1. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 21:54
    @pb1022 said
    You have no love in you - no love for Jesus, no love for your fellow man. It’s more than evident in your posts.
    You sound like a desperate drowning man. Grasping at straws.

All you have are personal insults and pointless comments, full of hate and venom.
    All I have done is to quote to you the words of Jesus Christ.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 21:55
    @Rajk999

And this verse came in a devotional today:

“Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.”
    (Acts 13:38–39)
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 21:56
    @Rajk999

<<All you have are personal insults and pointless comments, full of hate and venom. >>

Textbook psychological projection.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 22:00
    @rajk999 said
    You sound like a desperate drowning man. Grasping at straws.

All you have are personal insults and pointless comments, full of hate and venom.
    All I have done is to quote to you the words of Jesus Christ.
    <<All I have done is to quote to you the words of Jesus Christ.>>

Did you quote these words of Jesus Christ?

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”

(John 3:3-6)

Seems to me you claimed the exact opposite.

You said it makes no difference if someone is born again.

Maybe in your false doctrine it makes no difference. But Jesus Christ said it does make a difference - and a huge one at that!
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 22:03
    @pb1022 said
    <<All I have done is to quote to you the words of Jesus Christ.>>

Did you quote these words of Jesus Christ?

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? ...[text shortened]... ne it makes no difference. But Jesus Christ said it does make a difference - and a huge one at that!
    You better calm down before you pop an artery in your head.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 22:07
    @rajk999 said
    You better calm down before you pop an artery in your head.

😉
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Dec '21 02:50
    Maybe the biggest error with this false gospel is it fails to recognize that God is a resource to help us while we’re on earth.

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”

(Psalm 46:1)

All this false gospel is concerned with is earning one’s salvation through good works and keeping the commandments (when salvation is actually a gift from God.)

This false gospel doesn’t speak at all to God helping us through trials, challenges and sorrows while we’re on earth. It doesn’t speak at all of us having a relationship with God.

It’s really a very pernicious false gospel because it portrays God as a judgmental taskmaster and completely ignores what Jesus Christ did on the cross. This false gospel drives people away from God by misrepresenting Him.

There’s a reason the chief proponent of this false gospel declared in another thread that he is no longer answering questions - his false gospel can’t stand the scrutiny.

Anyone who wants a relationship with Jesus Christ can have one, through prayer, reading the Holy Bible, memorizing Scripture, speaking aloud God’s promises in His Word, listening to worship music and Grace-based sermons, etc.

Are good works and keeping the commandments to the best of one’s ability important? Obviously. But having a relationship with God is just as important, if not more so.

And someone who’s close to God will be much more successful at keeping in step with God’s Holy Spirit than someone who’s not close to God.

And a Christian doesn’t do good works and keep the commandments to the best of their ability to earn salvation. They gained salvation after accepting Jesus Christ and believing in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection.

See John 3:16, Romans 10:9, John 6:40, Acts 16:30-31 et al.

They do good works and keep the commandments (to the best of their ability) through the power of God’s indwelt Holy Spirit and out of love and gratitude for what Jesus did for them on the cross.
  8. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '21 04:38
    @pb1022 said
    Maybe the biggest error with this false gospel is it fails to recognize that God is a resource to help us while we’re on earth.

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”

(Psalm 46:1)

All this false gospel is concerned with is earning one’s salvation through good works and keeping the commandments (when salvation is actually a gift from God.)
    ...[text shortened]... of God’s indwelt Holy Spirit and out of love and gratitude for what Jesus did for them on the cross.
    Even Jesus, while He was here, said He could do nothing of Himself, only what the Father did. Christ sends us the Holy Spirit so that, like Jesus while He was here, we could do the works of God without Him, we can do nothing, without the Spirit of God we are not Gods, nor can we do anything without Him.

John 5:19
    So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.

Titus 3:4-6
    English Standard Version
    But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

John 16:13
    When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

Romans 8:11
    If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.

It is God working in us that matters, not our trying to get good enough for God, that level of goodness is far beyond us because God is good in every sense of the word, and we are not.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Dec '21 07:33
    @pb1022 said
    I put bullet points of this false gospel in the OP.
    Yes, we all read the bullet points. That did not answer the question. The question is: whose bullet points are they? Yours, or someone else's? If someone else's, we'd like to know who we are responding to.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '21 10:583 edits
    @kellyjay said

It is God working in us that matters, not our trying to get good enough for God, that level of goodness is far beyond us because God is good in every sense of the word, and we are not.
    God works in the lives of many people, both Christian non Christian. The fact that you keep saying these things mean that my point that Christians are a selfish bunh who believe that Christ and God and the Kingdom of all for them is spot on. You people think that God does not work in other people.

Of course only God is good. Jesus answered that and he said you still have to keep the commandments

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.(Matthew 19:16-17 KJV)

The bottom line, the crux of the issue, the core teaching, is keeping the commandments

Only God is good - but you still have to keep the commandments to get eternal life
    You profess faith - but you still have to keep the commandments to get eternal life
    You are saved - but you still have to keep the commandments to get eternal life
    You have the Holy Spirit - but you still have to keep the commandments to get eternal life
    You are born again - but you still have to keep the commandments to get eternal life

Failure to do so leads to damnation. All that talk and you still have not come to grips with what matters most.
  11. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '21 11:481 edit
    @rajk999 said
    God works in the lives of many people, both Christian non Christian. The fact that you keep saying these things mean that my point that Christians are a selfish bunh who believe that Christ and God and the Kingdom of all for them is spot on. You people think that God does not work in other people.

Of course only God is good. Jesus answered that and he said you still have ...[text shortened]... o so leads to damnation. All that talk and you still have not come to grips with what matters most.
    Again, no one disputes we will not be doing good works. That isn't the issue, except to you it isn't in scripture. Walking out one's faith there will be good works or the faith is dead, worthless. While having the Spirit of God within you as a Christian you can please God, you will be led to do the works of God, but those are all a result of getting right with God, not a prerequisite of getting right with God. All of our works will be judged, some if not built on the foundation of Jesus Christ will simply be burned up. Jesus is either the reason we are saved or He isn't, He is either accepted as Lord and Savior or He isn't, He is Savior or He isn't.

1 Corinthians 3:10-12
    English Standard Version
    According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:19-21
    English Standard Version
    So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord.

Works are your foundation not Jesus Christ, Him you only give lip service too.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '21 12:022 edits
    @kellyjay said
    Again, no one disputes we will not be doing good works. That isn't the issue, except to you it isn't in scripture. Walking out one's faith there will be good works or the faith is dead, worthless. While having the Spirit of God within you as a Christian you can please God, you will be led to do the works of God, but those are all a result of getting right with God, not a pre ...[text shortened]... emple in the Lord.

Works are your foundation not Jesus Christ, Him you only give lip service too.
    Again, you are talking baloney as usual. Jesus said who is going to be burned up and its is these people who did nothing.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand,
    Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,
    prepared for the devil and his angels:
    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me not in:
    naked, and ye clothed me not:
    sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    (Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)

Makes no difference who they are.
    Some of them would have claimed to have the Spirit of God
    Some would have called Jesus as their Saviour
    Some of them are walking out their faith

Whatever .... at that point on judgment day all you have is your works
    If you have none all your BS talk and blabbering is worth nothing.
    Your church doctrine is worthless
    Jesus is not getting fooled by empty words.
  13. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '21 12:10
    @rajk999 said
    Again, you are talking baloney as usual. Jesus said who is going to be burned up and its is these people who did nothing.

[i]Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand,
    Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,
    prepared for the devil and his angels:
    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    I was a stran ...[text shortened]... ng is worth nothing.
    Your church doctrine is worthless
    Jesus is not getting fooled by empty words.
    Jesus is quite clear in John 8 He says

He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '21 12:38
    @moonbus said
    Yes, we all read the bullet points. That did not answer the question. The question is: whose bullet points are they? Yours, or someone else's? If someone else's, we'd like to know who we are responding to.
    The man is not good at answering questions
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '21 12:40
    @kellyjay said
    Even Jesus, while He was here, said He could do nothing of Himself, only what the Father did. Christ sends us the Holy Spirit so that, like Jesus while He was here, we could do the works of God without Him, we can do nothing, without the Spirit of God we are not Gods, nor can we do anything without Him.

John 5:19
    So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the So ...[text shortened]... t level of goodness is far beyond us because God is good in every sense of the word, and we are not.
    Did I not mention on the first page of this thread that there are a group of Christians who will escape judgment, and will not have to give account of their works?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree