1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 00:043 edits
    The submitted 3 hour video is of the International Training of Elders and Responsible Ones in Africa
    2018 Fall ITERO BlendingAfrica- Full 3 hours Version

- serving Christians from the local churches throughout the world gathered in Africa.

All men and women blessed and persuaded by the ministry of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee.

YouTube
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 00:30
    You insult the forum and then expect members to watch 3 hours of your cult’s propaganda?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 00:332 edits
    @divegeester
    You insult the forum and then expect members to watch 3 hours of your cult’s propaganda?

I think a good half hour is good.
    Are you the official spokesperson for the Forum ?
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 01:14
    @divegeester said
    Are you sure he's not describing the contents of the video? 😆
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 09:19
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I think a good half hour is good.
    Are you the official spokesperson for the Forum ?
    At times like this I honestly wonder if you are on the spectrum.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 21:19
    @divegeester said
    At times like this I honestly wonder if you are on the spectrum.
    Which spectrum would that be, Mr. Spanking Fetish?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 13:37
    @caesar-salad said
    Which spectrum would that be, Mr. Spanking Fetish?
    Cloudbase.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 13:54
    @sonship said
    The submitted 3 hour video is of the International Training of Elders and Responsible Ones in Africa
    2018 Fall ITERO BlendingAfrica- Full 3 hours Version

- serving Christians from the local churches throughout the world gathered in Africa.

All men and women blessed and persuaded by the ministry of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfqdaXLkoWo
    I think the "recovery movement" is just another denominational form of church government being foisted on "The Church".

The "local church" is "local" and autonomous according to the New Testament. Grouping "local churches" together to form a sect under the auspices of a centralized figure of an ordinary man is cultish.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 13:58
    @divegeester said
    Cloudbase.
    My head is in the clouds. Most of the time.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 15:30
    @secondson said
    My head is in the clouds. Most of the time.
    In case anyone missed it, this was the Spectrum I was referring in my post to Caesar Salad; one of my favourite childhood TV memories: YouTube
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 15:341 edit
    @secondson said
    I think the "recovery movement" is just another denominational form of church government being foisted on "The Church".

The "local church" is "local" and autonomous according to the New Testament. Grouping "local churches" together to form a sect under the auspices of a centralized figure of an ordinary man is cultish.
    Absolutely, especially when that ordinary man is a sandwich short of a picnic.

A reminder of his lunacy:

"The unique Creator, God, is triune, signified by the number three. Since the creation is represented before God by four living creatures (Revelation 4:6-9), the number four signifies creatures, especially man. Hence, three plus four means that God is added to the created man, and thus His purpose is being accomplished. The church is not only the creature, but the creature with the Creator as the Triune God dispensed into her. She is the real number seven: the real three, the Triune God, added to the real four, created man. Therefore the number seven denotes completion in God’s move, first in the old creation and then in the new creation, the church."

(The Recovery Version: Footnotes of Revelation)
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 17:344 edits
    @SecondSon

I think your charge is not accurate. It assumes that oneness of local churches is impossible or that any fellowship of local churches should be suspectas an effort to conglomerate a regional or national "Church".

Actually you are so USE to division that unity is suspicious to you and should never be. Normal is that automous congregations should have nothing to do with each other. We see fellowship among local churches in the New Testament without destroying the local nature of her government (as to each assembly).

We don't see that in the New Testament. Fellowsship among many local churches occurred in spite of the fact that oversight and government was retricted to their respective localities.

Paul said the letter he wrote to the Colossians should also be read by the Laodiceans and visa versa (Col. 4:16). He said he taught the same thing in all the churches. He spoke of the customs of the churches.

Yet there was no grouping of, say, the seven churches in Asia into the Church in Asia. Nor was their a grouping of the churches in Judea into a Judean Church. Nor was there a grouping of the churches in Galatia into a Galatian Church.

Yet there was fellowship among the various local churches. That there could not be so today is superstitious of you.

Government of individual churches can be local yet fellowship and sweet communion between various churches in a region or larger area can occur also, and should.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 17:442 edits
    . Grouping "local churches" together to form a sect under the auspices of a centralized figure of an ordinary man is cultish.

So with this expectation that churches could not be of one accord, we should expect nothing but many "turf' battles and disunity. Perhaps, "in heaven" only SecondSon hopes there will be any oneness.

Perhaps to SecondSon on earth, unity of congregations who decide "This vision is what we believe we should follow together" is impossible without man's hand of worldly organization behind the scenes.

SecondSon cannot conceive that individual assemblies throughout the earth would of their own accord decide the greatest blessing was in fellowship with each other, yet not violating the local government nature of each local church.

This kind of despair is the result of centuries of division and denominational splintering. Many brothers simply do no believe a unity of the Spirit is possible encompassing several localities.

Surely, if there is one accord in gathering in conferences of celebrations this is cult like.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 17:493 edits
    Pessimism of the kind SecondSon suggests may only believe "I will build My church" (Matt. 16:18) means that Christ will do so "in heaven".

For the church in London in the UK to be in unity with the church in Sidney Australia is SURELY indication of a cult.

SecondSon, must believe that only in heaven will believers from one end of the globe be in one accord with believers on the other end of the globe.

Well, we see churches, governed locally in the New Testament, yet also in fellowship with one another. It was encouraged and not discouraged.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 09:57
    @sonship said
    . Grouping "local churches" together to form a sect under the auspices of a centralized figure of an ordinary man is cultish.

So with this expectation that churches could not be of one accord, we should expect nothing but many "turf' battles and disunity. Perhaps, "in heaven" only SecondSon hopes there will be any oneness.

Perhaps to SecondSon on earth, ...[text shortened]... .

Surely, if there is one accord in gathering in conferences of celebrations this is cult like.
    Sonship, do you or your church leaders draw a distinction of any sort between Christians who are members of your Local Church group and those who are not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree