1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 00:283 edits
    A Christian, citing "scripture", is insisting I am an "Anti-Christ".

What are the practical implications for the reality in which my family and I live?

What should I do now?

Apparently, I am also a "kafir" [which is a bad thing as well, I'm told] and the question is: what should I do about that, too?

But we can save that for another time and another thread.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 02:15
    @fmf said

What are the practical implications for the reality in which my family and I live?

What should I do now?

Apparently, I am also a "kafir" [which is a bad thing as well, I'm told] and the question is: what should I do about that, too?

It's okay, I'll still get the beers in when we meet in a couple of weeks, so there's one practical implication you don't have to think about.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 02:35
    @indonesia-phil said
    It's okay, I'll still get the beers in when we meet in a couple of weeks, so there's one practical implication you don't have to think about.
    Ha!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 02:37
    Isn't KellyJay calling me "an Anti-Christ" like him accusing me of being closer to the opponent's goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent when the ball is played by a teammate ~ and then blowing his whistle for offside and awarding himself a free-kick ~ when he is the one playing soccer while I am neither playing soccer nor, indeed, am I even a soccer player?
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 03:23
    @fmf said
    Isn't KellyJay calling me "an Anti-Christ" like him accusing me of being closer to the opponent's goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent when the ball is played by a teammate ~ and then blowing his whistle for offside and awarding himself a free-kick ~ when he is the one playing soccer while I am neither playing soccer nor, indeed, am I even a soccer player?
    I see you more as a cricket player, but I know what you mean.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 06:521 edit
    @fmf said

What should I do now?

KellyJay would rather pigeonhole you as an antichrist than being a Christian who has “fallen away”, to use his own phrase.

I’ll explain:
    1) he cannot stand the thought that you once had what he thinks he has now, a relationship with the living God. It irks him more than anything else because it gives you the upper insight.

2) because KellyJay believes in eternal suffering at the hands of his version of Jesus, if he admits that you have “fallen away” then he has a direct responsibility to coach you back to Christ. But as with all the lost in his neighbourhood, he would rather ignore that responsibility and simply call you “antichrist”. It lifts any responsibility off of him.

3) (and this is the big one)
    KellyJay believes that a saved Christian can “fall away” and lose their salvation. This is a MASSIVE statement which like eternal suffering goes right to the heart of the nature of his version of a failure Jesus.
    I.E A god who only saves a few and can’t even hold on to all of those!! It is also a reminder to him that HE HIMSELF will not know that he was truly saved until the day he dies. Because if KellyJay “falls away” then, as he has accused you, so shall it be with him…. I.E. He wasn’t really saved in the first place!
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 09:22
    @divegeester said
    KellyJay would rather pigeonhole you as an antichrist than being a Christian who has “fallen away”, to use his own phrase.

I’ll explain:
    1) he cannot stand the thought that you once had what he thinks he has now, a relationship with the living God. It irks him more than anything else because it gives you the upper insight.

2) because KellyJay believes in eternal s ...[text shortened]... en, as he has accused you, so shall it be with him…. I.E. He wasn’t really saved in the first place!
    It's an open book test divegeester. The term "antichrist" occurs 4 times in the New Testament. 3 times in 1 John, and once in 2 John. Try reading those 4 verses sometime. Maybe you'll learn something about who is "antichrist" and what it means.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 09:30
    @fmf said

What should I do now?

I don't think you are "an antichrist".

You're just an ordinary lost soul who needs Christ.

I think to qualify as "an antichrist" one would have to rise to the level of actively pursuing the destruction of the faith of others with malicious and deliberate intent.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 09:31
    @josephw said
    It would not matter two hoots to me if you thought I was, frankly.

Any thoughts on the OP questions?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 10:21
    @josephw said

I think to qualify as "an antichrist" one would have to rise to the level of actively pursuing the destruction of the faith of others with malicious and deliberate intent.
    Why not take it up directly with kellyjay … instead of dodging his assertion by replying to the accused?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 10:21
    @josephw said
    It's an open book test divegeester. The term "antichrist" occurs 4 times in the New Testament. 3 times in 1 John, and once in 2 John. Try reading those 4 verses sometime. Maybe you'll learn something about who is "antichrist" and what it means.
    Thanks for posting this, I’m sure someone might find it helpful.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 10:22
    @josephw said
    Maybe you'll learn something about who is "antichrist" and what it means.
    Maybe the accuser, Kellyjay will…?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 11:36
    @divegeester said

I’ll explain:

2) because KellyJay believes in eternal s ...[text shortened]... en, as he has accused you, so shall it be with him…. I.E. He wasn’t really saved in the first place!
    More nonsense, driven by your own personal nonsense dogma.

You should start a church.

You'd be right up there with the LDS and the JWs in no time.

The only thing you're missing is your own personal "Revelation from God" Bible. The LDS have the Book of Mormon and the JWs have their contracted-out New World Translation. If you're gonna make any money bilking the sheep, you have to get your own "Living Word", outlining how God agrees with you.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 11:40
    @josephw said

I see what you did there.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 13:37
    @suzianne said
    More nonsense,
    No it’s spot on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree