1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 13:15
    Yes or no? And if not, are there any films you can think of that arguably have a spiritual aspect that is not overt?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 14:13
    @fmf said
    Yes or no? And if not, are there any films you can think of that arguably have a spiritual aspect that is not overt?
    Yes.

In my opinion nearly all films/movies with time travel do have a spiritual aspect, since you would need some "higher power" to effect that.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 14:42
    @fmf said
    Yes hasn’t he got to improve himself spiritually before he can break out if the cycle.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 15:38
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yes hasn’t he got to improve himself spiritually before he can break out if the cycle.
    Indeed a good point: Who is judging the guy and decides if he returns or not?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 18:25
    @ponderable said
    In my opinion nearly all films/movies with time travel do have a spiritual aspect, since you would need some "higher power" to effect that.
    It has been fiercely contended by some in this forum that no higher power, nor indeed any metaphysical phenomena are required for a person to experience the “spiritual”.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 18:29
    @fmf said
    Yes definitely.

The principle character cannot move forward with his life without first learning to value others.

The ‘finding love’ trigger for his release from Groundhog Day at the end is clichéd but of itself, believably constructed, I suppose.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 19:28
    And some might say that it was karma catching up with him.
  8. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 19:40
    @fmf said
    The film closely resembles Prometheus' fate.

It also reminds me of Ghost Town where both protagonists must learn to appreciate others before being able to move on with their own lives.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 02:23
    @kevcvs57 said
    "The x in this equation is: How long does it take to become a good person? Christians will tell you it’s the work of a lifetime. Buddhists allow that more than one life may be required. Most people will say there’s always room for improvement. The uncertainty — both in terms of length of time needed and definition of the goal — is part of what gives Groundhog Day its perennial appeal."

National Post https://tinyurl.com/y6oq2a3h
  10. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 17:23
    @FMF
    You could look on the path of ancient mythology. Adaptations surrounding 'Purgatory'🤷‍♂️, this has me thinking. Plenty of interest. Good post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree