1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 May '22 01:53
    @fmf said
    I am simply sharing with you the fruits of my experiential knowledge of faith.
    I have always taken you at your word when it comes to that, your the one who says
    I'm wrong.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '22 01:58
    @kellyjay said
    I have always taken you at your word when it comes to that, your the one who says
    I'm wrong.
    If your faith gives you consolation and inspiration, good for you. If part of that is you telling yourself you are immortal, so be it. If it all helps you to be a morally sound person, then it's a positive thing for people around you.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 May '22 02:37
    @fmf said
    If your faith gives you consolation and inspiration, good for you. If part of that is you telling yourself you are immortal, so be it. If it all helps you to be a morally sound person, then it's a positive thing for people around you.
    Where your heart is!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '22 04:11
    @kellyjay said
    Where your heart is!
    If you want to imagine that your deep-seated beliefs and emotions emanate from the muscle that pumps blood around your body, then that is [1] your prerogative, and it is [2] a result of your cognition.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '22 13:30

Removed by poster

6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '22 13:433 edits
    The example of a "father of faith" is Abraham.
    Interestingly, Abraham is put up as the prime example by Paul of a man living by faith.

I use to wonder why he didn't choose someone else earlier, like Enoch or Noah.

Abraham, had the God of glory appear to him. I think his faith came from that supernatural encounter. Initially God's appearing to him radiated into his being this faith. The faith was then refined, perfected, tested, and made to grow and expand.

Stephen spoke this as well as what we read in Genesis.

And he [Stephen] said, Men, brothers and fathers, listen. The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham while he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Haran, And said to him, "Come out from your land and from your relatives, and come into the land which I will show you." (Acts 7:1,2)

The appearing of the God of glory must have been the beginning of Abraham partaking of this supernatural faith. His life afterwards was a life of this faith being tested again and again. Obstacle after obstacle confronted him. But the seed of faith that had been sparked in his being could never be put out. It could only encrease.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree