1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 May '22 06:40
    It is important in the OP for me to say what OP is NOT about.
    It is NOT about (as far as I am concerned) what psychologists define as faith. It is not what Wbester's Dictionary or some other human opinion of the natural worldly culture tells you what faith is.

This is intended by me to be about the Bible's explanation of faith.

Faith is something supernatural according to the Bible.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 May '22 06:481 edit
    I wrote what above I am not talking about. Now what am I tallking about (me).

"Now faith is the sunstantiation ofthings hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

The secular or natural minded psychologist or philosopher will object. They might say that is not fair. Maybe it is not fair to our natural estimation.

But I maintain the Bible defines genuine faith as the substantiating ability of what is actually true, real, there, about God.

Like the eye substantiates the reality of an object that is there to be seen.
    It is a foregone conclusion that what is seen is actually real.
    So in the Bible faith is man's gift orifginarting from from from God to substantiate what about Him that is absolutely genuine, real, truth, is THERE.

[b]Faith is the substantiation of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." [yet are realities]
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '22 07:10
    @sonship said
    Faith is the substantiation of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." [yet are realities]
    Is it "substance" or "substantiation"?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '22 07:12
    What happened to the word "assurance"?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '22 07:17
    @fmf said
    What happened to the word "assurance"?
    "Confidence", "conviction".
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '22 07:20
    There are 28 different translations of Hebrews 1:11 here https://biblehub.com/hebrews/11-1.htm Where is the word SUBSTANTIATION?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 08:11
    @sonship said

"Now faith is the sunstantiation ofthings hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)
    Do you mean “substance” rather than “substantiation”?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '22 08:11
    @fmf said
    Is it "substance" or "substantiation"?
    Just seen this, sorry for repeating.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '22 08:28
    @fmf said
    There are 28 different translations of Hebrews 1:11 here https://biblehub.com/hebrews/11-1.htm Where is the word SUBSTANTIATION?
    I find the word SUBSTANTIATION in this book: The Holy Word for Morning Revival - God’s Economy in Faith By Witness Lee

The word SUBSTANTIATION does not appear in these translations of the Bible:

New International Version
    New Living Translation
    English Standard Version
    Berean Study Bible
    New American Standard Bible
    NASB 1995
    NASB 1977
    Amplified Bible
    Christian Standard Bible
    Holman Christian Standard Bible
    Contemporary English Version
    Good News Translation
    GOD'S WORD® Translation
    International Standard Version
    NET Bible
    King James Bible
    New King James Version
    King James 2000 Bible
    New Heart English Bible
    World English Bible
    American King James Version
    American Standard Version
    A Faithful Version
    English Revised Version
    Webster's Bible Translation
    Geneva Bible of 1587
    Bishops' Bible of 1568
    Coverdale Bible of 1535
    Tyndale Bible of 1526
    Literal Standard Version
    Berean Literal Bible
    Young's Literal Translation
    Smith's Literal Translation
    Literal Emphasis Translation
    Douay-Rheims Bible
    Lamsa Bible
    Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    Anderson New Testament
    Godbey New Testament
    Haweis New Testament
    Mace New Testament
    Weymouth New Testament
    Worrell New Testament
    Worsley New Testament
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '22 09:051 edit
    @fmf said
    New International VersionNew Living TranslationEnglish Standard VersionBerean Study BibleNew American Standard BibleNASB 1995NASB 1977Amplified Bible
    Christian Standard BibleHolman Christian Standard BibleContemporary English VersionGood News TranslationGOD'S WORD® TranslationInternational Standard VersionNET BibleKing James BibleNew King James VersionKing James 2000 Bible
    New ...[text shortened]... is New Testament
    Mace New TestamentWeymouth New TestamentWorrell New TestamentWorsley New Testament
    Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
    Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.
    Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
    Now faith is the assurance of what we hope for and the certainty of what we do not see.
    Now faith is the certainty of things hoped for, a proof of things not seen.
    Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
    Now faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen.
    Now faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen.
    Faith makes us sure of what we hope for and gives us proof of what we cannot see.
    To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things we cannot see.
    Faith assures us of things we expect and convinces us of the existence of things we cannot see.
    Now faith is the assurance that what we hope for will come about and the certainty that what we cannot see exists.
    Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, being convinced of what we do not see.
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    Now faith is being confident of what we hope for, convinced about things we do not see.
    Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, proof of things not seen.
    Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen.
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the conviction of things not seen.
    Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the proving of things not seen.
    Nowe faith is the ground of things, which are hoped for, and the euidence of things which are not seene.
    Fayth is the grounde of thynges hoped for, the euidence of thynges not seene.
    Faith is a sure confidence of thinges which are hoped for, and a certaynte of thinges which are not sene.
    Fayth is a sure confidence of thynges which are hoped for and a certayntie of thynges which are not sene.
    Now faith is [the] substance of things hoped for, [the] proof of matters not being seen,
    Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not being seen.
    And faith is of things hoped for a confidence, of matters not seen a conviction,
    And faith is the foundation of things hoped for, the proof of things not seen.
    Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the compelled persuasion of things not being seen.
    Now faith is the substance of things to be hoped for, the evidence of things that appear not.
    Now, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not apparent.
    Now faith is the conviction concerning those things that are in hope, as if it were these things in action, and the revelation of those things that are unseen;
    NOW faith is the substance of things hoped for, just as it was the substance of things which have come to pass; and it is the evidence of things not seen,
    Now, faith is a sure confidence with respect to things hoped for, a firm persuasion with respect to things not seen:
    But faith is the confidence of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
    NOW faith is the realizing confidence of the things hoped for, and the demonstration of things unseen:
    Now faith is the foundation of our hopes of happiness, and the persuasion we have about things not evident to our senses.
    Now faith is a well-grounded assurance of that for which we hope, and a conviction of the reality of things which we do not see.
    Now faith is an assurance of things hoped for, a sure persuasion of things not seen;
    Now faith is the confident expectation of things hoped for, and a conviction of things not seen:

sonship's version: Faith is the substantiation of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 May '22 09:19
    @sonship said
    It is important in the OP for me to say what OP is NOT about.
    It is NOT about (as far as I am concerned) what psychologists define as faith. It is not what Wbester's Dictionary or some other human opinion of the natural worldly culture tells you what faith is.

This is intended by me to be about the Bible's explanation of faith.

Faith is something supernatural according to the Bible.
    Everyone has faith; we are creatures of faith; we don't all put it in the same places
    and depending on where we are putting it, everything will change around us.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '22 09:23
    @kellyjay said
    Everyone has faith; we are creatures of faith; we don't all put it in the same places
    and depending on where we are putting it, everything will change around us.
    depending on where we are putting it, everything will change around us.

I disagree. Faith can cause our perception of what is around us to change. Faith can cause our behaviour with regard to what is around us to change.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 May '22 12:47
    @fmf said
    depending on where we are putting it, everything will change around us.

I disagree. Faith can cause our perception of what is around us to change. Faith can cause our behaviour with regard to what is around us to change.
    🙂 Yes, how we view it all changes for us; the world changes around us as we see it
    from a whole new perspective. The world was always the world, true.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '22 12:50
    @kellyjay said
    🙂 Yes, how we view it all changes for us; the world changes around us as we see it
    from a whole new perspective. The world was always the world, true.
    Perception. Belief. Faith.

Cognition.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 May '22 13:26
    @fmf said
    Perception. Belief. Faith.

Cognition.
    Our faith is what we trust; its fidelity, reality, and what we believe don't change
    whatever we trust in. Putting our faith in anything doesn't change; the world
    around us will remain as it is, no matter what we think about it; I believe we agree.

To be mistaken about something important foundational to everything else we
    doesn't change that truth; it could, however, be very detrimental to our perception
    of the world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree