1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 22:47
    Matthew 7:6
    "do not give what is holy to dogs . . . do not throw your pearls before swine"
    According to the Mosaic Law, pigs and dogs were unclean. (Le 11:7, 27) It was permissible to throw to dogs the flesh of an animal killed by a wild beast. (Ex 22:31) But Jewish tradition forbade giving to dogs “holy flesh,” that is, meat of animal sacrifices. At Mt 7:6, the expressions “dogs” and “swine” are used figuratively of people who do not value spiritual treasures. Just as swine have no appreciation of the value of pearls, individuals who do not value spiritual treasures "may abuse" the one sharing them. "Do not give what is holy to dogs nor throw your pearls before swine, so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open."

Interesting scripture huh? Wonder if this apply's to anyone here?
    There are only a few of us left here because of the constant abuse that a very persistent group lives for it seems. There used to be more posters but they are probably the smart ones and have left.
    It would be nice for those few constant abusers to leave for awhile and let this forum come back to some kind of respectable spiritual discussions.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 23:09
    @galveston75 said
    According to the Mosaic Law, pigs and dogs were unclean. (Le 11:7, 27) It was permissible to throw to dogs the flesh of an animal killed by a wild beast. (Ex 22:31) But Jewish tradition forbade giving to dogs “holy flesh,” that is, meat of animal sacrifices. At Mt 7:6, the expres ...[text shortened]... to leave for awhile and let this forum come back to some kind of respectable spiritual discussions.
    You appear to be trying to use the Bible to insult members of this community while elevating or perhaps sanctifying your own behaviour/contributions. This appears to me to be a rather tawdry use of religious scripture.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 23:10
    @galveston75 said
    According to the Mosaic Law, pigs and dogs were unclean. (Le 11:7, 27) It was permissible to throw to dogs the flesh of an animal killed by a wild beast. (Ex 22:31) But Jewish tradition forbade giving to dogs “holy flesh,” that is, meat of animal sacrifices. At Mt 7:6, the expres ...[text shortened]... to leave for awhile and let this forum come back to some kind of respectable spiritual discussions.
    When faced with opposition to your false doctrines you fold. Your knowledge of the teachings of Christ and the Apostles is weak and shallow. It appears that you are only able to carry on a sensible discussion with fellow JWs who think like you. Im sure that there are chat sites for JWs only.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 23:21
    @fmf said
    You appear to be trying to use the Bible to insult members of this community while elevating or perhaps sanctifying your own behaviour/contributions. This appears to me to be a rather tawdry use of religious scripture.
    SecondSon would be proud.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 23:23
    @galveston75 said
    Do you remember one of the several times when you have flounced out of this forum vowing never to return and on that occasion you used the scripture about “shaking the dust from your feet” as your parting insult to this community?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 02:24
    @fmf said
    Now are you the dog or the swine?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 02:301 edit
    @whodey said
    Now are you the dog or the swine?
    Neither, obviously. Nobody in this community warrants being likened to animals or to germs or to animal excrement.

I think the salient question arising from this OP ~ because galveston75's trademark rancorous sneering isn't interesting, in and of itself - is why do people use the Holy Bible in such a tacky way by trying to land blows on people in online settings?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 19:14
    @galveston75

Galveston, you know we have serious disagreements about interpretation of the Bible. But I think your mentioning of this verse is very much consistent with how I have used it once or twice here.

Jesus taught His disciples many things. Among them was that some reactions to their spiritual experiences and God's truth would be unreasonable hostility.

Of course the nature of this medium is that one cannot regulate away very nasty and hostile reactions to God's truth or precious experiences of the believers.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 19:31
    @sonship said
    Of course the nature of this medium is that one cannot regulate away very nasty and hostile reactions to God's truth or precious experiences of the believers.
    The most gratuitously visceral personal insults I've seen on this in this community have come from posters like you and Eladar and RJHinds and Romans1009 as you have sought to promote your supposed "pearls". Your own "very nasty and hostile" outbursts in the face of dissent and disagreement are among the worst.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 20:34
    @galveston75 said
    There can still be respectful discussion, if both sides want it.

Discussions, by definition, need more than 1 person. Have you considered not responding to those who try and start a discussion that doesn't seem worthwhile to you?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 07:09
    @sonship said
    @galveston75

Galveston, you know we have serious disagreements about interpretation of the Bible. But I think your mentioning of this verse is very much consistent with how I have used it once or twice here.

Jesus taught His disciples many things. Among them was that some reactions to their spiritual experiences and God's truth would be unreasonable hostility.

Of co ...[text shortened]... ulate away very nasty and hostile reactions to God's truth or precious experiences of the believers.
    The nauseating oozing obsequiousness of your cross-cult inner-thigh stroking does nothing to distract from the elephant in your post which is for your to desist in casting your own particular “pearls” before us “swine”.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:22
    @bigdoggproblem said
    There can still be respectful discussion, if both sides want it.

Discussions, by definition, need more than 1 person. Have you considered not responding to those who try and start a discussion that doesn't seem worthwhile to you?
    Yep. But they are here ALL the time. Constantly high jacking every thread. No one here can post on this forum with this harassment.
    I wish the forum moderator would get involved but nope, nothing.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:57
    @galveston75 said
    Which posts did you alert which were not deleted? Any examples?
  14. Joined
    05 Apr '19
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 02:40
    @galveston75 said
    Yep. But they are here ALL the time. Constantly high jacking every thread. No one here can post on this forum with this harassment.
    Defend urself...u don't need no mods
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 03:49
    @sonship said
    @galveston75

Of co ...[text shortened]... ulate away very nasty and hostile reactions to God's truth or precious experiences of the believers.
    Great comment..... This situation show the wisdom of the bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree