don't the Christ-allowing also say, "Hey, how's it going?"
    Great thread.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 07:59
    @divegeester said
    Great thread.
    Perhaps the saddest thing of all is that no-one will even bother to dance upon your grave.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 08:05
    @kevin-eleven said
    Perhaps the saddest thing of all is that no-one will even bother to dance upon your grave.
    That’s because I intend to be buried at sea.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 08:37
    @divegeester said
    That’s because I intend to be buried at sea.
    Typically egocentric of you.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 08:40
    @kevin-eleven said
    Typically egocentric of you.
    Well it is me being buried after all!
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 16:25
    @kevin-eleven said
    don't the Christ-allowing also say, "Hey, how's it going?"
    The Hebrew word translated here as “deep” refers to the deepest depths of the sea. The sons of Korah exiled with David had lost all footing, and they felt as if recurring waves of trouble had plunged their souls into a bottomless ocean of sorrow and despair. The prophet Jonah used similar language to describe his predicament after God’s discipline in his life: “You hurled me into the depths, into the very heart of the seas, and the currents swirled about me; all your waves and breakers swept over me” (Jonah 2:3).

We hit upon the meaning of deep calls to deep when we recognize that human needs are great, but the riches of God are greater. Our wisdom is shallow, but His knowledge and judgments are unsearchable.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    02 Sep '22 04:16
    @mchill said
    The Hebrew word translated here as “deep” refers to the deepest depths of the sea. The sons of Korah exiled with David had lost all footing, and they felt as if recurring waves of trouble had plunged their souls into a bottomless ocean of sorrow and despair. The prophet Jonah used similar language to describe his predicament after God’s discipline in his life: “You hurled me i ...[text shortened]... riches of God are greater. Our wisdom is shallow, but His knowledge and judgments are unsearchable.
    As you might imagine, I was thinking along a different axis, but I do very much appreciate your reply. Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree