1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 17:10
    Do you ever find yourself mired in a discussion with a low-quality poster?

I do, sometimes.

I can't help but think it would be better not to engage them at all.

I try to practice this, but sometimes I slip up.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 18:06
    @BigDogg

I do not. To avoid the problem, I make the statement I feel like saying, then leave it at that.

If I feel like it, perhaps a few replies, but definitely cut it off.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 21:41
    @bigdogg said
    Yes, I do. I also get the impression that I engage with quite a lot of people here who think that, when they engage me, they think they are in a discussion with a low-quality poster.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 21:48
    @fmf said
    Yes, I do. I also get the impression that I engage with quite a lot of people here who think that, when they engage me, they think they are in a discussion with a low-quality poster.
    In the past, you and I have not agreed on this issue. You seem to take a more egalitarian approach and give most everyone some sort of response. My approach is generally that life is too short to waste time on bad ideas.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 22:20
    @bigdogg said
    You seem to take a more egalitarian approach and give most everyone some sort of response.
    This "egalitarian" approach would not serve me well on the Debates Forum so that's why I don't post there. Mind you, I could probably use the same rationale for not posting on this forum or the General Forum!
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 22:23
    @bigdogg said

I do, sometimes.

I can't help but think it would be better not to engage them at all.

I try to practice this, but sometimes I slip up.
    I often lower myself to carry on a discusson with you, so what cant you do that to others lower than yourself 😀 lol.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Jul '21 00:131 edit
    @rajk999 said
    I often lower myself to carry on a discusson with you, so what cant you do that to others lower than yourself 😀 lol.
    I was trying to roll with this, but then I realized you had already ruined everything by replying to my post in the first place. 🙂
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '21 00:282 edits
    @bigdogg said
    I too often find myself engaging with posters who seem to have massive chips on their shoulders [like chaney3, RJHINDS, Duchess64, dj2becker, robbie carrobie, galveston75 and many more] ~ and it is the personal rancour caused by this chip that is clearly the REAL underlying topic rather than the matter being discussed.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jul '21 01:33
    @fmf said
    I too often find myself engaging with posters who seem to have massive chips on their shoulders [like chaney3, RJHINDS, Duchess64, dj2becker, robbie carrobie, galveston75 and many more] ~ and it is the personal rancour caused by this chip that is clearly the REAL underlying topic rather than the matter being discussed.
    Seeming chips aside, has it escaped your notice that you are the common element in those interactions?

OOPS!
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '21 01:51
    @kevin-eleven said
    Seeming chips aside, has it escaped your notice that you are the common element in those interactions?
    I am the common element in all the conversations I have ever had with anyone and everyone here. Obviously. But not every poster I engage has a chip on their shoulder.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '21 13:09
    @kevin-eleven said

OOPS!
    Thats like the foolish man who said
    Rum on the rocks
    Scotch on the rocks
    Vodka on the rocks
    Gets him drunk
    The common element...the rocks, is the problem.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '21 16:01
    @kevin-eleven said

OOPS!
    If you are interacting with a person who wants to have the same discussion as you things go great.

If you try to force your point of view or the discussion you want to have on others, it is a waste of time. People who will not put up with your doo doo may appear to have a chip on their shoulder.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jul '21 16:06
    @bigdogg said
    That almost sounds like the intro to a late-night infomercial.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 00:06
    @eladar said
    If you try to force your point of view or the discussion you want to have on others, it is a waste of time. People who will not put up with your doo doo may appear to have a chip on their shoulder.
    "Force"?
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 00:21
    @kevin-eleven said
    That almost sounds like the intro to a late-night infomercial.
    Mired in a bad discussion? Need to escape? We can help!

Diversions, flame wars, aggressive PMs, random robo-calls ... We'll make that Canker Sore sorry he ever messed with you!

All this for the low price of $49 per annoying person!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree