1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 05:57
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47066659

Claiming to know the mind of God ... is this not presumptuous?
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 07:10
    I don't know, man.

If someone said "God wanted Obama to become President," I would have to nod with them and hear them out because, well, he did become President, right?

So IDK. If someone believes in God and in things happening for a purpose, this is a pretty innoccuous statment.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 07:18
    There were, not so long ago, Christian voices in church pulpits and on the airwaves condemning Obama as the "Antichrist". Was that Biblically supported?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 07:21
    @moonbus said
    Claiming to know the mind of God ... is this not presumptuous?
    There's always Romans 13. AG Jeff Sessions used it to justify separating children from their would-be immigrant parents at the border.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 07:25
    @moonbus said
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47066659
    "I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that He wanted Donald Trump to become president."

It is interesting in light of the fact there is little or no evidence that Trump is a Christian.

I wonder if Ms Sanders believes that Putin was called on by God to fulfil the role he played in the 2016 U.S. election?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 10:51
    @fmf said
    "I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that He wanted Donald Trump to become president."

It is interesting in light of the fact there is little or no evidence that Trump is a Christian.

I wonder if Ms Sanders believes that Putin was called on by God to fulfil the role he played in the 2016 U.S. election?
    They are appointed and what they do or did is either good or bad. Your next breath is from God as is all leadership.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 12:27
    @philokalia said
    I don't know, man.

If someone said "God wanted Obama to become President," I would have to nod with them and hear them out because, well, he did become President, right?

So IDK. If someone believes in God and in things happening for a purpose, this is a pretty innoccuous statment.
    I recall then-President George W. Bush claiming that God wanted him to invade Iraq. The statement was withdrawn promptly and some other excuse was offered for invading Iraq instead. It would be interesting to know whether former president Bush still thinks God wanted him to invade Iraq.

Sanders's statement may simply be playing to a voter-block, nothing more. I sure hope Trump does not really believe he has some sort of divine sanction, because the last time a president thought that, the USA got involved in a war which is still running.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 13:55
    @fmf said

Maybe this is not about Trump after all, but about Ms Sanders. Maybe Ms Sanders was feeling a bit wobbly in her post and felt the need to flatter her boss. Thing is, she's shot her wad too soon -- there are many months yet to go in this presidency, and from "God wants you to be president" there is nowhere to go but down.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 04:29
    @moonbus said
    Maybe this is not about Trump after all, but about Ms Sanders. Maybe Ms Sanders was feeling a bit wobbly in her post and felt the need to flatter her boss. Thing is, she's shot her wad too soon -- there are many months yet to go in this presidency, and from "God wants you to be president" there is nowhere to go but down.
    How about, "God wants you to be King"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree