1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 22:27
    Maybe a strange question but wanting to see what comments pop up....
  2. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 22:37

Removed by poster

3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 05:31
    @mister-moggy removed their quoted post
    Correct. I mentioned this a couple years ago and a couple here jumped all over me and told me there was no proof. And the reason for that discussion then was the subject of where all the water came from for the flood to happen.
  4. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 05:35
    @galveston75 said
    Scientists already cracked the mystery of that great flood, but it's being ignored because the findings are inconvenient. When truth is inconvenient that's what happens. To complicate matters, this subject may be more suitable in the science forum which makes things even weirder because mixing science and spirituality seems to be a super-taboo.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 07:41
    @galveston75 said
    The problem with the OP of course is that there wasn't a 'Noah's flood.'
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 08:30
    @galveston75 said
    I don’t think so.

Can’t remember if there is a scripture confirming “until then no rain had fallen” or if I’m just imagining it.

But if one takes the descriptions literally and at face value I think it is safe to assume that no rain had fallen.

Eg the rainbow was a new phenomena it seems.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 12:26
    @divegeester said
    I don’t think so.

Can’t remember if there is a scripture confirming “until then no rain had fallen” or if I’m just imagining it.

But if one takes the descriptions literally and at face value I think it is safe to assume that no rain had fallen.

The water cycle, being powered as it is by the sun’s energy, is intimately tied to many other aspects of the earth’s climate. While we cannot be dogmatic about the details of the pre-Flood environment, we can be certain that the sun and seas were present (Genesis 1:10, 15). Therefore, there is no reason to insist that this normal environmental process was not in operation before the Flood.

https://answersingenesis.org/creationism/arguments-to-avoid/was-there-no-rain-before-the-flood/
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 13:31
    @divegeester said
    I don’t think so.

Well..thanks for the great comment. And yes the rainbow surly would have been the first to be seen. If it were a normal common occurrence like today, it probably would not have the meaning and the impact it would have been to them then.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 17:42
    Why must the first rainbow have been caused by rain?

That would be the scientific explanation, sure.

But we've admitted the Supernatural into the room.

How can a believer tell when and where one ends, and the other begins?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 18:39
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Why must the first rainbow have been caused by rain?

That would be the scientific explanation, sure.

But we've admitted the Supernatural into the room.

How can a believer tell when and where one ends, and the other begins?
    Because it's what Jehovah spoke to Noah and said why he used it.

If a believer is humble enough to ask Jehovah for direction and is humble enough to accept it, then this is when one starts to learn and understand the bible. Without his help the deeper things will never be understood....
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 20:34
    @galveston75 said
    Well..thanks for the great comment.
    It wasn’t a great comment.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 20:58
    @galveston75 said
    Because it's what Jehovah spoke to Noah and said why he used it.

If a believer is humble enough to ask Jehovah for direction and is humble enough to accept it, then this is when one starts to learn and understand the bible. Without his help the deeper things will never be understood....
    I thought the WHY was a symbol of intent to not wipe out most of the human race again.

Nothing in there about this being the first-ever time it rained, if I recall correctly.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 21:28
    As I recall from my Sunday school 'lessons', the story goes that there were animals in Noah's ark? Now, listen carefully; some animals eat other animals, and these are called carnivores. (Lions and so on) but some animals only eat green stuff, you know, grass, leaves and such. A deer would be an example of this, and these are called herbivores. The grass and trees which the leaves grow on need water in order to grow, and this water falls from the sky and is called RAIN. Without the rain there would be nothing for the herbivores to eat, and therefore nothing for the carnivores to eat. No rain, no animals. I know this is all very scientific and complicated, but do try the best you can to understand.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 22:01
    @divegeester said
    It wasn’t a great comment.
    Well ok, it was a good comment.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 22:09
    @indonesia-phil said
    As I recall from my Sunday school 'lessons', the story goes that there were animals in Noah's ark? Now, listen carefully; some animals eat other animals, and these are called carnivores. (Lions and so on) but some animals only eat green stuff, you know, grass, leaves and such. A deer would be an example of this, and these are called herbivores. The grass and trees whic ...[text shortened]... mals. I know this is all very scientific and complicated, but do try the best you can to understand.
    The answers are in the bible. You just have to look.

Gen 2:5 "No bush of the field was yet on the earth and no vegetation of the field had begun sprouting, because Jehovah God had not made it rain on the earth and there was no man to cultivate the ground. 6 But a mist would go up from the earth, and it watered the entire surface of the ground."

Notice it never says rain but it describes a "heavy mist" would come up nightly and water the "entire surface" of the earth.
    So up until the day the deluge of rain started falling from the water canopy that engulfed the entire planet from the upper atmosphere, it had never rained on the earth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree