1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 03:30
    @secondson said
    The words in the text are inspired. They are the words God specifically selected for our learning. They are the words of life.
    Are the words "Trinity" and "Triune" divinely inspired?
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 03:40
    @fmf said
    Because churches like sonship's insist that if one does not accept what they claim the word "Triune" refers to, then a believer in Jesus might face torture for eternity. That word "Triune" must be accepted in order for someone to be "saved". That's just for example.
    So what's it to you what anyone believes?
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 03:42
    @fmf said
    Are the words "Trinity" and "Triune" divinely inspired?
    Thick as a brick?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 03:52
    @secondson said
    The beliefs of all the regular posters here are of interest to me. That's why I am a member of this community.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 03:56
    @secondson said
    Thick as a brick?
    If the words "Trinity" and "Triune" are not divinely inspired, according to your beliefs, then what obligation is there for believers to subscribe to the 'human' interpretation of the words in the Bible [which ARE purportedly divinely inspired] that those extra-Biblical words propagate?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 03:59
    @secondson said
    Here is the exchange on the previous page that your quip [above] was seeking to deflect from:

You: Why argue over a word?

Me: Because churches like sonship's insist that if one does not accept what they claim the word "Triune" refers to, then a believer in Jesus might face torture for eternity. That word "Triune" must be accepted in order for someone to be "saved". That's just for example.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 09:252 edits
    @secondson said
    The words in the text are inspired. They are the words God specifically selected for our learning.
    Interesting then that God chose not to include the word “trinity” once. Not even once. Nor did he include “three distinct personalities”.

He does however say, dozens and dozens of times: “Hear of Israel the Lord your God is ONE”.

Did you notice how God himself use the word “one” there? It’s difficult to catch I know because it hidden away in the text.

“Three distinct personalities” ... what an insult to scripture and to our Lord himself. What utter tosh.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 15:41
    @divegeester said
    Interesting then that God chose not to include the word “trinity” once. Not even once. Nor did he include “three distinct personalities”.

He does however say, dozens and dozens of times: “Hear of Israel the Lord your God is ONE”.

Did you notice how God himself use the word “one” there? It’s difficult to catch I know because it hidden away in the text ...[text shortened]... ee distinct personalities” ... what an insult to scripture and to our Lord himself. What utter tosh.
    What is utter tosh is you claiming to be a Christian, yet you deny the Lord Jesus Christ.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 16:24
    @secondson said
    What is utter tosh is you claiming to be a Christian, yet you deny the Lord Jesus Christ.
    It I don’t deny the Lord Jesus Christ, you’re just making it up.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 04:26
    @divegeester said
    It I don’t deny the Lord Jesus Christ, you’re just making it up.
    Is that so? Then tell me, who is Jesus?

Before you answer, keep in mind that it is the Holy Spirit that reveals the truth relative to the Word of God, and He isn't going to tell you one thing and me another.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 07:16
    @secondson said
    Is that so? Then tell me, who is Jesus?

Before you answer, keep in mind that it is the Holy Spirit that reveals the truth relative to the Word of God, and He isn't going to tell you one thing and me another.
    Why not?
    If a deceitful god exists this is just the sort of fun he would have!
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 13:40
    I take it, divegeester, this is you furtively running away from the question above?

Do the scriptures teach that Jesus is God or not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree