1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 05:39
    I think Thomas is my favourite disciple; very loyal in spirit, even to the point of death, but also very sceptical of what other people told him. Demanded evidence of things he had insufficient faith for refusing to adopt a ‘whistle in the dark’ attitude to his discipleship.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 07:453 edits
    @divegeester
    I think Thomas is my favourite disciple; very loyal in spirit, even to the point of death, but also very sceptical of what other people told him. Demanded evidence of things he had insufficient faith for refusing to adopt a ‘whistle in the dark’ attitude to his discipleship.

?
    What "whistle in the dark" attitude of the other disciples ??

When Jesus had made Himself manifest to the other disciples, Thomas simply was not there. (John 20:19 comp 24, 26)
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 07:51
    @sonship said
    Jesus gave Him a special appearance. And Thomas confessed that his God and Lord was Jesus.
    Why doesn't the Christian God do this for all doubters instead of leaving it to the likes of you and Eladar and Benny Hinn and whodey and Romans1009 and others to spread the word?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 08:24
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

?
    What "whistle in the dark" attitude of the other discip ...[text shortened]... mself manifest to the other disciples, Thomas simply was not there. (John 20:19 comp 24, 26)
    I wasn’t taking about the other 11 disciples sonship.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 08:562 edits
    @divegeester

I wasn’t taking about the other 11 disciples sonship.

The other 10 disciples is what you mean ? Twelve minus Judas Iscariot = 11. The Eleven minus Thomas is 10 disciples.

You said "favorite disciple". So I assumed you meant the other 10.

I have no problem with Thomas being a favorite disciple of yours in the NT. I don't see any others, though kind of "whistling in the dark" if you mean foolishly believing in Christ's resurrection.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 09:08
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    You said "favorite disciple". So I assumed you meant the other 10.
    As I said; I wasn’t referring to the other disciples.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 09:142 edits
    @divegeester

Do you then mean that all followers of Jesus who did not physically see Jesus after He resurrected are "whistle in the dark" kinds of disciples ?
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 09:21
    @fmf said
    Why doesn't the Christian God do this for all doubters instead of leaving it to the likes of you and Eladar and Benny Hinn and whodey and Romans1009 and others to spread the word?
    We should start a petition and have sonship hand deliver it .
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 09:36
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Do you then mean that all followers of Jesus who did not physically see Jesus after He resurrected are "whistle in the dark" kinds of disciples ?
    No I mean that I observe that some are.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 12:18
    @divegeester

No I mean that I observe that some are.

Do you have a name of one ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree