1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 00:47
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I suppose, reading between your lines, you are suggesting that I ought to think about what would have happened to her belief in the supernatural source of "goodness" if she'd been black or mongoloid and not white, or if she'd been other than "young" and "attractive", or if the people who'd offered their friendship to her had been lesbians and not men.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 23:54
    Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Shun Former Members of Their Religion?

'Those who were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest.

We do not automatically disfellowship someone who commits a serious sin. If, however, a baptized Witness makes a ((((((practice))))))) of breaking the Bible’s moral code and does not repent, he or she will be shunned or disfellowshipped.

The Bible clearly states: “Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.”—1 Corinthians 5:13.

What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah’s Witnesses? The religious ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue.

Disfellowshipped individuals may attend our religious services. If they wish, they may also receive spiritual counsel from congregation elders. The goal is to help each individual once more to qualify to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Disfellowshipped people who reject improper conduct and demonstrate a sincere desire to live by the Bible’s standards are always welcome to become members of the congregation again."
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 09:241 edit
    @galveston75 said

'Those who were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest.

We do not automatically disfellowship someone who commits a seriou ...[text shortened]... re to live by the Bible’s standards are always welcome to become members of the congregation again."
    The exclusion bullying tactics of your nasty religious organisation, which are exercised as a means of control, are widely publicised on the internet and demonstrated in this very forum against members such as @beauroberts, whom you personally (and your buddy @Robbie-carrobie the banned lying chess cheat) treated with sneering contempt when he came here looking to explain who he was treated by his JW church during a time of personal illness when he sought a blood transfusion.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 16:44
    @divegeester said
    The exclusion bullying tactics of your nasty religious organisation, which are exercised as a means of control, are widely publicised on the internet and demonstrated in this very forum against members such as @beauroberts, whom you personally (and your buddy @Robbie-carrobie the banned lying chess cheat) treated with sneering contempt when he came here looking to explain ...[text shortened]... e was treated by his JW church during a time of personal illness when he sought a blood transfusion.
    Your opinions on the subject or actually on any subject mean nothing to me....
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 19:13
    @galveston75 said
    Your opinions on the subject or actually on any subject mean nothing to me....
    I am well aware of that Galveston75.

I post my opinions on this subject for my own satisfaction in knowing I’m making a small stand against your pernicious bullying religious organisation, also for the benefit of others who may be reading and especially for this nameless but notable person here at RHP whom you claimed once PM’d you about joining your cult.

Happy New Year!
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 19:25
    @galveston75 said

We do not automatically disfellowship someone who commits a seriou ...[text shortened]... re to live by the Bible’s standards are always welcome to become members of the congregation again."
    I daresay that one can be a witness for Jehovah without being a "Jehovah's Witness".
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 21:24
    @galveston75 said

The Bible clearly states: “Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.”—1 Corinthians 5:13.
    The children's placemats at Carla's diner on State Road 53 read: "Eat half of a red crayon before you leave, or your parents will die on the highway."
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 00:37
    @caesar-salad said
    The children's placemats at Carla's diner on State Road 53 read: "Eat half of a red crayon before you leave, or your parents will die on the highway."
    What?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 17:48
    @suzianne said
    I daresay that one can be a witness for Jehovah without being a "Jehovah's Witness".
    OK......
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 09:46
    @galveston75 said
    OK......
    Well that’s related to the big question which you always refuse to give a straight answer on isn’t it.

Does one have to be a member of the Jehovah’s Witness (Watchtower) church organisation as a precondition of receiving life after death, yes or no?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 15:04
    @FMF
    I suppose, reading between your lines, you are suggesting that I ought to think about what would have happened to her belief in the supernatural source of "goodness" if she'd been black or mongoloid and not white, or if she'd been other than "young" and "attractive", or if the people who'd offered their friendship to her had been lesbians and not men.

This month's ORIGINALITY award has to once again go to Divegeester.
    He is SO innovative, one of a kind, unique, seething with genuine personal creativity and originality.

Congratulations O creative One !
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 15:23
    @sonship said
    @FMF

...[text shortened]... ique, seething with genuine personal creativity and originality.

Congratulations O creative One !
    Six threads bumped to make the same 'point'.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 15:33
    @FMF

Hey, he's got you to lick his wounds. Take good care of Mr. Original.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 15:44
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Hey, he's got you to lick his wounds. Take good care of Mr. Original.
    What "wounds"?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 18:15
    @fmf said
    What "wounds"?
    What on earth are you talking about ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree