1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 19:04
    @bigdoggproblem said
    So what? Isn't a well lived life better than a poorly lived one, regardless of how it ends?
    Depends on the scale of what is called well lived, and the consequences of at the end.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 19:18
    @thinkofone said
    Clearly you have no intention of addressing the points or the verses from John 14 that underpin them.

This is that way it invariably goes with you. Whenever faced with scripture that you can't reconcile with the dogma you've been taught, you side-step it.
    Spell it out show me what it is I have been avoiding in your eyes.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 19:52
    @kellyjay said
    For years you have been sidestepping and dodging questions about God and whether or not you are an atheist.

No wait,......that isn't you.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 20:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    For years you have been sidestepping and dodging questions about God and whether or not you are an atheist.

No wait,......that isn't you.
    😉
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 21:531 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Right. Now you're going to pretend that it hasn't already been spelled out for you. This is hardly the first time that you've pulled this type of BS. You've done it with me. I've seen you do it with others.

Try rereading our discussion starting on page 8.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 23:30
    @thinkofone said
    Right. Now you're going to pretend that it hasn't already been spelled out for you. This is hardly the first time that you've pulled this type of BS. You've done it with me. I've seen you do it with others.

Try rereading our discussion starting on page 8.
    keep it simple. never forget your keys
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 01:47
    @thinkofone said
    Jesus called His followers to become sons of God as He was a son of God.

Matthew 5
    9“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

If you understood the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth, you'd have understood this. But you didn't. You believe in a gospel preached by those other than Jesus.
    To clarify what you are suggesting that they too can become sons of God as Jesus, just as He was. You believe Jesus is dead and so they to will die, so that is that?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 02:30
    @kellyjay said
    To clarify what you are suggesting that they too can become sons of God as Jesus, just as He was. You believe Jesus is dead and so they to will die, so that is that?
    Luke 6
    35“But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High;
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 10:50
    @thinkofone said
    Luke 6
    35“But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High;
    Great scripture but it does not address the question.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 13:562 edits
    @kellyjay said
    Great scripture but it does not address the question.
    It addresses your post which is built upon a straw man.

To clarify what you are suggesting that they too can become sons of God as Jesus, just as He was.

The point that you keep missing. The point that you refuse to address is that JESUS is calling His followers to become sons of God as He was a son of God. It isn't that I am merely "suggesting" it.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 03:25
    @thinkofone said
    It addresses your post which is built upon a straw man.

To clarify what you are suggesting that they too can become sons of God as Jesus, just as He was.

The point that you keep missing. The point that you refuse to address is that JESUS is calling His followers to become sons of God as He was a son of God. It isn't that I am merely "suggesting" it.
    No that is not truth, Jesus is the Son of God not was! You see that is the truth you are missing.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 11:073 edits
    @kellyjay said
    No that is not truth, Jesus is the Son of God not was! You see that is the truth you are missing.
    Yet another side-step. You've made it quite clear that you don't care what Jesus actually said. You side-step it at every turn.

John 6
    63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Matthew 5

John 14
    16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth...
    23...“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.
    24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words...
    26“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Why do you pretend that you are addressing Jesus' word when you have no intention of actually doing so?
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 11:27
    @thinkofone said
    Yet another side-step. You've made it quite clear that you don't care what Jesus actually said. You side-step it at every turn.
    Of course, Jesus also 'actually said:'

"If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me..."

I'm sure you have no intention of side-stepping this...
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 12:29
    @thinkofone said

John 6
    63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Matthew 5

John 14
    16“I will ask ...[text shortened]... do you pretend that you are addressing Jesus' word when you have no intention of actually doing so?
    What He says carry’s more authority due to who He is, not who He was. His words I have no issues with your claims are not scriptural.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 12:44
    @kellyjay said
    What He says carry’s more authority due to who He is, not who He was. His words I have no issues with your claims are not scriptural.
    Yet another side-step. You've made it quite clear that you don't care what Jesus actually said. You side-step it at every turn and in the most disingenuous manner.

John 6

Matthew 5

Luke 6

John 14
    16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth...
    23...“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.
    24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words...
    26“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree