you need to know why it was written, to whom, and for what reason. Right now your posts are without reason, ...[text shortened]... ure as if that will magically mean something to the one you are talking too, you are void of reason.
    Simply quoting a scripture doesn't do anything other than you've quoted a scripture.

What part of the following didn't you understand?
    <<Each of those passages was written in response to something you wrote or questions you asked. >>

Even when it was spelled out for you in pain staking detail, instead of addressing His words in that context, you continued to side-stepped His words.

This is more of the same.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 17:59
    @thinkofone said
    C'mon KJ. Stop pretending that you don't understand that each of those passages was written in response to something you wrote or questions you asked. Instead of addressing them as such, you side-stepped His words.

This is just more of the same.
    I know you understand reasoning, and why it is important. You said each of your passages you selected were all done for a reason, I'm asking you to tell me what those reasons were so I can better understand.

You stated that you follow Jesus' words not others, you stress when Jesus walked the earth. Now when we quote those that walked with him during that specific time, you make out they preach a different gospel. When pressed why you say that you offer no explanation, you avoid sharing why you disagree. So, again your complaints void of reasoning.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 18:00
    @thinkofone said
    Simply quoting a scripture doesn't do anything other than you've quoted a scripture.

What part of the following didn't you understand?
    <<Each of those passages was written in response to something you wrote or questions you asked. >>

Even when it was spelled out for you in pain staking detail, instead of addressing His words in that context, you continued to side-stepped His words.

This is more of the same.
    What pain staking detail have you ever spelled out?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 18:05
    @kellyjay said
    Dive summed him up pretty well with this post:

ToO is harmless troll (of Christians) who previously pretended to adhere to the “words of Jesus” “while he was on earth”.

However he’s been found out to be a pretender and is in reality probably an atheist Jew, or something similar, who is reasonably well versed in NT scripture and has enjoyed using it to troll Christians by focusing on the more extreme elements.

In answer to your question; yes I think he believes Jesus was either lying, deluded or never existed. He is just too balls-deep into his role play and too cowardly to admit it.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 18:05
    @kellyjay said
    Seriously?

Once again, read through our discussion.

It still starts on page 8.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 18:061 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Dive summed him up pretty well with this post:

ToO is harmless troll (of Christians) who previously pretended to adhere to the “words of Jesus” “while he was on earth”.

However he’s been found out to be a pretender and is in reality probably an atheist Jew, or something similar, who is reasonably well versed in NT scripture and has enjoyed using it to troll Ch ...[text shortened]... deluded or never existed. He is just too balls-deep into his role play and too cowardly to admit it.
    He doesn't hold himself up to the same rules of conduct he applies to others.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 18:07
    @thinkofone said
    Seriously?

Once again, read through our discussion.

It still starts on page 8.
    Been there done that with you, and you are again void of reasoning.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 18:08
    @kellyjay said
    He doesn't hold himself up to the same rules of conduct he applies to others.
    He cuts a pretty sad figure in this forum.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 18:202 edits
    @kellyjay said
    Been there done that with you, and you are again void of reasoning.
    As I wrote on page 10:
    <<Right. Now you're going to pretend that it hasn't already been spelled out for you. This is hardly the first time that you've pulled this type of BS. You've done it with me. I've seen you do it with others.

Try rereading our discussion starting on page 8.>>

Instead of doing so, you continued to side-step as you are doing now.

The reasoning is all there beginning on page 8 - some of it in pain staking detail.

Any chance you'll actually address Jesus' words in the context of what you wrote and the questions you asked? Or will you continue to side-step His words.?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 18:35
    @thinkofone said
    As I wrote on page 10:
    <<Right. Now you're going to pretend that it hasn't already been spelled out for you. This is hardly the first time that you've pulled this type of BS. You've done it with me. I've seen you do it with others.

Try rereading our discussion starting on page 8.>>

Instead of doing so, you continued to side-step as you are doing now.

The reasoni ...[text shortened]... xt of what you wrote and the questions you asked? Or will you continued to side-stepped His words.?
    Jesus' words I've been studying for over 30 years, I have no clue what you are about, you are again are void of reason. No BS, you claim without spelling out why I am or anyone else is at fault. You put yourself above the writers of scripture that disagree with you.

I addressed your list of scriptures, you acted as if nothing was said, again you are quite void of reason. There is nothing about you that I can point to that has any reasoning to it, outside of your claim, "when Jesus walked the earth" there is nothing with reasons behind your claims.

I accept the scriptures as is, I do not cherry pick them as you, which on its face takes reason completely out of the equation, completely destroying the whole of the Bible as trustworthy. When you do that you are again void of reason, you cannot say this verse is of God, those are not, when pointing inside the same book of scripture. There is no justification for any of it to be accepted if you do that! Yet that is what you do. You take the words of Jesus as they were written down by John, Luke, Matthew, Mark and accept some, rejecting others. If you accept the book of Luke, why not the book of Acts? The same man wrote them!

How you think you know Jesus' gospel better than those that walked with him is the greatest display of hubris I've ever encountered.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 19:131 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Jesus' words I've been studying for over 30 years, I have no clue what you are about, you are again are void of reason. No BS, you claim without spelling out why I am or anyone else is at fault. You put yourself above the writers of scripture that disagree with you.

I addressed your list of scriptures, you acted as if nothing was said, again you are quite void of reason. ...[text shortened]... spel better than those that walked with him is the greatest display of hubris I've ever encountered.
    It's really simple KJ. It's about context. The point is to read the words of Jesus that I cited in context of what you wrote and questions you asked. It's not about what you've "been studying for over 30 years". It's not about the authors of "John, Luke, Matthew, Mark", etc.

It this concept really so far above your head that you are unable to understand it?

You talk about reason. Somehow you seem to have got it in your head that your ability to comprehend and reason is as good as anyone else's.I know Christians who are much more intelligent than you. That have much better critical thinking skills than you. That have much better conceptual thinking skills than you. That have much better reading comprehension skills than you. And on and on. The comments you make and the questions you ask are those of someone whose ability to comprehend and reason are poor. As "insulting" as you may find it, it is what it is.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 20:51
    @thinkofone said
    It's really simple KJ. It's about context. The point is to read the words of Jesus that I cited in context of what you wrote and questions you asked. It's not about what you've "been studying for over 30 years". It's not about the authors of "John, Luke, Matthew, Mark", etc.

It this concept really so far above your head that you are unable to understand it?

You tal ...[text shortened]... hose ability to comprehend and reason are poor. As "insulting" as you may find it, it is what it is.
    Void of reasoning again, everything is all about you. Your thinking starts and ends with you, you know Christians better than me, your comprehension is better than everyone else, so instead of actually addressing the topics you indulge into personal insults without directly and simply taking on the topics! Void of reasoning and full of hubris!
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 21:031 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Void of reasoning again, everything is all about you. Your thinking starts and ends with you, you know Christians better than me, your comprehension is better than everyone else, so instead of actually addressing the topics you indulge into personal insults without directly and simply taking on the topics! Void of reasoning and full of hubris!
    Thought you would continue to side-step.

Why would anyone expect anything different from you?

You hate truth. To you truth is an insult.

The truth will make you free.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 21:191 edit
    @thinkofone said
    Thought you would continue to side-step.

Why would anyone expect anything different from you?

You hate truth. To you truth is an insult.

The truth will make you free.
    I agree which is why I read the scriptures myself, and don’t listen to your hidden versions of it. It’s the truth that sets us free not you!
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 21:291 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I agree which is why I read the scriptures myself, and don’t listen to your hidden versions of it. It’s the truth that sets us free not you!
    Yet somehow you hate facing the truth about yourself. You perceive it as an "insult". Funny that.

You've made it quite clear that you don't care what Jesus actually said. You side-step His words at every turn and in the most disingenuous manner.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree