Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Dec '20 15:14
  2. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    02 Dec '20 15:281 edit
    @Suzianne

Good grief! Having seen trump handle this pandemic I thought the US had problems.

I was wrong. The US have a 'lot' of problems.

Oh, and I loved the first guy, Kenneth Copeland? Reminds me of the muppets (ahem!).
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Dec '20 21:51
    @suzianne said
    [youtube The Evangelical Election Meltdown]tiXeK7mz1yk[/youtube]
    My Mother told me about these people decades ago. Snake oil, holy roller, tent revivalists. In the early 20th century, they would stay in the rural areas, where education was scarce, and the people were easily led. Today they substitute politics for snake oil, and mega churches for tents. This is pathetic
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Dec '20 12:00
    @mchill said
    My Mother told me about these people decades ago. Snake oil, holy roller, tent revivalists. In the early 20th century, they would stay in the rural areas, where education was scarce, and the people were easily led. Today they substitute politics for snake oil, and mega churches for tents. This is pathetic
    I thought one of the key points was calling them "Scamvangelists".
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 09:51
    @suzianne said
    [youtube The Evangelical Election Meltdown]tiXeK7mz1yk[/youtube]
    Corporate retail Christianity is a flying joke, but Americans take it to the next boss level.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 16:21
    Why is it that some professing Christians seem to have the need to point their finger at the obvious abuse and reproach brought against Christ by other professing Christians and use it to disparage the character of the president of the United States?

Who cares what those blowholes are saying and doing in the name of Christ? I was onto Copeland and his ilk decades ago. I pay no attention to them.

Frankly, I think the OP is an attempt at deflecting from the obvious corruption of the radical liberal leftists and their efforts to steal the election.

I wonder how many times some on the left voted for Biden?

We shall see.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 16:26
    @divegeester said
    Corporate retail Christianity is a flying joke, but Americans take it to the next boss level.
    The "flying joke" is the wholesale corporate lie of all other faiths.

Your political leanings notwithstanding.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 19:22
    @secondson said
    Why is it that some professing Christians seem to have the need to point their finger at the obvious abuse and reproach brought against Christ by other professing Christians and use it to disparage the character of the president of the United States?
    Do you think it is wrong for Christians to criticize the character of the president of the United States?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 22:05
    @secondson said
    Who can your non “quote-reply” post, be referring to I wonder...?

[spoken in the voice of Kryten from Red Dwarf]
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 22:06
    @secondson said
    The "flying joke" is the wholesale corporate lie of all other faiths.

Your political leanings notwithstanding.
    Not at all, it’s American christianity.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 22:27
    @fmf said
    Do you think it is wrong for Christians to criticize the character of the president of the United States?
    I don't give a damn.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 22:36
    @divegeester said
    Not at all, it’s American christianity.
    You're delusional. There's no such thing as "American Christianity".

There is Christianity, and there is everything else, which is the joke, or lie, whichever you prefer.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 23:07
    @secondson said
    You're delusional. There's no such thing as "American Christianity".

There is Christianity, and there is everything else, which is the joke, or lie, whichever you prefer.
    The joke is the doctrine which you promote, ie saved by faith and not of works. You have never once told anyone what Paul or Christ said that they must do n order to inherit the Kingdom of God. You and your church doctrine is the joke.

In Colossians [indeed in every single one of his letters to the churches] Paul explained Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (Colossians 2:8 KJV)

True Christian doctrine must be fashioned after the teachings of Christ. Paul explained what the true Christian doctrine was about in Colossians in a long exhortation about righteousness, good works and the avoidance of sin which if followed will lead to eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

The joke of Christianity preaches saved by faith and do nothing else. This is the doctrine of damnation. So continue with your false Christianity.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Dec '20 00:39
    @rajk999 said
    The joke is the doctrine which you promote, ie saved by faith and not of works. You have never once told anyone what Paul or Christ said that they must do n order to inherit the Kingdom of God. You and your church doctrine is the joke.

In Colossians [indeed in every single one of his letters to the churches] Paul explained [i]Beware lest any man spoil you through philo ...[text shortened]... h and do nothing else. This is the doctrine of damnation. So continue with your false Christianity.
    "You have never once told anyone what Paul or Christ said that they must do n order to inherit the Kingdom of God."

But you have never once told anyone what Jesus said qualifies one to "inherit the Kingdom of God".

"...Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Nobody, and that includes Rajk, has the power to make themselves to be "born again".

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"

Notice in the quote above that salvation is all of God. God loved us "even when we were dead in sins". "Quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)". And "raised us up" and "made us sit" "in heavenly places in Christ Jesus".

Not one word about "works" relative to being saved or born again.

Salvation is of God, "by grace through faith"; "NOT OF WORKS," "lest any man should boast".

So just keep boasting if it makes you feel better.
  15. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    07 Dec '20 01:43
    At age 68 and growing up in the deep South US, it is a different world today. In the 1950's and 1960's it was about individual responsibility and salvation. Your life and your soul were the important factors and not anything beyond that. No politics and no social issues. "Are you a Christian?" was the question. The answer was yes or no. (Yeah Marc Cohn "Walking in Memphis" has another answer to that question).
    Things were not that big. Things were not that spectacular.

"Salvation on Sand Mountain". An excellent book that covers the people who believe.

Best, Steve (MontyMoose)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree